no such thing as ''sin'''

..everyone '''sins'''..it's natural ..it's natural for humans to do
it's not wrong to '''sin''
1. Lust---if you don't lust as a man, you're not a man..this is so natural to do
2. Gluttony--if we don't eat--we die ..one of the biggest subjects/pastimes/etc is food:
Superbowl games = FOOD
Thanksgiving and Christmas = FOOD
food festivals/etc
etc on down the line--''''sinning'' is what humans do naturally

I think you are "using" Catholic laws or commandments.

Sin is defined in the bible as "disobedience to God", not so as disobedience to Catholic doctrines.

1. Lust---if you don't lust as a man, you're not a man..this is so natural to do
2. Gluttony--if we don't eat--we die ..one of the biggest subjects/pastimes/etc is food:
Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

You used the word "wrong". How do you know what "wrong" means? If lust, gluttony and etc is just "natural" and that's okay, what is "wrong"?

But wait, you know it's wrong. So you're not making the case that those things are not wrong--you're making the case that they're natural. Yes, they are. So what? To be crass, so is pooping. So do you poop on a plate and leave it on the living room floor when guests come? Why not? It's natural.

Pain in natural too. Is pain good?

Cancer is natural too. It happens in nature. Cancer has cells; it just wants to grow. Is cancer good?

Okay, so maybe we have established that just because something is natural does not mean it is good, productive, or worthy.

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

Sin is defined in the bible as "disobedience to God", not so as disobedience to Catholic doctrines.
1. there is no god = no sin
2. the bible is not fact or science = no sin

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

Sin is disobedience to the law.

The law has absolutely nothing whatever to do with food , clothing, killing farm animals, snipping weenies, building a temple, or sex.

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

The law has absolutely nothing whatever to do with food , clothing, killing farm animals, snipping weenies, building a temple, or sex.
what law?

Sin equates to missing the ideal, something we are all prone to do. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to meet the ideal in whatever it is we are doing.

So true Meriweather!

We consider sin to be disobedience or simply human error in respect to God's law. Jesus taught love for neighbor and love for God to be the two most important commandments. (Matthew 22:37-40). He also taught us to love our enemies (Matthew 5:44). The Bible teaches love is the most important thing, even more important than faith and hope:

1 Corinthians 13:13
Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.

See 1 Cor. 13:4-7 for some aspects of love.

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

The law of God in the Bible does teach the value of quarantine and that touching a dead person would make a person unclean for a number of days without explaining why. We now know why and science adds much detail.

The Bible also teaches sexual relations were created to be for husband and wife alone, including having children.

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

The law of God in the Bible does teach the value of quarantine and that touching a dead person would make a person unclean for a number of days without explaining why. We now know why and science adds much detail.

The Bible also teaches sexual relations were created to be for husband and wife alone, including having children.
the bible is not proof though..where is the proof?

We consider sin to be disobedience or simply human error in respect to God's law. Jesus taught love for neighbor and love for God to be the two most important commandments. (Matthew 22:37-40). He also taught us to love our enemies (Matthew 5:44). The Bible teaches love is the most important thing, even more important than faith and hope:

Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.

Agree! Love of God, love of our fellowman is the key to everything else.

key to what?

how does loving god fit into it?
For people of faith, it works like this: We believe we are made up of body, mind, and spirit/soul. Some call it spirits, having a human experience. We believe we are servants and children of God who is our spiritual Father. Abba.

A big part of our spiritual existence is conscience. Many atheists conscience is just a working part of a mind, but people of faith believe otherwise. Our spirit/soul inhabits our body and can direct our intelligence/mind.

The children's catechism taught that we are to know God, to love God, and to serve God. As a child, I took this order seriously, because after all, how can we love someone we don't know? I took it so seriously I kept a list of people I loved, and there was God at the bottom, and the instructions were that we were to love God first. I was well into adulthood before God made it to the top. The amazing thing is with God at the top, love for all others grew exponentially.

When you love people, when you love God, the wish to extend a helping hand is almost automatic. What can I do to make something better? To quote one of the prophets, Here I am, Lord. Send me. Everyone wants to feel they are making a difference, even a teensy difference. It is simply in us to want to give...as well as to receive.

All I can say is...God Is...and that it takes a lot of time and a lot of effort to know Him. I can say a heartfelt Amen to all those who are able to take God solely on faith. Jesus says such people are truly blessed, and I agree. Still, coming to know God (for me) made loving Him possible, so that is the path I took. I do not regret it.

For non-believers, people of no faith: You are still a spirit having a very human experience. I wish you all the best. Many atheists find both happiness and contentment in knowing they are making it through life on their own. I believe God will be there to greet them with a big, loving, well done hug because they did it the hard way. I, on the other hand, had to hold His hand all through this life.

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

That is not what you said in your fist message.

You are changing the topic now.

For layman laws, when you do wrong and evil it is called violation, fault, crime, etc.

For biblical laws, when you do wrong and evil it is called sin.

Simple as that.

Sin is a violation of the law. It's idolatry.
what law?
Torah. More or less.

The command in the Garden not to eat the fruit of another was also law, though not Torah.
but god can't be proven = Torah can't be proven
Actually, Torah is in black and white. People have been reading it for centuries.

It exists.
it's not the law from god?
If you're not a believer, you're outside the bounds of the playing field.

Sin doesn't concern you, and we will never resolve this discussion.
that's just it again!! belief is not facts
I know it doesn't concern me--I don't sin....neither does anyone else
..but I thought religious teachings say anyone who sins will go to hell, etc??
Show me.

Sin equates to missing the ideal, something we are all prone to do. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to meet the ideal in whatever it is we are doing.
.....that's just it!!! we are programmed not to meet the ideal...trying to meet the ideal is ''anti-human''
what's the ideal?? not be human?
Why wouldn’t you want to be the best version of yourself that you could be?

.....that's just it!!! we are programmed not to meet the ideal...trying to meet the ideal is ''anti-human''
what's the ideal?? not be human?
Why wouldn’t you want to be the best version of yourself that you could be?
..I never said I didn't .....but, I'm not going '''to hell'' or feel like I failed if I '''''sinned''''
....childhood/mentality/upbringing/etc all contribute to some people that '''sin'' = free will is definitely not total

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

For layman laws, when you do wrong and evil it is called violation, fault, crime, etc.

Simple as that.
hahahhahahahaha
did you ever think that YOU mentioned god and the bible????!!!!!?????
hahahahhahahaha

Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

Simple as that.
are you serious???!!!!!!!!!! YOU mentioned the bible and god/bible plus god
hahahahhahahahaha
lots of people have

Indeed! As Paul said in 1 Cor. 13 he would be "nothing" without love.
Superbowl games = FOOD
food festivals/etc

the bible is not proof though..where is the proof?

Proof that love is the most important commandment in the Bible? Or proof of what?

Jesus stated that the commandment in Deuteronomy 6:4,5 was the most important commandment in Scripture:

• Mark 12:28-34 New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

28 One of the scribes who had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first* of all?”+ 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’+ 31 The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’+ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him: “Teacher, you spoke well, in line with truth, ‘He is One, and there is no other besides him’;+ 33 and to love him with one’s whole heart, with one’s whole understanding, and with one’s whole strength and to love one’s neighbor as oneself is worth far more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”+ 34 At this Jesus, discerning that he had answered intelligently, said to him: “You are not far from the Kingdom of God.” But no one had the courage to question him anymore.+
  • Note that truth is also important. For example, many Bible translations and all extant Greek NT copies have the Divine Name, Jehovah, removed from this quote of Deuteronomy 6:4,5 and replace it with the title Lord.

• Some translations have removed the Divine Name in all of the nearly 7,000 occurrences. Removal of the name of the author of any book is a sin - removal of God's name from His word is a far more serious sin.

New Topics

Forum List

Back