No one is going to take your guns

<snipped>

To that end, why not have a national system where law abiding citizens can go through a battery of permitting and vetting with the goal of safe and lawful use and carriage of firearms.

<snipped>

States' rights.

Correct....Let's look at this from a standpoint of cooperation. Rather than standing on ceremony.
And with that, I'm out.

<snipped>

To that end, why not have a national system where law abiding citizens can go through a battery of permitting and vetting with the goal of safe and lawful use and carriage of firearms.

<snipped>

States' rights.

Correct....Let's look at this from a standpoint of cooperation. Rather than standing on ceremony.
And with that, I'm out.

Cooperation sounds good. However, I don't foresee New York cooperating with Arizona on this matter any time soon. :dunno:

Jesus no one is confiscating anything. He can sell or move them to another place where once again it is not illegal. If he turns them in that is his choice. So is living in New Yorkistan.

No, I won't fucking move anything anywhere, 17 generations on this piece of dirt and I refuse to move anywhere, or give up any of my constitutional rights.

Sick and tired of this "if you don't like it move" bullshit. I haven't done anything wrong, why and the fuck should I give up anything, or be forced to move?

Well then quit bitching at me. Hold onto them then and good luck with that.

Jesus no one is confiscating anything. He can sell or move them to another place where once again it is not illegal. If he turns them in that is his choice. So is living in New Yorkistan.

No, I won't fucking move anything anywhere, 17 generations on this piece of dirt and I refuse to move anywhere, or give up any of my constitutional rights.

Sick and tired of this "if you don't like it move" bullshit. I haven't done anything wrong, why and the fuck should I give up anything, or be forced to move?

Well then quit bitching at me. Hold onto them then and good luck with that.

I never bitched at you, I just told to shove your "don't like it move" bullshit up your ass, No bitching involved.

Guns are no longer relevant for the original purpose they were intended for...FACT

would you mind explaining your "FACT" ?

AND.., what do you surmise the original purpose they were intended for is ?

IF i get a logical reply i'll be the most surprised person on this forum. :up:

oooooh !! BTW, if any liarberal cares to jump in on this, feeeeeel free to do so. OK ?

Common sense would tell us we all would know after receiving training, how to safely operate an automobile.
The credential would indicate to law enforcement that "yes i have a firearm. And I am trained in the safe usage of said firearm. So leave me alone!".
In fact the SCOTUS has upheld the Second Amendment in a case vs Wash DC in that the court ruled the Wash DC handgun ban was Unconstitutional. The Court ruled the ban was a violation of the 2nd and 14th Amendments.
Later, Chicago's ban was also overturned when a resident who used his gun in protecting his person and home from an intruder, was arrested and charged. The man subsequently sued the City. The case made it to the SCOTUS.

The core problem here is that driving is not a constitutional right. There are problems with defining rights in a way that allows them to be restricted based on an arbitrary governmental requirement. Would you support the same thing for the exercise of your religion? Your speech? Why then would you treat the second differently?

The only real push back here is in a compelling governmental interest – something that I highly doubt you can provide in this instance considering that there is no real evidence that this ‘training’ would actually accomplish anything of that magnitude. There are very few cases of ignorance of the gun owner in the weapons use being the reason that someone dies. Almost all the accidental deaths are from carelessness. Training does not solve carelessness. Further, most of them are from people that are very adept with there weapons. Being overly familiar tends to make people complacent.

Here's the rub. Gun ownership and the possession of guns is already restricted by a veritable hodgepodge of state and local laws. It's maddening.
For example. Here in NC one if permitted by authority may carry a loaded firearm in their vehicle. The gun must be in 'in plain view'. Cross the state line into SC and the same gun must be out of view in a glove box or compartment and is NOT permitted to be loaded.
In other states, one may carry a loaded weapon but in the case of semi-automatic weapons, there cannot be a round 'in the chamber'..
And in most cases, just because one may carry in one state does not mean they may do so in another. In fact it's damned likely it's prohibited by law..
Any further debate is pointless. We agree to disagree.
Thanks for the discussion.

It's maddening

with much less requirement

my CC permit is valid in your state

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto advised his fellow members of the Japanese Imperial General Staff that they could not hope to invade America because they "Would be met by a rifle behind every blade of grass". Thus advised, Japan made its war plans accordingly, planning assaults and invasions strategically at the perimeters of America's defensive line.
Comrade Barack is well aware of Admiral Yamamotos warning and knows full well in order to make the way safe for conquest by his Army of Muslim Holy Warriors he has to completely disarm America eliminating the possibility of his Muslim Holy Warriors meeting an American defending his country, his family, his freedom, his civilization, and his religion with a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Right to bear arms people like to quote Yamamoto on this but Japan didn't have the capability to launch a huge invasion of USA either from the air or sea. What muslim nation has an army, navy, or air force capable to invade us?

Also, Yamamoto never said this. Now, he was one of the guys who thought attacking America was a horrible idea, because we had a HUGE industrial capability. But he wasn't worried about Cleetus and Billy-Bob with their shotguns hiding behind an outhouse.

funny thing though

the law only targeted law abiding citizens

(those that obeyed the registration law originally)

the criminal who did not obey the law is content

in the knowing that the city does not know they

they have firearms

We should get rid of any laws that some people break?

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard on this forum.

How many criminals will this law disarm? And no, I'm not talking about criminals created solely by this asinine law. I'm talking about criminals from before this law.

Answer the question honestly. How many criminals will this law disarm?

How many criminals will this law disarm?

none

criminals are constitutionally exempt from registration requirements

We should get rid of any laws that some people break?

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard on this forum.

How many criminals will this law disarm? And no, I'm not talking about criminals created solely by this asinine law. I'm talking about criminals from before this law.

none

Again, most gun deaths are suicides, domestic arguments and accidents...

I mean, I know that you guys piss yourself at the thought of the scary black man you think is out there with a gun, but the fact is, if you are murdered, it will probably be by someone you know.

none

I mean, I know that you guys piss yourself at the thought of the scary black man you think is out there with a gun, but the fact is, if you are murdered, it will probably be by someone you know.
Please stop projecting your own racism on others.

none

Since police are not obligated to come to your aid, who will?

-Geaux

Guns are no longer relevant for the original purpose they were intended for...FACT

oooooh !! BTW, if any liarberal cares to jump in on this, feeeeeel free to do so. OK ?
Steve is another one of those Aussies and New Zealanders that think their thoughts regarding the Constitution of a country 10,000 miles away have any relevance.

To the NYPD and all the other gun grabbers out there...

Molon labe motherfuckers.

That is all.

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto advised his fellow members of the Japanese Imperial General Staff that they could not hope to invade America because they "Would be met by a rifle behind every blade of grass". Thus advised, Japan made its war plans accordingly, planning assaults and invasions strategically at the perimeters of America's defensive line.
Comrade Barack is well aware of Admiral Yamamotos warning and knows full well in order to make the way safe for conquest by his Army of Muslim Holy Warriors he has to completely disarm America eliminating the possibility of his Muslim Holy Warriors meeting an American defending his country, his family, his freedom, his civilization, and his religion with a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Right to bear arms people like to quote Yamamoto on this but Japan didn't have the capability to launch a huge invasion of USA either from the air or sea. What muslim nation has an army, navy, or air force capable to invade us?

Also, Yamamoto never said this. Now, he was one of the guys who thought attacking America was a horrible idea, because we had a HUGE industrial capability. But he wasn't worried about Cleetus and Billy-Bob with their shotguns hiding behind an outhouse.

The British weren't worried about them either.
Snipers in trees, or hidden in prepared blinds with a decent supply of ammunition will take out advancing enemy infantry at about 10:1.

none

Depends on how the categories are set up. While a very large percentage of gun murders are among people who know each other, gang associations and rivalries are usually included in that.
The truth is, nearly half of all gun deaths are gang related and more than half are committed by just 6% of the population.

none

Since police are not obligated to come to your aid, who will?

-Geaux
Indeed. and when they do finally show up...it's after the fact.

The comment is so retarded I wouldn't hold your breath.

If you like your gun, you can keep your gun. Period.

Forum List

Back