No Thanksgiving For Atheists

Thanksgiving originated in 1621 to celebrate a bountiful harvest. Abraham Lincoln made Thanksgiving a national holiday, in part to help heal the grievous wounds of the Civil War, with its massive percentage of casualties. Since that time, Americans have given thanks to Nature's God for our blessings.

This leaves atheists very much out in the cold with their vaunted, self-proclaimed "intellectualism" and "rationalism". Nobody to give thanks to, except themselves.

Next comes Christmas, ho ho ho. No atheist celebrations then, for sure.
"Nature's god"? You some kinda pagan?

Thanksgiving originated in 1621 to celebrate a bountiful harvest. Abraham Lincoln made Thanksgiving a national holiday, in part to help heal the grievous wounds of the Civil War, with its massive percentage of casualties. Since that time, Americans have given thanks to Nature's God for our blessings.

This leaves atheists very much out in the cold with their vaunted, self-proclaimed "intellectualism" and "rationalism". Nobody to give thanks to, except themselves.

Who the fuck are you?

That's right, pinhead, you're a fuckin' nobody.

I'm not an Atheist (I'm Agnostic), but I've worked damn hard for what I have in this life. Why shouldn't I give thanks to myself? I've never thought about it until you brought it up. Not a bad idea!

Of course, I'll change my tune when Christ drops off the cross and puts in some manual labor but, until that time, you can eat a dick...

Who the fuck are you?
I'm not an Atheist (I'm Agnostic), but I've worked damn hard for what I have in this life. Why shouldn't I give thanks to myself? I've never thought about it until you brought it up. Not a bad idea!
Of course, I'll change my tune when Christ drops off the cross and puts in some manual labor but, until that time, you can eat a dick...

Your hatred is vulgar, sick, and sickening. It is eating you and destroying you.
Leftists should note that you are mocking their beloved homosexuals with your hateful venom. Your spew exhibits an ignorance I will not even stoop to counter. It would be a complete waste of my time. I will however add you to my Ignore List with many others just as hateful and vulgar as you are.

Here's a website I created years ago, so named to attract atheists and their agnostic brethren. It explains the profound disadvantages, moral, physical and financial, to being atheist or agnostic.

What an individual believes about the existence or nonexistence of a supreme being (or more than one) is entirely irrelevant to anybody else, as is what holidays a person celebrates and how they do it. Worship whom or what you will. Or don't.

"Nature's god"? You some kinda pagan?
"God" is, by definition in the Germanic languages, all Who is good and bountiful, worthy of thanks and praise, honor and glory.
All good things come from God --- by the same self-evident definition --- for the Jews and for the Pagans alike.

Is that a yes or a no. I can't tell.
Jesus Christ was born 2020 years ago.

People were either Jews or Pagan by ethnicity.

White people worshipped Norse Pagan gods Thor, Odin, Freya, etc.
The Greeks had different gods, and the Romans still others, The Finns had yet other gods.

I'm an atheist and part Indian.....mom has powhatan blood and my father had cheyenne in him. I never liked Thanksgiven because of what the whites did to the indians who saved their ignorant clueless asses all those centuries ago, but I still had thanksgiven today and remembered that I am thankful for several things in my life.

I'm an atheist and part Indian.....mom has powhatan blood and my father had cheyenne in him. I never liked Thanksgiven because of what the whites did to the indians who saved their ignorant clueless asses all those centuries ago, but I still had thanksgiven today and remembered that I am thankful for several things in my life.

If you have ever read about native North and South American Indians, they were anything but peaceful. They killed and tortured with the best of them. America also fought the Germans and Japanese but now we are all friends. Those who fought and killed on Indian wars are long gone. Time for you to move on.

What an individual believes about the existence or nonexistence of a supreme being (or more than one) is entirely irrelevant to anybody else, as is what holidays a person celebrates and how they do it. Worship whom or what you will. Or don't.
Well no it is NOT irrelevant when they are constantly going to court and trying to shove their godless ignorance down everyone else’s throats while proclaiming themselves intellectually superior.

Who the fuck are you?

Your hatred is vulgar, sick, and sickening. It is eating you and destroying you.
Leftists should note that you are mocking their beloved homosexuals with your hateful venom. Your spew exhibits an ignorance I will not even stoop to counter. It would be a complete waste of my time. I will however add you to my Ignore List with many others just as hateful and vulgar as you are.

Here's a website I created years ago, so named to attract atheists and their agnostic brethren. It explains the profound disadvantages, moral, physical and financial, to being atheist or agnostic.

You'll add me to that list because you're a chicken-shit pussy who's afraid of differing ideas.

Fuck off...

Who the fuck are you?

^^^^^^
That guy is a thumper of the highest order!

Well no it is NOT irrelevant when they are constantly going to court and trying to shove their godless ignorance down everyone else’s throats while proclaiming themselves intellectually superior.

Who's doing that, Thumper?

Is that a yes or a no. I can't tell.
Jesus Christ was born 2020 years ago.

People were either Jews or Pagan by ethnicity.

White people worshipped Norse Pagan gods Thor, Odin, Freya, etc.
The Greeks had different gods, and the Romans still others, The Finns had yet other gods.

So... That's a yes, then?

If you have ever read about native North and South American Indians, they were anything but peaceful. They killed and tortured with the best of them. America also fought the Germans and Japanese but now we are all friends. Those who fought and killed on Indian wars are long gone. Time for you to move on.

^^ Astounding level of pig-ignorance from a whizzo who takes an entire RACE and hangs blanket declarations on them as if every branch thereof is some kind of monolith, or in other words his tiny little mind can't be bothered with details so let's just lump them all. It's convenient.

Kind of predictable for a whizzo who actually thought Thanksgiving was a religious holiday.

UNreal.

Who is going to court and trying "to shove their godless ignorance down everyone else’s throats"? Who are "they"? What is "godless ignorance" exactly"? How can you know of the beliefs of people who are strangers to you? There are people who don't think that any supreme being actually exists in the universe, there are those who just don't know, there are many religions in this world that believe that a supreme being or divine beings exist, but have different ideas as to who and what these beings are.

What other people believe and how they celebrate their holidays are none of your business and are irrelevant. We live in a very diverse society, so this idea that you have that anything that someone else does is designed as a deliberate attack on you personally is absurd.

Forum List

Back