Nominee to Be Next Ambassador to China: 'I'm No Real Expert on China'

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Hey, he is just like BHO when he went into the Oval Office, he certainly wasn't an expert on anything. THIS is why Obama's nominees get held up.

Nominee to Be Next Ambassador to China: 'I'm No Real Expert on China'

"Senator, I'm no real expert on China," Baucus, who has has spent years in the Senate, admitted. "But it's my strong belief Chinese people are just as proud as we Americans are proud."

Nominee to Be Next Ambassador to China: 'I'm No Real Expert on China' | The Weekly Standard

Wanted!

Ambassador to (insert country name here)!

Qualifications:
-Donated significant amounts of money to the Democratic party or Election/re-election campaign of Barack Obama
-Has zero knowledge about country of post
-Political affiliation must be Liberal

Republicans had a Rep. Gov. in the primaries. What was his name, former Amb. to China. Good looking daughters. Nice family. Not real right wingish. I liked that guy. What was his name? Dems and Independents could have voted for that guy. But he got run off. What was his name?

Well, I think Obama nominated him because he's retiring and Landrieu gets a leg up (woman joke) by getting his chairmanship on energy or something.

But, the fact is, at least what I heard on NPR some weeks back, is the Chinese like the guy, becuase they have no concept of how our two party govt functions (assuming it still does) to resolve issues, and there seemed to be some notion that the appt would help them understand us, which is pretty much the basic reason to have an ambassador.

Not that Obama hasn't made appts based on donations, as have all other potus's. It isn't this guy, though.

Forum List

Back