No rioting? There is in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Affluent liberals deceive themselves that they will get a "pass" from violent radical revolutionaries if they sympathize enough with their causes. The latest group to begin to learn the hard way lives in swing state Wisconsin.

The latest Black Lives Matter mostly peaceful™ protest is in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, an affluent (average household income above $100,000) Milwaukee suburb that gave Hillary Clinton 62% more votes than Donald Trump in 2016. The casus belli is explained by the New York Times:

The Milwaukee [County] district attorney said Wednesday that he would not prosecute a Wisconsin police officer who fatally shot an armed Black teenager in a mall parking lot in February, setting off renewed protests over the killing.

Joseph Mensah, a Black police officer in the Wauwatosa Police Department, shot the teenager, Alvin Cole, 17, on Feb. 2 after he refused to put down a firearm and ran away from the police following a confrontation at the Mayfair Mall, John Chisholm, the Milwaukee district attorney, said on Wednesday. He said officers reported that Mr. Cole had pointed the gun at them at one point, and that he had fired the gun while running away.

Rioters obviously believe that firing a gun at cops does not justify cops firing back, and in support of this proposition, they trashed store windows in Wauwatosa, spraying graffiti, and, of course, looting because stealing free stuff is lots more fun than working for it.

But, as in Portland, OR, the mostly peaceful™ demonstrators moved into residential areas, where they broke windows and drove over lawns and shrubbery. Hey, libs, you're not safe in your home, especially if the police are defunded!

One resident, later identified as Jason Fritz, engaged the demonstrators in conversation as they drove motorcycles over his front lawn and shrubbery, complaining that this is a liberal neighborhood that largely supports their cause.

Interviewed this morning on Fox & Friends, Fritz stated that this was the fourth time that mostly peaceful™ demonstrators had come by his house, and stated, "Something clicked inside me and said, 'No more.'"

It will be interesting to see how Wauwatosa votes this time.

The rioting is still ongoing, but the media isn't reporting it any more. Not hard to figure out why.

Funny that the rich uber-libs think they are exempt from violence and destruction. When you let a lion out of it's cage, it doesn't care what your political affiliation is. And neither do the animals out there on the streets every night.

This election will be very interesting indeed, to see who still votes for the democrats after all this madness and mayhem.

Further information on rioting in Wauwatosa:

.... hundreds of protesters first took to the freeway downtown and then made their way towards the scene of the shooting in Wauwatosa. When police in riot gear blocked their path, they turned onto North Avenue and began indiscriminately smashing windows. The police eventually deployed tear gas and pepper balls, the crowd lobbed bricks at the police, and at one point a group of rioters looted a gas station until the police arrived and the guilty scattered.

The next day dawned on a community in shock. Wauwatosa belongs to the relatively buttoned-up and prosperous Milwaukee suburbs. This isn’t Minneapolis or Chicago or Philadelphia: Riots and looting don’t happen here.

One corner of town with a stretch of locally owned shops and businesses was particularly hard hit. At just this one intersection, a half-dozen businesses sustained tens of thousands of dollars in damages as the mob passed by Wednesday night.

Colectivo Coffee only had four windows busted out, but an employee told us it represented at least $1,500 in replacement costs for the owners. He adds that neighbors and volunteers had generously showed up Thursday morning to help with cleanup, although not everyone’s motives are pure. One woman in a Black Lives Matter mask, he says, made a big show of sweeping up broken glass so long as the local news cameras were filming her, but dropped the broom and walked off as soon as the cameras panned away. “She didn’t even pick up the pile of glass she was sweeping.”

Across the street, a group of middle-aged guys are cutting plywood sheets and boarding up the shattered storefronts of a local pharmacy, a wallpaper and paint store, and a nail salon. None of them work at these places — they’re just here to lend a hand.

Andrew Geisler, a 42-year-old marketer from East Wauwatosa, tells us he’d been out for a run that morning and saw his buddy putting up plywood and decided he had to come over and help. He doesn’t resent peaceful protesters, but like a lot of his neighbors, he’s angry at those responsible for smashing windows.

“This just diminishes what the protests are about,” he says, adding that he’s afraid another mob will form tonight and over the weekend. Geisler and the others all reference the unrest in Kenosha. “Some of these people are just looking for trouble,” he says. “But this has been happening all over.”

A few doors down, the Swan U-Serve Pharmacy, an independently owned pharmacy that’s been open since 1972, is also getting boarded up. The owner, Randy Dawes, 65, tells us the single broken window out front will cost him about $1,400 — and that’s out of pocket because it’s a little less than his insurance deductible.

Dawes mentions it’s not just businesses — a 70-year-old woman who lives not far from the pharmacy was at home Wednesday night when someone in the mob tossed a brick through her window.

He employs about 20 people here, and they all know the neighborhood well. One employee, an older woman who didn’t want to give us her name, said Wauwatosa used to be very conservative and Republican but in recent years has been getting more liberal and diverse. “We welcome it,” she says. “Change is good.”

At the end of the row is a Kumon Math and Reading Center for local youth—a business whose purpose is to educate children. Every one of its street-facing windows was smashed on Wednesday night. Some of the window-smashing was caught on video and posted to Twitter, which is how Geisler and a bunch of other volunteers found out about it.

The manager and head instructor there is Wissam Kaddoura, 47, who emigrated to the United States from Lebanon and settled in the Milwaukee area 20 years ago. He isn’t going to let a mob stop his work: When we walk in he’s sweeping up broken glass outside his office, determined to open his classrooms that afternoon.

“These people just have hate inside them,” he laments. “Is this the way you solve problems? We’re barely making it with the lockdowns, and now this.”

Kaddoura’s Kumon center had been out of business thanks to the governor’s lockdowns for three months over the spring and summer. He lost half his students, and only now is beginning to rebuild. He employs a dozen people at the center, and his students are a diverse group from all over the metro area.

He doesn’t understand the mindset of the rioters: “I’d love to ask the people who did this what they hope to accomplish,” he says, then jokes, “I’m living the American dream—working and working, and now cleaning up glass!”

As we made our way toward the door to leave he stops us and lowers his voice. “I lived for 28 years in a refugee camp. I saw people die in the streets. So this broken glass is nothing to me. But the people who do this, I want to know what they’re thinking.”

“I love this country. America gave me everything — education, wealth, safety for my children. I don’t have to worry about anything. Broken glass is no problem. People are asking me if we’re going to close today — no, we have kids to teach.”

Lotta good people in that city. They don't deserve this. I'm wondering how many of the rioters were local; I'm guessing not many.

On the election day, get ready for the biggest riots we have seen as president Trump wins in a legendary landslide.

Biden will probably claim he won and the riots won't stop until his mob is handed power.

Further information on rioting in Wauwatosa:

.... hundreds of protesters first took to the freeway downtown and then made their way towards the scene of the shooting in Wauwatosa. When police in riot gear blocked their path, they turned onto North Avenue and began indiscriminately smashing windows. The police eventually deployed tear gas and pepper balls, the crowd lobbed bricks at the police, and at one point a group of rioters looted a gas station until the police arrived and the guilty scattered.

The next day dawned on a community in shock. Wauwatosa belongs to the relatively buttoned-up and prosperous Milwaukee suburbs. This isn’t Minneapolis or Chicago or Philadelphia: Riots and looting don’t happen here.

One corner of town with a stretch of locally owned shops and businesses was particularly hard hit. At just this one intersection, a half-dozen businesses sustained tens of thousands of dollars in damages as the mob passed by Wednesday night.

Colectivo Coffee only had four windows busted out, but an employee told us it represented at least $1,500 in replacement costs for the owners. He adds that neighbors and volunteers had generously showed up Thursday morning to help with cleanup, although not everyone’s motives are pure. One woman in a Black Lives Matter mask, he says, made a big show of sweeping up broken glass so long as the local news cameras were filming her, but dropped the broom and walked off as soon as the cameras panned away. “She didn’t even pick up the pile of glass she was sweeping.”

Across the street, a group of middle-aged guys are cutting plywood sheets and boarding up the shattered storefronts of a local pharmacy, a wallpaper and paint store, and a nail salon. None of them work at these places — they’re just here to lend a hand.

Andrew Geisler, a 42-year-old marketer from East Wauwatosa, tells us he’d been out for a run that morning and saw his buddy putting up plywood and decided he had to come over and help. He doesn’t resent peaceful protesters, but like a lot of his neighbors, he’s angry at those responsible for smashing windows.

“This just diminishes what the protests are about,” he says, adding that he’s afraid another mob will form tonight and over the weekend. Geisler and the others all reference the unrest in Kenosha. “Some of these people are just looking for trouble,” he says. “But this has been happening all over.”

A few doors down, the Swan U-Serve Pharmacy, an independently owned pharmacy that’s been open since 1972, is also getting boarded up. The owner, Randy Dawes, 65, tells us the single broken window out front will cost him about $1,400 — and that’s out of pocket because it’s a little less than his insurance deductible.

Dawes mentions it’s not just businesses — a 70-year-old woman who lives not far from the pharmacy was at home Wednesday night when someone in the mob tossed a brick through her window.

He employs about 20 people here, and they all know the neighborhood well. One employee, an older woman who didn’t want to give us her name, said Wauwatosa used to be very conservative and Republican but in recent years has been getting more liberal and diverse. “We welcome it,” she says. “Change is good.”

At the end of the row is a Kumon Math and Reading Center for local youth—a business whose purpose is to educate children. Every one of its street-facing windows was smashed on Wednesday night. Some of the window-smashing was caught on video and posted to Twitter, which is how Geisler and a bunch of other volunteers found out about it.

The manager and head instructor there is Wissam Kaddoura, 47, who emigrated to the United States from Lebanon and settled in the Milwaukee area 20 years ago. He isn’t going to let a mob stop his work: When we walk in he’s sweeping up broken glass outside his office, determined to open his classrooms that afternoon.

“These people just have hate inside them,” he laments. “Is this the way you solve problems? We’re barely making it with the lockdowns, and now this.”

Kaddoura’s Kumon center had been out of business thanks to the governor’s lockdowns for three months over the spring and summer. He lost half his students, and only now is beginning to rebuild. He employs a dozen people at the center, and his students are a diverse group from all over the metro area.

He doesn’t understand the mindset of the rioters: “I’d love to ask the people who did this what they hope to accomplish,” he says, then jokes, “I’m living the American dream—working and working, and now cleaning up glass!”

As we made our way toward the door to leave he stops us and lowers his voice. “I lived for 28 years in a refugee camp. I saw people die in the streets. So this broken glass is nothing to me. But the people who do this, I want to know what they’re thinking.”

“I love this country. America gave me everything — education, wealth, safety for my children. I don’t have to worry about anything. Broken glass is no problem. People are asking me if we’re going to close today — no, we have kids to teach.”

Lotta good people in that city. They don't deserve this. I'm wondering how many of the rioters were local; I'm guessing not many.
Depends, whats their black population?

Forum List

Back