No Repeal this year

Although the individual mandate expires 12/31/2018 there will be no full-out repeal of ACA this year. But I suspect individual states will pick up where the Feds left off for 2019 or 20 and pass individual mandates as most have in auto insurance.

ObamaCare repeal fades from GOP priorities list in new year
/----/ Bad analogy. Mandatory auto insurance is pure liability to cover other's property when you cause an accident. You are not mandated to carry fire, theft or collision on you own car unless you have an outstanding loan or lease a car. Those are mandated by the bank, not the Gubmint. If you don't own a car you don't have to have car insurance.

Although the individual mandate expires 12/31/2018 there will be no full-out repeal of ACA this year. But I suspect individual states will pick up where the Feds left off for 2019 or 20 and pass individual mandates as most have in auto insurance.

ObamaCare repeal fades from GOP priorities list in new year
/----/ Bad analogy. Mandatory auto insurance is pure liability to cover other's property when you cause an accident. You are not mandated to carry fire, theft or collision on you own car unless you have an outstanding loan or lease a car. Those are mandated by the bank, not the Gubmint. If you don't own a car you don't have to have car insurance.

You can argue/debate all you want it won't change the fact state government's way of doing things. dblack said below the insurance lobby in each state will get their way. I don't give two shits one way or another.

I don't give two shits one way or another.

Really? Your posting history suggests otherwise.

Now, tell me why at 70 years old I should give a shit one way another? I don't care if you have to pay a penalty and I don't care if you don't. Hasn't affected nor will it.

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it. But your posts often sound like regurgitations of insurance industry talking points. If you've worked in the industry a long time, I suppose you've just absorbed the ideas by proximity.

Forum List

Back