CDZ North Korean Immigrant Explains Her Top Five Culture Shocks

This is very interesting.

I would be a sex object in N Korea. lol

Thanks for sharing this eye-opening video. One thing that really stood out is how in NK the harsh conditions for survival and treatment of the weak are forced upon the people; whereas in the states as with over-eating, obesity, and related health problems is a overwhelmingly a lifestyle choice (not always of course with certain genetic conditions). We Americans and others from Western countries need to really think hard about what is truly a hardship when complaining about the "hardship" of dieting or keeping fit when millions of people around the world would cut off their right leg to change places with us.

So she's comes here with no education, no money, no connections.. And ALREADY she can afford that apartment in a major metro?? How the heck does THAT happen? THAT's the biggest miracle of all...

Really revealing.. And remember kiddies -- America SUCKS and is racist and unlivable..

So she's comes here with no education, no money, no connections.. And ALREADY she can afford that apartment in a major metro?? How the heck does THAT happen? THAT's the biggest miracle of all...

Really revealing.. And remember kiddies -- America SUCKS and is racist and unlivable..

I mean...unless our government gave her money in order to say what it wants her to say. I put limited stock in the claims of these defectors.

I see you only heard about her yesterday, because you are mistaken about all your assumptions

she defected about 5 years ago and has a college degree from S South Korea

since then she arrived in the US to earn an advanced degree and has since married an American guy

I mean...unless our government gave her money in order to say what it wants her to say. I put limited stock in the claims of these defectors.

You can't "program" that kind of honesty and insight. No matter how much you pay someone.. Do you DOUBT the "defector" Cubans who now live in Miami and tell similar stories?

Besides, she's doing this on the web constantly,.. Next you're gonna assert that she never grew up in N. Korea..

I see you only heard about her yesterday, because you are mistaken about all your assumptions

she defected about 5 years ago and has a college degree from S South Korea

since then she arrived in the US to earn an advanced degree and has since married an American guy

So how does she AFFORD "an advanced degree? Couldn't be more than 26 or so.

So was she LYING when she said -- "I came here with NO EDUCATION, no money, no connections? I can only process what I heard her say.. Did she FORGET the degree from S. Korea?

So was she LYING when she said -- "I came here with NO EDUCATION, no money, no connections? I can only process what I heard her say.. Did she FORGET the degree from S. Korea?
I suspect that she thinks of 'here' as Western nations in general.

Norks are taught that Korea is the center of the universe pretty much.

Sorry, but I dont know her that well

I think if you do an internet search you’ll find the same info that I did

she’s a cute girl and I usually click on her link for a couple of minutes when I see one of her videos on YouTube

but she does not say anything about North Korea that I havent already found somewhere else

I am curious though why you think she could not get a college degree as she claims?

Could “here” mean the world beyond North Korea?

You can't "program" that kind of honesty and insight. No matter how much you pay someone.. Do you DOUBT the "defector" Cubans who now live in Miami and tell similar stories?

Besides, she's doing this on the web constantly,.. Next you're gonna assert that she never grew up in N. Korea..

Why can’t you? What, cause she’s doing it online? The testimony of defectors has been consistently criticized as unreliable. Besides, at the end of the day, the root of all this is simple: hey, we need to go waste taxpayer dollars and human lives to liberate these people (not the rich and powerful, though, just people like us). No thanks. And I don’t think there are many defectors who are gonna tell positive tales, otherwise they probably wouldn’t have defected.

Sorry, but I dont know her that well

I think if you do an internet search you’ll find the same info that I did

she’s a cute girl and I usually click on her link for a couple of minutes when I see one of her videos on YouTube

but she does not say anything about North Korea that I havent already found somewhere else

I am curious though why you think she could not get a college degree as she claims?

Still doesn't answer the discrepancy of her saying in THIS video "I came here WITHOUT an education, money or connections.. Maybe her American boyfriend is backing that expensive urban apartment and her education.. But I don't think folks following her on the internet are really as informed as they think..

hey, we need to go waste taxpayer dollars and human lives to liberate these people (not the rich and powerful, though, just people like us). No thanks. And I don’t think there are many defectors who are gonna tell positive tales, otherwise they probably wouldn’t have defected.

I clearly tend to believe these stories. Because they ARE corroborated by other evidence.. But you went off the rails with ASSUMING anybody wants the task of "liberating N.K. or Cuba"... That's just your imagination...

Still doesn't answer the discrepancy of her saying in THIS video "I came here WITHOUT an education, money or connections.. Maybe her American boyfriend is backing that expensive urban apartment and her education.. But I don't think folks following her on the internet are really as informed as they think..
You are forcing me to give more attention to what I consider to be a K-pop girl for political junkies.

but ok here goes.

she’s 27 and escaped from north korea in 2009 after a torturous journey through several countries including china, mongolia and thailand

her family was somewhat privileged till her father ran afoul of the communist authorities and was sent to prison

now her father is dead while mother and sister live in south korea
1601845218160.jpeg

she is an outspoken critic of the communists

now she does Youtube, gives lectures and is a well-known activist against the north Korean dictatorship

she has even managed to meet hillary clinton

1601845372556.jpeg

as far as her personal life she is married with one child

x
1601845473064.jpeg

Last edited:
hey, we need to go waste taxpayer dollars and human lives to liberate these people (not the rich and powerful, though, just people like us). No thanks. And I don’t think there are many defectors who are gonna tell positive tales, otherwise they probably wouldn’t have defected.

I clearly tend to believe these stories. Because they ARE corroborated by other evidence.. But you went off the rails with ASSUMING anybody wants the task of "liberating N.K. or Cuba"... That's just your imagination...
That is the ultimate goal of peddling this kind of information. Same as telling people that Saddam had nukes or some shit.

Yeah, I can relate, I'm pretty much a sex object in any country I visit
That's why the Department of State does not issue passports to LGBT citizens of the U.S., and by law the passport application fees are confiscated, and birth certificates and other documents are not issued, unless a citizen can be verified as "straight" and has the permission of the family to travel.

Forum List

Back