Zone1 Not a Christian

What is the benefit of being a Christian?

• I don’t know.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t know either.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I do know. (Specify in the thread)

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Some people like to identify as a Christian.

Some people like to throw disqualifiers at others saying they aren’t Christians.

My questions are these: What is the benefit of being an actual Christian?

What is the detriment of finding out that you are not a Christian?

I expect minimal participation on this thread but I love being surprised.
Food for thought: If you live your life guided by the "actual" content (not what someone tells you exists) in the Holy Scriptures you will live a life based upon TRUTH, you will treat others the way you would be treated, you will obey the eternally righteous commands found in the Holy Scriptures.......based upon your faith that is derived from the prima facie evidence of God's existence, you will leave the world in peace with yourself and your fellowman. What have you lost living such a life.....if your faith is correct you will find eternal life for your Spirit after your body perishes......if you are wrong, you leave the world a better place having lived in it.

On the flip side........the atheist declares that God does not exist and lives his/her live based ........not upon the golden rule, but the silver rule propagated by the atheist, anything is legal as long as you don't get caught......you do good works because socieity forces you (through common laws of the land) to maintain at best a minimun of morality. Thinking that God does not exist. But........what if your negative faith is wrong.........and God judges your life, even the secret things of your life? What have you lost? Your soul/spirit. As My Pap once stated, such people......come into the world attempting to screw everything in front of them and crap on everything behind them.

They live for TODAY because that's all they have.........they seek riches and fame, power and authority thinking these things will make them happy and mentally adjusted........but, everyday you hear of the rich, the famous, the powerful.........dying having never accomplished anything other with their lives, living with the love of money as their god.........often these individuals turn to drugs, sex, etc., to escape the reality that something is missing from their lives, something they thought fame and wealth would fill that void of yearning, seeking, More than a few take their own lives..........due to the side effects of living such a life.

One word: TRUTH. Truth is the logical and reasoned cognitive conclusion that sets one free.....both physically and spiritually. If one applies the truth revealed by God in the Holy Scriptures....he/she will lead a well adjusted life in harmony with themselves, nature and their fellowman. Apply these lessons, regardless of any attempt to argue the existence or non-existence of a Creating force superior to nature........and you will live a better life than those who attempt to naviagte life's path void of any moral gudiance. You will leave the world a better place than the world you were born in.

The wisest man in the Judeo/Christian philosophy stated it best. This is the end of the matter concerning life and the duty of mankind "............Fear God and keep His commandments (the very basis of all civilized nations.....as documented, all moral socities follow these basic eternally righteous laws from God.......Honor in both speech and action (do not murder, do not speak ill of your fellowman with false witness.....do not steal, honor your mother, father, and spouse) All are contained in civilized socities around the world. As morality does not exist in nature, therefore.........morality could not have evolved from nature.......even Darwin admitted this fact of life)

The wiset man on earth (Solomon) declared, "Let us hear the conclusion to the whole matter; Fear God and keep His commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." -- Eccl. 12:13-14

Last edited:

Forum List

Back