No Rebuttal from GOP

Mike Steel said Obama's proposals on Thursday "will rise or fall on their own merits," suggesting a GOP response was not needed.

That's all anyone could ask for. If Reps do this, good for them and Obama.

Mike Steel said Obama's proposals on Thursday "will rise or fall on their own merits," suggesting a GOP response was not needed.

That's all anyone could ask for. If Reps do this, good for them and Obama.

I agree, if they do nothing............they've said a lot. The speech is just another campaign speech. I hear he's gonna be talking down Congress, why should they feed his self imposed fear of losing in 2012???

They are no longer able to present a united front

Either that or they think that by affecting to ignore the president they can marginalize him in the mind of the electorate.

or they think they take the attack ammo away from the dems....you know "well we presented something but the reps shot it down so the bad economy is the reps fault not ours, please re-elect me"

There will be rebuttal, just not immediately.

Again, why to offer rebuttal on a speech that hasn't happen yet and almost no one knows what's in the speech?

He is your president.

The republicans can not muster enough consensus to pick one person to respond

On President's speech Thursday. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I say let them play football.

Pelosi Peeved Republicans Opt Out Of Rebuttal To Obama Speech | FoxNews.com

Yup.

You know the strategy with this right? No response by the reps means 2 things IMO

1) The dems can't claim the reps are trying to "fight against their job package" as they won't have a critical response to it
2) It puts the onus 100% on the president to ensure his plan will succeed.

I think in part it's so the last political face the angry football fans see before the big game is Obama's.

They don't want the fans anger stuck on them.

And if I'm right about that, I think they're smart! lol

Forum List

Back