No real evidence the UFOs are real ??

We have zero high resolution photos of any kind
. This should be easy as we have advanced satellites and billions of smart phones

We have zero evidence of any alien craft wreckage??

The sensors could have been faulty or off

I don’t know ?? We need real evidence

They're basically rolling with the UFO narrative in order to get the arms race rolling again. This time they're looking for full spectrum dominance from above the planet. Certainly imperialists and war profiteers are licking their chops as the whole UFO narrative will ikely render them the funding they need and the media will likely only have to run minimal interference for them in promoting the UFO gag.

I dunno how gullible they think people are, but it's clear what they're up to.
Funny conspiracy theory there, but since this UFO thing goes back to at least 1947, and more likely earlier, with some ebb and flow along the way, it's likely a bit more complex than your simple explanation would suggest. For one of many things, it's not just a USA thing, but global.

Aliens Might Already Be Watching Us​

A new star map reveals more than 2,000 stars, some with their own planets, that have a direct view of our planetary presence

The most famous UFO sightings in the world​

Does extraterrestrial life exist? It's a mystery that intrigues us all. Despite huge advances in technological know-how, we are still no closer to proving that we are not alone, and there's no concrete evidence to suggest otherwise. But around the world, UFO sightings are reported with alarming regularity. So, should we believe in events like the notorious Roswell case, or dismiss outright the notion that we are being visited by beings from another planet? Here is a list of the best-known cases of UFO sightings of recent times. Take a look and decide, is there something really out there? (@32 slides)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe more for another science thread, but also relates to this one.

This Is How Aliens Might Search for Human Life​

Does extraterrestrial life exist? It's a mystery that intrigues us all. Despite huge advances in technological know-how, we are still no closer to proving that we are not alone, and there's no concrete evidence to suggest otherwise. But around the world, UFO sightings are reported with alarming regularity. So, should we believe in events like the notorious Roswell case, or dismiss outright the notion that we are being visited by beings from another planet? Here is a list of the best-known cases of UFO sightings of recent times. Take a look and decide, is there something really out there? (@32 slides)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All well said, but you give too much significance to UFO sightings, which probably comprise a huge nothing burger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All well said, but you give too much significance to UFO sightings, which probably comprise a huge nothing burger.
From slide #10 and #11;

The Captain William Schaffner incident, North Sea​

On September 9, 1970 Royal Air Force pilot William Schaffner was flying over the North Sea when he spotted a strange object ahead of his plane, hovering over the water in the North Sea. He decided to investigate, but a few minutes later radio communication with Captain Schaffner's aircraft was lost.

The Captain William Schaffner incident, North Sea​

Schaffner's plane was later found ditched in the sea. Oddly, the canopy was closed and there was no trace of the pilot. This remains one of the most intriguing of cases involving a so-called UFO, and as The Telegraph reported at the time, there seems no answer as to what might have happened other than the RAF captain was practicing night time low altitude target training when his aircraft inexplicably crashed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few other classics included, such as Roswell and Arnold's sighting which started the current era ...

and as The Telegraph reported at the time, there seems no answer as to what might have happened other than the RAF captain was practicing night time low altitude target training when his aircraft inexplicably crashed.
A wee bit simpler of an explanation than aliens.
You missed this part ...
"Oddly, the canopy was closed and there was no trace of the pilot."

You missed this part ...
No I didn't. So what? Canopies can open and close, and bodies can disappear.

Hey... have you ever looked at a worldwide map of UFO sightings? Pretty damn hilarious.

Then best not waste your time here further ...
But wouldn't someone just saying the same thing over and over and over without providing a shred of good evidence be the one wasting his time?
You might be confusing evidence with proof. Also, our definitions of "good evidence" may not be in compliance.
Also, I readily admit that not all sightings are of non-terrestrial origin.
More intriguing are the sightings from centuries to millennia ago.

You missed this part ...
No I didn't. So what? Canopies can open and close, and bodies can disappear.

Hey... have you ever looked at a worldwide map of UFO sightings? Pretty damn hilarious.
Probably not the one you've looked at, so you might share. ;-)

Having grown up near the mountains where Arnold had his sighting back in 1947, I've had an interest and been researching for near 60 years now.

You might be confusing evidence with proof.
I understand what evidence is. And of alien visitors: you have exactly none. You think showing evidence that something is unexplained somehow is evidence of aliens. It isn't. So only one of us is confused about what evidence is, here. And saying it might be aliens raises more questions than it answers.

Probably not the one you've looked at, so you might share. ;-)
Let's just say it closely tracks first world countries with television and movie culture that includes aliens visiting earth.

Like, exactly tracks it. So yet another explanation emerges that is much simpler than alien visitation: lies, hallucinations, false memories, misinterpretation, the list goes on...

Been hearing something similar ever since Truman and the late 1940s ...

Barack Obama Admitted One Alien Secret He Can’t Talk About in Public​

EXCERPT:
Former President Barack Obama gave out an interesting detail on what the government knows.

“When it comes to aliens, there are some things I just can’t tell you on air,” Obama told James Corden during a recent episode of “The Late Late Show,” according to the New York Post.

Obama claimed that when he was elected as president, he wanted to learn whether the U.S. has secret labs.

“Look, the truth is that when I came into office, I asked. I was like, ‘All right, is there the lab somewhere where we’re keeping the alien specimens and spaceships?’ They did a little bit of research, and the answer was ‘No.’

“But what is true — and I’m actually being serious here — is that there’s footage and records of objects in the skies that we don’t know exactly what they are,” Obama further added, according to the same report.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thing is, Obama was way short on qualifications for higher security clearances before he was elected POTUS, and that election result only bumped him slightly up the ladder. FWIW, many other past POTUS, especially the Democrat ones, also failed the "need to know" standards.

FWIW, and a start on one of the aspects of this topic;

How Will Our Religions Handle the Discovery of Alien Life?​

Insight into what seven religions might think if we made contact with extraterrestrial life, and what they might do.

It's a lengthy read, and nearly two years old; but some interesting details here. And also the usual conflicting parts of the accounts. I may do excerpts later when I have more time.

The Witnesses​

What, exactly, did the Navy encounter over 15 years ago off the Southern California coast, when fighter pilots spotted a UFO? These men were there, too⁠—and it’s time they tell their side of the story.​

Forum List

Back