Not a big poster here, but

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
What has happened? There are not many posts lately. I like(d) this site. Just cause I don't have time to post my thoughts or really want to post my thoughts as much as other valued members does not mean I don't appreciate this (site).

I value(d) all of you. I hear nothing but far liberal rants daily, I come here to see/hear some sanity. I feel like we have some companionship.

What is going on?

Yurt

What has happened? There are not many posts lately. I like(d) this site. Just cause I don't have time to post my thoughts or really want to post my thoughts as much as other valued members does not mean I don't appreciate this (site).

I value(d) all of you. I hear nothing but far liberal rants daily, I come here to see/hear some sanity. I feel like we have some companionship.

What is going on?

Yurt

Jim sold the board---some folks don't like it now I guess

I agree with Mr. Conley, most people are on holiday right now and real life has enough goings-on to keep most people off-line. Not to mention that with the exception of the death of Fmr. Pres. Gerald Ford, there hasn't been tons of news right now. At least in the USA, most state and federal agencies are closed, or people are taking vacation time here at the holidays.

Look at it this way, some of us are off until early January, at which time business should pick back up.

i dont know about anyone else, but ive just been bored with the political news lately. There isnt alot interesting to talk about lately. we just finished a major election. big stuff isnt getting up. we've talked about Iraq to death. we just need some new stuff going on.

i dont know about anyone else, but ive just been bored with the political news lately. There isnt alot interesting to talk about lately. we just finished a major election. big stuff isnt getting up. we've talked about Iraq to death. we just need some new stuff going on.

Agreed. I think most of us are enjoying the lull before the next Congress takes office....

Yeah I'd agree on that but on the same token I'd also say we've all gotten roped into that subject far too much.

Originally Posted by dilloduckJim sold the board---some folks don't like it now I guess
I haven't been here that long and besides folk either being on holiday or being pissed I haven't seen that much difference. Change can be a good thing:confused:

I haven't been around much lately, mostly because I've just been busy. Moved into a new house at the beginning of October and have been spending most of my free time working on stuff, though I do blow through occassionally and just read. Also, for awhile it got to be the same stuff posted over and over, even with new people coming in. There's only so much new that can be said about Iraq, Sandy Berger's pants, and Cindy Sheehan.

*By the way, off topic... I give. Why can't I get my avatar to work?

I've been busy too! I just learned about the board being sold. I don't imagine much will change though. Greg is learning about the folks here pretty quick I think.

I had boycotted for a while cause of the lame ass rep system ( got tired of not being able to award rep to good posts) kept getting the "you must pass the rep around shit. Thats affirmative action in USMB form. Really suprises me since this is a pretty conservative forum.

Tactic didn't work though, noone gave a shit so I have come crawling back!

:eusa_wall:

The political spectrum has been a bit boring however we could just sit around and insult Ted Kennedy. That would be productive.

I had boycotted for a while cause of the lame ass rep system ( got tired of not being able to award rep to good posts) kept getting the "you must pass the rep around shit. Thats affirmative action in USMB form. Really suprises me since this is a pretty conservative forum.

It was intended to discourage rep abuse. I agree it's not effective and the setting was a bit high at 10. I have lowered it to 1.

BTW----what is your definition of rep abuse ?
Well I have been demoted for some reason. No negagtive rep, just less rep power. I worked hard to get those things, being I only stay in about 3 forums. :eusa_think:

What you are saying is my rep power is in direct relationship to my post count.
In other words if I have posted fewer times but have still managed to have gotten rep'd for those posts, I've gotten penalized.

quantity over quality .....

Forum List

Back