"No one remembers who comes in second." Donald Trump, 2013

The candidate didn't tweet about his second place finish on Monday night. But Kelly told her viewers about a tweet of his from June 2014 — an archived comment that went viral in the wake of his loss to Cruz.

His old tweet quoted the late pro golfer Walter Hagen, who once said, "No one remembers who came in second."

:uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

Donald who?

Who gives a shit about Iowa anyways?
Didnt that religious nutbag Huckabee win there a few years ago? How did that work out?

Didnt that religious nutbag Huckabee win there a few years ago? How did that work out?

Trump still wins the nomination. Iowa is an outlier.

sanatorium too

also everyone collects their share of votes and moves on in Iowa

As fate would have it, Romney was given the win in the 2012 Iowa caucus in error. 16 days later Santorum was awarded the win. By then, the damage had been done. Mitt went on to win the nomination.

Santorum finished 34 votes ahead of Romney in new Iowa tally; votes from 8 precincts missing

sanatorium too

also everyone collects their share of votes and moves on in Iowa

As fate would have it, Romney was given the win in the 2012 Iowa caucus in error. 16 days later Santorum was awarded the win. By then, the damage had been done. Mitt went on to win the nomination.

Santorum finished 34 votes ahead of Romney in new Iowa tally; votes from 8 precincts missing

neither one would have won

Lol, he's Number Two :poop:

I still think he is the favorite to win the nomination, but his coming in second did make a lot of people smile.:biggrin:
To me, last night indicated Trump won't win the nomination. His supporters talk big but don't show up to vote in the huge numbers the rallies would indicate. And if he can't win in an almost all white state, where will he win? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I was somewhat relieved.

I still think he is the favorite to win the nomination, but his coming in second did make a lot of people smile.:biggrin:
To me, last night indicated Trump won't win the nomination. His supporters talk big but don't show up to vote in the huge numbers the rallies would indicate. And if he can't win in an almost all white state, where will he win? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I was somewhat relieved.

too early to tell

if he lost New Hampshire

then i would agree

too early to tell

if he lost New Hampshire

then i would agree

As I said, you cannot judge the primaries with Iowa. The caucus is very much driven by the evangelistic vote. Trump is not fooling anyone. He is not religious in the least. I still think he is the person to beat for the GOP, but I agree, New Hampshire, will be the best indicator of how he will perform going forward.

too early to tell

if he lost New Hampshire

then i would agree

As I said, you cannot judge the primaries with Iowa. The caucus is very much driven by the evangelistic vote. Trump is not fooling anyone. He is not religious in the least. I still think he is the person to beat for the GOP, but I agree, New Hampshire, will be the best indicator of how he will perform going forward.

exactly it looks good for cruz now

but that might not be the case shortly

too early to tell

if he lost New Hampshire

then i would agree

No, I think Iowa was Cruz's best. NH is out with the slim possibility that SC could be good for him.

too early to tell

if he lost New Hampshire

then i would agree

No, I think Iowa was Cruz's best. NH is out with the slim possibility that SC could be good for him.

perhaps

I think last night proved that none of us should be predicting much based on the polls.

Forum List

Back