No nursing home for me-it is going to be an internment camp!

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I have no idea how this information-age techno-attack on free speech is going to end, but I know where I am probably headed. I first became aware that something was amiss back in the early 1990’s when a local bar I used to frequent with coworkers before going home was staffed by local college girls bartending and waiting tables.

I witnessed thirty years ago that language was changing. I noticed that the word “challenged” was being liberally used to describe all sorts of things. Mentally challenged, socially challenged, culturally challenged, educationally challenged-everyone and everything was suddenly “challenged” in some way. These kids that are now middle-aged were not being prepared to make their way in the world to be productive citizens, they were being groomed to think and act monolithically and robotically in the image of their idiosyncratic educators.

One slow day some of them, all college seniors, gathered near me and began going over some of their college coursework. They were discussing content that I had in the eighth grade! The hair on the back of my neck stood up like a startled cat, I got chills, and began to sweat profusely requiring another four beers to recover as I contemplated a bleak future. That future is here.

Now things are beginning to make sense. Dumbing down college educations so that people are barely able to read and write is the perfect mechanism to overthrow a democracy losing a population that actually knows what is going on. I quit the beer but the realization that language manipulation coupled with bad education is a doorway to thought control haunts me as an old man. I was drinking beer and throwing left hooks in beer joints when I should have been alerting citizens to a brain-damaging Orwellian takeover-for that I plead guilty.

As an aging white guy, I realize my time outside an internment camp is nearly up. AOC, who is not JFK, has graced social media with the college-English statement that people like me “have drank” the poison of white supremacy! If she means Bud Light, she is apparently correct.

Now old Joe Biden, who along with his wayward son Hunter, has been picking the money tree in China for years, is about to take the helm. I hope that internment camp has free cable TV.

I have no idea how this information-age techno-attack on free speech is going to end, but I know where I am probably headed. I first became aware that something was amiss back in the early 1990’s when a local bar I used to frequent with coworkers before going home was staffed by local college girls bartending and waiting tables.

I witnessed thirty years ago that language was changing. I noticed that the word “challenged” was being liberally used to describe all sorts of things. Mentally challenged, socially challenged, culturally challenged, educationally challenged-everyone and everything was suddenly “challenged” in some way. These kids that are now middle-aged were not being prepared to make their way in the world to be productive citizens, they were being groomed to think and act monolithically and robotically in the image of their idiosyncratic educators.

One slow day some of them, all college seniors, gathered near me and began going over some of their college coursework. They were discussing content that I had in the eighth grade! The hair on the back of my neck stood up like a startled cat, I got chills, and began to sweat profusely requiring another four beers to recover as I contemplated a bleak future. That future is here.

Now things are beginning to make sense. Dumbing down college educations so that people are barely able to read and write is the perfect mechanism to overthrow a democracy losing a population that actually knows what is going on. I quit the beer but the realization that language manipulation coupled with bad education is a doorway to thought control haunts me as an old man. I was drinking beer and throwing left hooks in beer joints when I should have been alerting citizens to a brain-damaging Orwellian takeover-for that I plead guilty.

As an aging white guy, I realize my time outside an internment camp is nearly up. AOC, who is not JFK, has graced social media with the college-English statement that people like me “have drank” the poison of white supremacy! If she means Bud Light, she is apparently correct.

Now old Joe Biden, who along with his wayward son Hunter, has been picking the money tree in China for years, is about to take the helm. I hope that internment camp has free cable TV.

Wait...you mean you'll make it to the internment camps?

Now everything is "free" (smoke free, lead free, static-cling free, stress free. Everything is now "free" except freedom.

The fresh air and sunshine will do you good, believe me those nursing homes stink worse that an unflushed mass army terlit from WWII..
Just join yer Trump budz and the fun never ends...

210113-capitol-riot-auschwitz-shirt-mn-1005_4852ea3a12ecab5754cd7899dd2299df.fit-320w.jpg

Excellent post and extremely relevant to current events. I see exactly where you're coming from. I am one generation down from yours, Ray and yet I can identify with your sentiments, similar to my own father's current sentiments, more than at any other point in my life.

I was fifteen when I enlisted in the US Army Delayed Entry Program. Twice a week for two years I went to my Army recruiter's office in a small local shopping center to learn basic military need-to-knows such as map reading, orienteering and radio operation and lingo.

I left for Army boot camp three days after graduating from high school at the ripe old age of seventeen. By age nineteen I was a ranger and airborne qualified combat engineer assigned to the 312th Military Intelligence Battalion on a small reconnaissance team deployed deep in Iraq. I was tasked with the responsibility for locating minefields, mapping them out, reporting their coordinates and disarming narrow lanes through them or blowing them in place. We were there to help enforce the No-Fly Zone and negotiating Saddam's decades of miles long intricately placed minefields was like feeling your way through the deadliest maze imaginable. I was just a kid from small town Pennsylvania with big dreams of being a civil engineer and using the military to that end for the college money.

For the life of me I just can't imagine many contemporary nineteen year old kids getting themselves and their recon team through those labyrinthine minefields. Older generations always bitch and moan about the worthlessness of newer ones but something fundamental has changed "this time" around with kids these days. Many of them lack some base gumption or grit as well basic common sense found in all previous generations. My guess it has to do with piss poor watered down education at all levels, as you suggest, but social media and smart devices and the information age combined have to be a main culprit.

Regardless of the carrot presented to me, dangled in front of my nose, I will not be led or thrown into a quarantine or work or concentration camp of any kind. As my father has been known to say recently, so will I repeat. If and when THEY come for me and mine I will take a few or more of them down with me. Who knows . . . maybe a few will be enough to convince the rest?

Excellent post and extremely relevant to current events. I see exactly where you're coming from. I am one generation down from yours, Ray and yet I can identify with your sentiments, similar to my own father's current sentiments, more than at any other point in my life.

I was fifteen when I enlisted in the US Army Delayed Entry Program. Twice a week for two years I went to my Army recruiter's office in a small local shopping center to learn basic military need-to-knows such as map reading, orienteering and radio operation and lingo.

I left for Army boot camp three days after graduating from high school at the ripe old age of seventeen. By age nineteen I was a ranger and airborne qualified combat engineer assigned to the 312th Military Intelligence Battalion on a small reconnaissance team deployed deep in Iraq. I was tasked with the responsibility for locating minefields, mapping them out, reporting their coordinates and disarming narrow lanes through them or blowing them in place. We were there to help enforce the No-Fly Zone and negotiating Saddam's decades of miles long intricately placed minefields was like feeling your way through the deadliest maze imaginable. I was just a kid from small town Pennsylvania with big dreams of being a civil engineer and using the military to that end for the college money.

For the life of me I just can't imagine many contemporary nineteen year old kids getting themselves and their recon team through those labyrinthine minefields. Older generations always bitch and moan about the worthlessness of newer ones but something fundamental has changed "this time" around with kids these days. Many of them lack some base gumption or grit as well basic common sense found in all previous generations. My guess it has to do with piss poor watered down education at all levels, as you suggest, but social media and smart devices and the information age combined have to be a main culprit.

Regardless of the carrot presented to me, dangled in front of my nose, I will not be led or thrown into a quarantine or work or concentration camp of any kind. As my father has been known to say recently, so will I repeat. If and when THEY come for me and mine I will take a few or more of them down with me. Who knows . . . maybe a few will be enough to convince the rest?
You sound like my brother who is on the faculty of a college in Florida. I am not saying which college because even though Bro is retiring in May, his pension could be in jeopardy in this wonderful and brave new world of Big Brother State. He enlisted and got great schooling from the military and was sent to Germany instead of Vietnam.

I passed the Army physical in 1966 with one eye so they kept me on bottom of the draft lottery as 1-Y instead of 1-A. I was unlikely to be drafted unless the Russians invaded Alaska or something like that. I was still in the system in 1971 when they notified me that my classification was changed to 4-F.

I was in the Guard for six years which was pretty much fun and games. Oddly my bad eye was not a big problem as I drove huge trucks loaded with all kinds of things including troops.

Forum List

Back