No Safe Space for Dissent: Iran Continues Crackdown on Student Activists

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like you really have to mind your P's and Q's in Iran, or you are in big trouble.

No Safe Space for Dissent: Iran Continues Crackdown on Student Activists
Posted: 02/03/2015 17:03 GMT Updated: 02/03/2015 17:59 GMT

Atena Faraghdani was arrested in September. An Iranian Artist, Student and Civil Rights Activist, Atena was summoned to court on 10th January to face charges of 'propaganda against the regime, undermining national security, and insulting members of parliament by depicting them in cartoons.' After questioning, the charges of 'insulting the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution and insulting the Executive branch, Legislative branch, and Judicial branch' were also levelled against her for what she said during her one and a half month interrogation.

The cartoon in question portrayed members of the Iranian parliament as animals in protest against the passing of legislation banning permanent contraception after calls from the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Atena aimed to mock a political system which is undemocratic and systematically represses its citizens.

Continue reading at:

No Safe Space for Dissent Iran Continues Crackdown on Student Activists Clara Maciver?

do you live in Iran, if not what why is it any of you business what goes on inside of Iran? I never hear you say anything about SA. Lets the Iranians fight inside their country for their rights.

do you live in Iran, if not what why is it any of you business what goes on inside of Iran? I never hear you say anything about SA. Lets the Iranians fight inside their country for their rights.

Penelooopy,, do you live in the middle east? If not why is it any of your
business to post on the Middle east board? I have relatives in the middle
east so it IS my business. As for Iran---I am interested----I have lots of
friends from Iran and one relative. Saudi Arabia? In my whole life I knew
only one person from Saudi Arabia. ------well----I reserve my right to have an
interest in that country too. I know almost nothing about New Zealand----but
as far as I know---the US imports lamb from that country sometimes. What is
YOUR reason for posting here, penelooopy? Did you know that the USA used
to import Pistachio nuts from Iran------it was actually the SHAH who decided
to keep the nuts in Iran. So now they are grown in California. If not for the shah--
I doubt that California would have developed pistachio "farms" (?) ---groves?

Penelooopy,, do you live in the middle east? If not why is it any of your
business to post on the Middle east board? I have relatives in the middle
east so it IS my business. As for Iran---I am interested----I have lots of
friends from Iran and one relative. Saudi Arabia? In my whole life I knew
only one person from Saudi Arabia. ------well----I reserve my right to have an
interest in that country too. I know almost nothing about New Zealand----but
as far as I know---the US imports lamb from that country sometimes. What is
YOUR reason for posting here, penelooopy? Did you know that the USA used
to import Pistachio nuts from Iran------it was actually the SHAH who decided
to keep the nuts in Iran. So now they are grown in California. If not for the shah--
I doubt that California would have developed pistachio "farms" (?) ---groves?

One would think that Penelope is an Iranian instead of some Skinhead from the Midwest. Unless she lives in some city where there are lots of Iranians, she probably has had no interaction with them. Out here in Southern California, there are loads of Iranians in the various cities. Not only have many of us worked with them, but also live among them. Out here in my area it is quite easy to discern which house belongs to an Iranian. Even when a house is being renovated and not newly built, up come the columns and the high entry ways. If Penelope saw that outside the Iranian market in my neighborhood that there are newspaper not only in Farsi, but also in Hebrew, she would probably pass out after seeing that the Muslim shoppers have no problem with that. I don't know how it is in New York, IRosie, but they are still coming out of Iran. Since there are so many Iranians in the immediate neighborhood, the 99 Cents Store has hired several young Iranian women as cashiers. I have asked these young women when they came here, and they have said in the last three to five years. No doubt, they are thrilled to be here instead of still living in Iran. Here they are free to say whatever they want to.

None of anyone's business what is going on in Iran, the only reason its our business about Israel and Palestine is that its like Israel is stealing and killing Pals.

Your just pushing for us to interfere in Iran , like the PM was doing in our Congress yesterday.

There is not much we can do about another country, I notice with you its always Iran and Isis.

None of anyone's business what is going on in Iran, the only reason its our business about Israel and Palestine is that its like Israel is stealing and killing Pals.

Your just pushing for us to interfere in Iran , like the PM was doing in our Congress yesterday.

There is not much we can do about another country, I notice with you its always Iran and Isis.

You are a hoot, Penelope. Perhaps we should all chip in to buy you a burqa and ship you off to Iran. Maybe you can become the 4th wife of one of the Mullahs. They would love someone who hates the Jews as you do. In addition he would still allow you to spend your life on the Internet bashing the Jews and Israel. Do you actually have any life outside of these forums?

Forum List

Back