Non US citizens have a say! Why?

Now non US citizens will be counted for apportioning congressional representatives. Amazing. Am I reading this correctly and how does no one have issues with this?

Because that's what the COTUS says
Constitution confers no constitutional benefits to non citizens. Laws protect them from assault and the like but there is Zero in constitution about, for example, non citizens much less illegals receiving welfare just becauseUS Citizens do

The Constitution protects everyone in the country from things like illegal search and seizure, fair trial, freedom to associate. You know...all that stuff you guys only care about when some idiot gets shot storming the capitol.
Those are laws that came to be created from the Constitution, it is the law that makes it “protective” and not the Constitution itself nor by itself.
What you libbies are trying to sell is that illegals and non citizens are afforded exactly the same “protections” as US citizens and that’s incorrect
For example, right from the US government, you must have a social security number or some other rare exception to obtain anFHA loan and many bank loans. You can’t get a VA loan unless you were in Military and met the criteria to receive your DD214.
Despite liberal feelings to make all who set foot on American soil the same as Citizrns with all the protections and benefits thereof; it’s just not true

Undocumented citizens aren't afforded the same protections.

Happy?
Yea. Like priledges , constitutional benefits are achieved and not merely conferred because you set foot on American soil. There are laws protecting all of humanity, citizens or not, but Many Constitutional benefits are reserved for Citizens and rightly so

Just stop.. An FHA loan is NOT a constitutional benefit. Start with this and THINK.... Anyone who is on US soil is under US jurisdiction (law)....

EVERYONE who is on US soil is subject to US jurisdiction... US LAWS.
You have to provide some form of. citizenry Information in order to be able to obtain that type of loan, Thats what I originally said Mr Fly off the Handle

So we should count illegals too? They are inhabitants.

The COTUS says "all people residing in the United States."

They are people residing in the United States.
Residing was not considered a matter of legality then.. Everybody was just residing here at the time. Now there are laws about residency and granting of residency isn’t an issue covered . So are our current laws unconstitutional? You suggest so .

Define resident? So if someone comes here for six months to be a student they are a resident but a temporary one. What happens then?
I suspect a case like the one you mention would not be considered a "usual resident" of the US, but I can't find any specifics.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/f...States, the,United States Virgin Islands, and

"Resident Population - All persons who are 'usually resident' in a specified geographic area. For the United States, the resident population includes all persons who usually reside in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, but excludes residents of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the Island areas under U.S. sovereignty or jurisdiction (principally American Samoa, Guam, United States Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands).

"In addition, the U.S. resident population excludes U.S. Armed Forces overseas and civilian U.S. citizens whose usual place of residence is outside the United States."

Now non US citizens will be counted for apportioning congressional representatives. Amazing. Am I reading this correctly and how does no one have issues with this?

It does not give the illegal a say in government. They do not get to vote. It does give technocrats real numbers to deal with when designing roads bridges, sewers and hiring first responders. There many reasons to know the actual number of people living in an area.

The constitution doesn't limit itself to citizens when counting for apportionment. It counts persons.

"Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed."

the game is over, Biden was elected with a true mandate, winning by > 7,000,000 votes, if he wants to count illegals, so be it, I agree 100%, if you don't like it, you can get the hell outta my country...

1611734832591.png

Forum List

Back