North Dakota school board takes away pledge of allegiance

I'd be ok with that.

There is nothing wrong with teaching children to love, or at the very least respect their country. It's just like you raise kids to respect their parents, to follow the family rules, do whats expected of you in the home and do your share, to have a sense of pride in their home and be grateful to their parents for providing it.

Same thing goes for the country. If you don't teach kids to respect something they won't. If you don't teach them rules they won't follow them. And so on.

If you live in America and don't at the very least respect it, respect it's society, respect it's rules and aren't contributing to it then you should be forced to get out.

If America was made up of people who actually loved the country, respected it, had common decency for other Americans and so on America would be a great place. When you respect something you take care of it, you stick up for it and you protect it.

I hate to use the tired of phrase of "if you don't like America then get out" but it's perfectly worded.

And if you don't like America and don't get out, you should be tossed out.

Just completed a unit on civics with my highest level ESL classes. They get it.

Forum List

Back