No Mow May

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good for the ole vertebrae.:omg:
1653156434648.png

You are confused.

The stupid Environmental Wackos are thrilled because the high cost of fuel. Just what they wanted and their idiot boy delivered.

Misguided. Not gonna happen.

Scything grass is HARD WORK! Did it for a couple of weeks as a kid earning money during the summer, but then quit when I figured out that the pay wasn't even close to the effort required (was only getting 50 cents/hour). Changing pipe in the fields paid way better, even though the work was almost as hard,

Did a human powered push mower for just a month one time, then figured out that a gas mower was way easier and bought one. Now that I've learned about riding mowers, I will never go back to a push mower of any kind.

I'm retired. Not doing that much complaining about gas prices. I even use non-ethanal gasoline in all outdoor power equipment. It is unlikely I will sacrifice my Zoysia to clover. This is the fast-growing season for Zoysia. Proper cutting encourages it to grow thick and literally choke out the trash grass, clover and other things that blew in, during the non growth cold months.

Great thing about Zoysia is that if you are in an area where it goes completely dormant, all you have to do is spray anything green with weedkiller and your yard will be weed free the next year. Our golf course has Bermuda fairways and greens. They dye the greens green in winter and spray roundup like mad in the fairways and roughs in winter.

Scything grass is HARD WORK! Did it for a couple of weeks as a kid earning money during the summer, but then quit when I figured out that the pay wasn't even close to the effort required (was only getting 50 cents/hour). Changing pipe in the fields paid way better, even though the work was almost as hard,

Did a human powered push mower for just a month one time, then figured out that a gas mower was way easier and bought one. Now that I've learned about riding mowers, I will never go back to a push mower of any kind.
I mowed several neighborhood lawns as a kid with a push mower before gas powered mowers were a thing. Work was hard, pay was terrible, but that's all there was for a kid back then.

I also shoveled their sidewalks in the winter. Same deal; hard work, terrible pay.

Great thing about Zoysia is that if you are in an area where it goes completely dormant, all you have to do is spray anything green with weedkiller and your yard will be weed free the next year. Our golf course has Bermuda fairways and greens. They dye the greens green in winter and spray roundup like mad in the fairways and roughs in winter.
I did not spray, so now dealing with it, without killing the lawn. It is looking a lot better and choking the crap. I screwed up, when I tilled and resod half, late last summer. This spring I had crap growing up between the sod joint, though I had tilled deep and raked out everything I saw. So much for the natural way.:mad:

I did not spray, so now dealing with it, without killing the lawn. It is looking a lot better and choking the crap. I screwed up, when I tilled and resod half, late last summer. This spring I had crap growing up between the sod joint, though I had tilled deep and raked out everything I saw. So much for the natural way.:mad:

My across the road 3 neighbors all have Zoysia. It is pretty when it is thick and lush. I do fescue blends and overseed the front every fall. I don't do chemicals in the yard so I need to fill in where the crabgrass or clover got a strong foothold in these fine southern summers. A good bit of the property around the house in heavily shaded and Zoysia just doesn't cut it there. Last year I did half and half rebel/k31 Will probably do that again this years and then mix in turf type tall fescue for a few years after that.

Potatohead is doing his part. His Environmental Wacko handlers are pleased.
Any chance one of you "handler" conspiracy dudes could name theses "controllers" of this shadow government theory (with some certainty) and what hold they might have over him, or is this just the continuing anti-Biden stuff?

Any chance one of you "handler" conspiracy dudes could name theses "controllers" of this shadow government theory (with some certainty) and what hold they might have over him, or is this just the continuing anti-Biden stuff?
Well we know that Potatohead's family was made filthy rich by the Chinese and that Potatohead's Environmental Wacko policies towards fossil fuels is devastating the US economy so maybe that could be a starting point.

The Chinese were thrilled when Trump lost and said so publicly. Their man was in the White House.

My across the road 3 neighbors all have Zoysia. It is pretty when it is thick and lush. I do fescue blends and overseed the front every fall. I don't do chemicals in the yard so I need to fill in where the crabgrass or clover got a strong foothold in these fine southern summers. A good bit of the property around the house in heavily shaded and Zoysia just doesn't cut it there. Last year I did half and half rebel/k31 Will probably do that again this years and then mix in turf type tall fescue for a few years after that.
There are Zoysia varieties more tolerant to shade than others, but most like you say, love the sun. The sod out back, I put in after the pool is great, I did the same way 4 years ago as I did the front last year, but it did not have ever develop the problems of this spring in front. All I have ever put on it is pellitized lime twice a year starting the spring after I put it down. It just never developed the trash grass infestation I saw this spring at the seams on the front. Have not fertilized or treated.
Knew it needed professional spray treatment, but didn't get it done. Whenever I would called supposedly local companies, I was automatically dumped to operators in Florida or Texas who wanted to analyze what my lawn needed and sign me up based on satellite views from before Giant Oaks were taken out in back and large Bradford pear in front, so they could not even see I had lawn. Finally they would get the message, this wasn't going to work from 800 miles away and all there of these work from home idiots give me local contact numbers to call, but when I called, these local contractors, they were out (doing somebody else yard) and I got dumped back into a national que for the national companies. So, I have been handling it the old-fashioned way of pulling it out while the Zosia has been thickening up and cutting at the 2-1/2 to 3 inch level. Sure enough, it is choking it out.

Well we know that Potatohead's family was made filthy rich by the Chinese and that Potatohead's Environmental Wacko policies towards fossil fuels is devastating the US economy so maybe that could be a starting point.

The Chinese were thrilled when Trump lost and said so publicly. Their man was in the White House.

So the vast majority of oil we have traditional gotten from private lands and of course there was no moratorium on what people did on private lands and the fact that we historically get and about 10 % from public leased lands, that we're still getting about 10% from it the government's fault. Right. Of course, they did shut down Keystone construction, but, keystone wasn't up and operating back when the oil companies were pumping like heck. It could all be Joe, but I really don't think the oil companies are in any hurry to put a glut on the market again, to they can produce more at a lower return on investment, when they are making record historic profits.
That Hunter is a piece of work, without a doubt, Nobody traced anything to Joe, so I don't see him in Xi's pocket.

So the vast majority of oil we have traditional gotten from private lands and of course there was no moratorium on what people did on private lands and the fact that we historically get and about 10 % from public leased lands, that we're still getting about 10% from it the government's fault. Right. Of course, they did shut down Keystone construction, but, keystone wasn't up and operating back when the oil companies were pumping like heck. It could all be Joe, but I really don't think the oil companies are in any hurry to put a glut on the market again, to they can produce more at a lower return on investment, when they are making record historic profits.
That Hunter is a piece of work, without a doubt, Nobody traced anything to Joe, so I don't see him in Xi's pocket.

Under Trump the US was a net exporter of oil and the price was low.

Potatohead ran on a platform to do away with fossil fuel and now the price is astronomical.

He did what he said he was going to do. He made fossil fuel too expensive for Americans to afford.

The Environmental Wackos are happy. Just what they wanted and Potatohead delivered. Printing up all those fradulent ballots ahead of time paid off.

Under Trump the US was a net exporter of oil and the price was low.

Potatohead ran on a platform to do away with fossil fuel and now the price is astronomical.

He did what he said he was going to do. He made fossil fuel too expensive for Americans to afford.

The Environmental Wackos are happy. Just what they wanted and Potatohead delivered. Printing up all those fradulent ballots ahead of time paid off.
It has gone up around the world, not just here and while we were one of the largest exporters while trump was in office we remained the world's largest importer, that processed and shipped back out around the world. This still seems like the oil companies to me, kind of like the world shortage forced by the middles east oil cartels during the Carter years. I don't think Joe has control of the oil companies. I think the oil companies have him be the short hairs, like the cartels had Jimmy.

I figured it up, in a mowing season I'll go through about 8-10 gallons of gas and mix. I bought the gas needed last month so it will be under $25.00 for this season because I had 5-gallons of left-over snow blower gas and plenty of mix.

Now when I replace that to run my snow blowers given the price increase by then I'll spend around $40.00 but it might carry me into next Spring's mowing season if we have a mild winter.

Meh, not much of a much in the grand scheme of things.

It has gone up around the world, not just here and while we were one of the largest exporters while trump was in office we remained the world's largest importer, that processed and shipped back out around the world. This still seems like the oil companies to me, kind of like the world shortage forced by the middles east oil cartels during the Carter years. I don't think Joe has control of the oil companies. I think the oil companies have him be the short hairs, like the cartels had Jimmy.
Don't be on denial.

Potatohead did exactly what he said he was going to do because of the Environmental Wacko agenda and now we are all paying the price for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back