No more adoption from Russia....I say "GOOD"

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Russia suspends all adoptions to US families - Yahoo! News

I have known of 2 seperate families in our area that had adopted children from Russia and they had similar experiences. The children were obviously traumatized prior to being adopted because they acted out in horrible ways. One family placed the child in a temporary institution for evaluation after he set fire to the dog house in the backyard. He had covered the opening with a board and nailed it closed with the dog inside.

The other family lived across the street from us and the two boys that they had adopted were verbally and physically abusive to our kids and other kids on our street. But they had also made threats of violence to their babysitter.

It would seem that there is something very wrong with the orphanages in Russia. So, I'm not so sure that this story is a bad thing. There are plenty of adoptable children here in our country. We just need to get the financial side of it to where more who want to adopt can afford to.

I don't blame the Russians at all. Their children are not pets

This is teh way it has to be, after the USA let that bitch off scott free after she abandoned her child.
If anyone abandoned this boy, it was his natural mother and the Russian Authorities. The boy lived with her natural mother for 6 years. For a reason unknown to us, he was somehow put into an orphanage in Russia and adopted out to an American for 6 months. The boy is where he should be. In Russia with people speaking Russian, his language, and being treated in the Russian System. Poor Ms Hensen got caught in the System. Taking every precaution such as the Grandmother accompied the boy to DC, paid for Airline Supervision and put him on the plane to Russia, paid a licensed guide to pick the boy up and take him to the Russian medical authorites. I certainly would not be putting my self in a position of interacting with the Authorities on their soil and not American soil.

This is teh way it has to be, after the USA let that bitch off scott free after she abandoned her child.
If anyone abandoned this boy, it was his natural mother and the Russian Authorities. The boy lived with her natural mother for 6 years. For a reason unknown to us, he was somehow put into an orphanage in Russia and adopted out to an American for 6 months. The boy is where he should be. In Russia with people speaking Russian, his language, and being treated in the Russian System. Poor Ms Hensen got caught in the System. Taking every precaution such as the Grandmother accompied the boy to DC, paid for Airline Supervision and put him on the plane to Russia, paid a licensed guide to pick the boy up and take him to the Russian medical authorites. I certainly would not be putting my self in a position of interacting with the Authorities on their soil and not American soil.

Amazing how you can always find some simp to make excuses for the inexcusable.

Oops, as always, calling names ends the discussion due to failure of name calling poster to advance the debate.

Oops, as always, calling names ends the discussion due to failure of name calling poster to advance the debate.

There is no debate son.

Only a moron would excuse what that woman did.

If anyone abandoned this boy, it was his natural mother and the Russian Authorities. The boy lived with her natural mother for 6 years. For a reason unknown to us, he was somehow put into an orphanage in Russia and adopted out to an American for 6 months. The boy is where he should be. In Russia with people speaking Russian, his language, and being treated in the Russian System. Poor Ms Hensen got caught in the System. Taking every precaution such as the Grandmother accompied the boy to DC, paid for Supervision and put him on the plane to Russia, paid a licensed guide to pick the boy up and take him to the Russian medical authorites. I certainly would not be putting my self in a position of interacting with the Authorities on their soil and not American soil.

Spoken like someone who's never had to deal with a troubled child.

There is no debate son.

I'm not a moron and I excuse her. She couldn't deal with the child, she sent him back and she did it right. The kid was never alone. She paid extra for him to be watched on the plane, she paid to have someone pick him up at the airport. The only thing she did wrong was pin the note to him. That was inexcusable. The rest I understand.

Our current cat came from the animal shelter. We observed the kitten for a while and quickly had a vet check her out after adopting. We are talking a child here. It seems a large number of people have to accept some responsibility. Even aspirin comes with a list of potential problems.

Cuba sent us their criminals more than once. Sending a problem child to the US is not that far fetched. I reserve opinon until the information is revealed.

There is no debate son.

I'm not a moron and I excuse her. She couldn't deal with the child, she sent him back and she did it right. The kid was never alone. She paid extra for him to be watched on the plane, she paid to have someone pick him up at the airport. The only thing she did wrong was pin the note to him. That was inexcusable. The rest I understand.
Bullshit.

Did she take him to ANYONE near her to find out if there was something wrong?

No?

Why not.

Stop making excuses for the inexcusable.

Who cares as long as they keep sending us their women to marry.

russian_woman.jpg

I heard a program on the sickening conditions of Russian orphanages yesterday. It is no wonder the children are often in such awful mental states.

I don't see why this is a win...not allowing adoptions.

There is no debate son.

Bullshit.

Did she take him to ANYONE near her to find out if there was something wrong?

No?

Why not.

Stop making excuses for the inexcusable.

I didn't see anything in the article to say what she did or didn't do before putting him on the plane, did you?

Forum List

Back