North Dakota Republic Governor Big Doug Burgum Makes Emotional Plea On Wearing Masks...are you listening, President Trump?

Wearing masks outside is a waste. Wearing masks inside? I don't but I also stay 10 feet away from people and never cough or sneeze. So what's the problem?

Doctors and scientists have said that the virus can have a hang time in the air for up to 2 hours. And, if you walk through that cloud of virus that you can't see, breathe it in, then pow, you just got infected.

Do masks work? Well, that answer depends on what it's made of. Cloth masks and bandanas are pretty useless for protecting you as the micron rating of cloth is pretty high. The tightest woven cloth is still 5 microns of filtration, meaning something 5 microns or smaller can get through.

Most of the masks you can buy today go down to around 0.3 microns, but the virus is 0.1 microns.

Interestingly enough, paper towels have a micron rating of 0.3 (making them as good as most masks), and that can be improved by folding them in half.

Kleenex however, has a micron rating of 0.1 (small enough to stop the virus), as well as carries a static charge which makes viruses stick to it like a magnet. So, take a paper towel, fold it in half, layer in a couple layers of Kleenex between the paper towel you just folded, then fold like a surgical mask (so it fits your face better), and use rubber bands or twine to make the ear pieces, and seal the open sides with masking tape.

Because there is no metal in the mask, you can disinfect it by putting it in the microwave for 2 min, and you can reuse it several times, throwing it away when it becomes worn looking, and make a new one.

Price of my homemade masks? Maybe 2 cents each, and they filter better than what you can buy in the store.
Virus hang time?

You're jerking me off....

Nope, the virus can stay in the air indoors for quite a while. Doctors have researched it, and it's not 2 hours like I had first heard, but rather it can stay in the air for up to 3 hours.

Here....................read it yourself.

Q: How long does coronavirus stay in the air?

A: The virus can linger as droplets in the air for up to three hours, according to the New England Journal of Medicine; and it can travel at least 13 feet by aerosols that are emitted by breathing or speaking — twice as far as established phsycial distancing guidelines, based on a report by the CDC.

Talking can release thousands of fluid droplets per second that can remain suspended in the air for 8 to 14 minutes, according to a study conducted under experimental conditions by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Masks are effective in blocking, or at least limiting, your exposure to these contagious viral droplets and aerosol particles.

Wearing masks outside is a waste. Wearing masks inside? I don't but I also stay 10 feet away from people and never cough or sneeze. So what's the problem?

Doctors and scientists have said that the virus can have a hang time in the air for up to 2 hours. And, if you walk through that cloud of virus that you can't see, breathe it in, then pow, you just got infected.

Do masks work? Well, that answer depends on what it's made of. Cloth masks and bandanas are pretty useless for protecting you as the micron rating of cloth is pretty high. The tightest woven cloth is still 5 microns of filtration, meaning something 5 microns or smaller can get through.

Most of the masks you can buy today go down to around 0.3 microns, but the virus is 0.1 microns.

Interestingly enough, paper towels have a micron rating of 0.3 (making them as good as most masks), and that can be improved by folding them in half.

Kleenex however, has a micron rating of 0.1 (small enough to stop the virus), as well as carries a static charge which makes viruses stick to it like a magnet. So, take a paper towel, fold it in half, layer in a couple layers of Kleenex between the paper towel you just folded, then fold like a surgical mask (so it fits your face better), and use rubber bands or twine to make the ear pieces, and seal the open sides with masking tape.

Because there is no metal in the mask, you can disinfect it by putting it in the microwave for 2 min, and you can reuse it several times, throwing it away when it becomes worn looking, and make a new one.

Price of my homemade masks? Maybe 2 cents each, and they filter better than what you can buy in the store.
Virus hang time?

Nope, the virus can stay in the air indoors for quite a while. Doctors have researched it, and it's not 2 hours like I had first heard, but rather it can stay in the air for up to 3 hours.

A: The virus can linger as droplets in the air for up to three hours, according to the New England Journal of Medicine; and it can travel at least 13 feet by aerosols that are emitted by breathing or speaking — twice as far as established phsycial distancing guidelines, based on a report by the CDC.

Talking can release thousands of fluid droplets per second that can remain suspended in the air for 8 to 14 minutes, according to a study conducted under experimental conditions by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Masks are effective in blocking, or at least limiting, your exposure to these contagious viral droplets and aerosol particles.
Those figures are changing everyday...better catch up...and detecting it in the air or on any surface doesn't mean its still infectious.....look it up...and get the facts because you are 8 days behind.....

Virus hang time?

Those figures are changing everyday...better catch up...and detecting it in the air or on any surface doesn't mean its still infectious.....look it up...and get the facts because you are 8 days behind.....

If you have something more current that says differently, post a link here. All the information I've found say it can stay in the air for up to 3 hours indoors.

That is one of the reasons that going to church is dangerous. Everyone in the same room, breathing the same air for 1 - 2 hours.

Virus hang time?

If you have something more current that says differently, post a link here. All the information I've found say it can stay in the air for up to 3 hours indoors.

That is one of the reasons that going to church is dangerous. Everyone in the same room, breathing the same air for 1 - 2 hours.
No more dangerous than a store...and I won't do your homework...look it up....detecting the virus does not mean the surface or air is infectious.....the darn thing weakens...ain't that somethin?...jeeze wake the hell up folks....

Virus hang time?

No more dangerous than a store...and I won't do your homework...look it up....detecting the virus does not mean the surface or air is infectious.....the darn thing weakens...ain't that somethin?...jeeze wake the hell up folks....

You would be doing your own homework idiot. I already provided links to prove what I said, and then you said it was wrong and that I was behind in my information. YOU made the claim that it doesn't stay in the air that long, and I'm asking you to validate YOUR claims with a link. If you don't that means you pulled this outta your ass and have nothing to back it up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back