No to stimulus 5. Paying people to not work and to bail out bad local governments and unions is wrong

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
What Nancy Pelosi wants is a pure government giveaway to discourage people from working by paying them more money to not work than work. And the rest is a giveaway to unions and bad blue State governments and their huge pension fund liabilities that were never adequately funded. And then she wants other green and leftist objectives to tie it all up in a nice bow. I didn't see ANYTHING in her bill that I supported. There is no compromise with that. Far better to not do anything.

This is an unusual time since government forced businesses to shut down. So I'm open even as a libertarian to spending I would not normally support. But the bill would have to be payouts to get businesses running and hiring again. A payroll tax suspension would be great for workers and businesses. But those are non-starters for Nancy. At least 20 or so Republicans realize that a deal is not always a good thing. And this deal isn't worth making. Let's send them home for their August break.

"Rep. Lance Gooden, R-Texas, said Wednesday that at least 20 Senate Republicans will not vote for a fresh coronavirus stimulus deal."

What Nancy Pelosi wants is a pure government giveaway to discourage people from working by paying them more money to not work than work. And the rest is a giveaway to unions and bad blue State governments and their huge pension fund liabilities that were never adequately funded. And then she wants other green and leftist objectives to tie it all up in a nice bow. I didn't see ANYTHING in her bill that I supported. There is no compromise with that. Far better to not do anything.

This is an unusual time since government forced businesses to shut down. So I'm open even as a libertarian to spending I would not normally support. But the bill would have to be payouts to get businesses running and hiring again. A payroll tax suspension would be great for workers and businesses. But those are non-starters for Nancy. At least 20 or so Republicans realize that a deal is not always a good thing. And this deal isn't worth making. Let's send them home for their August break.

"Rep. Lance Gooden, R-Texas, said Wednesday that at least 20 Senate Republicans will not vote for a fresh coronavirus stimulus deal."

Wouldn’t a payroll tax break hurt social security?

When obama did it, did it hurt it?
You idiots have to stop listening to partisan shitheads

I bet it happens. And while you are blaming dems, repubs control the presidency, senate, and Supreme Court. It wouldn’t happen if repubs didn’t want it to.
The OP says he is a Libertarian. The people who like to see people starve.
The only people that think that are people that like the govt to wipe their ass for them.

The Democrats intentions were never to help the American people.

I bet it happens. And while you are blaming dems, repubs control the presidency, senate, and Supreme Court. It wouldn’t happen if repubs didn’t want it to.
The only people that think that are people that like the govt to wipe their ass for them.
People are starving in the streets what do you do? Let the free market decide. Isn’t that what libertarian say?

He’s a trumper more than anything.
We should give those LP's some credit. After all, they managed to garner 4.4M votes in 2016 with Gary Johnson. An all time high for the party.

Last edited:
People are starving in the streets what do you do? Let the free market decide. Isn’t that what libertarian say?
:rolleyes:

He’s a trumper more than anything.
We should give those LP's some credit. After all, they managed to garner 1.2M votes in 2016 with Gary Johnson. An all time high for the party.
Both the tea party and libertarians have been successful infiltrating the republican party.

i think the tea party did better but they are gone and libertarians remain.

:rolleyes:
And I get it. I had a buddy who was the head of the Michigan libertarians. The best thing to do rather than bail everyone out and add to the debt let the free market decide.

For example why are they giving unemployed people more than normal? That’s just going to make people comfortable not working. They need to feel the pain. When I was unemployed I only got unemployment for 5 months and it was only $750 every two weeks. That’s the most anyone unemployed should get now. That’s the mask. Why up the payouts now? Especially when so many are drawing unemployment. sorry, here’s your $750. Get back to work

No. There is no social security trust fund. There is no money. So the idea that it's taking money from the fund is a ruse since it doesn't exist. Social security is a welfare program

The Democrats intentions were never to help the American people.
Who were we trying to help ?? Putin , Like Trump is doing?

If you want to see the economy die you'll hang on to this stupidity. We live in a poorly run country and it's being poorly run by a republican president. Repeating the opinion of a fool makes you just as foolish. The government made businesses shut down because of a deadly pandemic. We are forced to do this because this emergency has been mishandled. The stupid notion of people getting paid more not to work when you cannot safely work has got to go.

If you want to see the economy die you'll hang on to this stupidity. We live in a poorly run country and it's being poorly run by a republican president. Repeating the opinion of a fool makes you just as foolish. The government made businesses shut down because of a deadly pandemic. We are forced to do this because this emergency has been mishandled. The stupid notion of people getting paid more not to work when you cannot safely work has got to go.

And paying people more to not work than to work and handouts to failed local and State governments that acted irresponsibility doesn't fix anything.

I said I'm open to a JOBS bill. But Nancy's insane $3.5T Christmas tree actually hurts jobs

New Topics

Forum List

Back