no such thing as ''sin'''

"Sin" is simply a concept that refers to unethical behavior while attributing the directives against such to an outside sourse.

A secular humanist can just as easily arrive at most of the same taboos by adopting the golden rule and applying logic. Without this, they are nihilists, not humanists.

Sin equates to missing the ideal, something we are all prone to do. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to meet the ideal in whatever it is we are doing.
.....that's just it!!! we are programmed not to meet the ideal...trying to meet the ideal is ''anti-human''
what's the ideal?? not be human?
Why wouldn’t you want to be the best version of yourself that you could be?
..I never said I didn't .....but, I'm not going '''to hell'' or feel like I failed if I '''''sinned''''
....childhood/mentality/upbringing/etc all contribute to some people that '''sin'' = free will is definitely not total
If I were you I would be more worried about what you have become rather than where you are going.
o yes--I definitely should worry about that----big HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

Sin equates to missing the ideal, something we are all prone to do. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to meet the ideal in whatever it is we are doing.
.....that's just it!!! we are programmed not to meet the ideal...trying to meet the ideal is ''anti-human''
..I never said I didn't .....but, I'm not going '''to hell'' or feel like I failed if I '''''sinned''''
....childhood/mentality/upbringing/etc all contribute to some people that '''sin'' = free will is definitely not total
If I were you I would be more worried about what you have become rather than where you are going.
Only if you mind what you have become.

it's not insane --it's real-reality-logical
so you prove my OP is correct--no proof of sin
bible driving me nuts???!!! hahahahahhahaha
Do you know what proof is used for? Do you know the definition? There is no proof murder is a sin. Do you actually need proof that murder is not a good thing? Or, would most of us actually agree there is something wrong with murdering someone? What is your point Harmonica? What are you after? I do not understand what difference that physical proof makes makes when it comes to spiritual and philosophical matters. It is like you want to insist that money does not grow on trees. Who said it does? You want to insist there is no physical proof for the Bible and sin. CORRECT! Who is arguing that there is?

it's not insane --it's real-reality-logical
so you prove my OP is correct--no proof of sin
bible driving me nuts???!!! hahahahahhahaha
Do you know what proof is used for? Do you know the definition? There is no proof murder is a sin. Do you actually need proof that murder is not a good thing? Or, would most of us actually agree there is something wrong with murdering someone? What is your point Harmonica? What are you after? I do not understand what difference that physical proof makes makes when it comes to spiritual and philosophical matters. It is like you want to insist that money does not grow on trees. Who said it does? You want to insist there is no physical proof for the Bible and sin. CORRECT! Who is arguing that there is?
I'm glad you brought that up
please ponder this:
as I've stated-''sin'' is natural/what humans do
we don't have total free will
.....SO---if everyone did have the same free will or total free will--why are over 85% of murders committed by males???!!!!!!!!
why don't females commit murder at the rates males do??
the number is too big to deny --85%

I'm so worried --very worried--and scared
hahahahahhahaah
....actually--YOU and other '''christians'' have shown that YOU have become impolite/jerks/etc in some of your replies

please ponder this:
.....SO---if everyone did have the same free will or total free will--why are over 85% of murders committed by males???!!!!!!!!

No, we don't have total free will. So what? The question is how do we use the freedom we have.

please ponder this:

No, we don't have total free will. So what? The question is how do we use the freedom we have.
so--if no total free will, doesn't it seem very idiotic that ''sin'' is wrong/etc?

so--if no total free will, doesn't it seem very idiotic that ''sin'' is wrong/etc?
Not at all. I think it is best when we are aware of how we can do better. Good enough never is. Let's aim for the ideal.

Harmonica seems flush with the idea that Christians are sinners. Believers are not under condemnation. We read in Romans that those in Christ are spared condemnation. They are not sinners. They may still offend God, i.e., sin, but they are not the sinners that the New Testament singles out as such. The sinners were the Jews who rejected the work and divinity of Christ. They were the ones - and still are the ones - outside the kingdom.

Sin is death, plain and simple. It is spiritual alienation. Paul said that sin (through the Law) killed him (Rm 7:11). Sin was spiritual death. It was death because the law was a law of sin and death. Obviously, Paul had not physically died when he wrote that.

For the Law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the Law of sin and death. (Rom 8:2)

Reconciled to God, as Paul declared to his Roman brethren, the saints are liberated from the Law, and therefore sin is not counted against them (5:11, 13). Before Christ, Jews practiced sin and therefore they practiced lawlessness (1 Jn 3:4).

Of course, the misconceptions of unbelievers are due largely to the misconceptions of Christians, who think that the New Testament is as much about them as it is about the apostles.

hahahahahhahaah
....actually--YOU and other '''christians'' have shown that YOU have become impolite/jerks/etc in some of your replies
It’s your mistake to make.

hahahahahhahaah
there's no mistake to make

It is.

Following your philosophy, and applying it to layman issues, then you are saying murdering someone is not a crime.

In biblical terms, murdering someone involves evil intentions and is considered against the law of God. In general terms, in biblical terms it is called a sin.

hahahahahhahaah
Your posts say otherwise.

Forum List

Back