No Knock Warrants

Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?
There is absolutely no need for armed men with weapons masks and body armor to be storming into anyone's home at 3 AM.

Seriously if that happened to you what would you do. I know what would happen if it was my house. The storm troopers would smash my door down and my dogs would go nuts so then the storm troopers would kill my dogs and I would be unloading with my shotgun.

So yes ending no knock warrants would most likely result in less death.
Similar here. If they break in, coming to the wrong address and Kill my German Shepard protecting and alerting us inside the house, that would definitely take violent offense at such an intrusion, I would probably empty the shotgun and a magazine or two from the Walther PPQ, not caring if they thought they had a right to attack in the middle of the night, just as if they shot any other family member in my home. No better way to go, than protecting your home and family.

Where do rights begin and end? There are people in the law enforcement/corrections/judicial fiefdom who deserve pure agony in dying. With their families. There are people who are civilians who contaminate others in all ways and affect them who deserve the same. Somewhere the abuses come from one side or the other. Leaving innocent people the ones affected.

Where do rights begin and end? There are people in the law enforcement/corrections/judicial fiefdom who deserve pure agony in dying. With their families. There are people who are civilians who contaminate others in all ways and affect them who deserve the same. Somewhere the abuses come from one side or the other. Leaving innocent people the ones affected.
The use of no knock warrants have increased from 3000 in in1981 to over 50,000 in 2005. The primarily used today is to serve warrants for people who are suspected of drug crimes. Police just knock the door down and before the suspect knows what happening, a cop is serving a warrant or arresting him. Fast and easy, well most of time but too often it's a wrong address, or the suspect thinks he's being robbed and pulls a gun. I don't think there use should be entirely banned but their use should be sharply curtailed. There maybe certain situation that arise in which the element of surprise helps save lives of both police and the occupants.

No knock warrants came out the Nixon Admiration. It wasn't something that police chiefs and sheriffs were asking for. It was the brainchild of a 28-year-old Senate staffer who became a campaign aide. The idea was to show how tough we were on crime and drugs by letting cops kick down doors without announcing themselves first. Successful raids stopping huge drug distributions using no knock warrants found their way into the news and then it started appearing in cop shows on TV. Before long if you didn't routinely knock a few doors down with guns drawn, you were soft on crime. In the 1980's, President Reagan reinforced and expanded many of Nixon's War on Drugs policies and with it no knock warrants became common place. Funny thing is very few people were concerned that they were a gross violation of the 4th amendment. Apparently the police weren't killing that many innocent people then but as these warrants increased from hundreds to thousands to ten of thousands, it was inevitable that police would make mistakes.

My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?

Yes. Both police and home owners, and their children and the dogs and the kittens.

Try a no knock here at my home. Even in the service they gave us a "wake up period" if we were awoken, 30 seconds or something like that and YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS during that time.

Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?
Definitely. You can just nab the perp in a public area. If someone kicks in my door at night, guess what, they’re going to collect lead.

I can support No Knock warrants but only under strict circumstances.

We DEFINITELY need criminal justice reform but this bullshit that BLM and antifa are doing is not the path to that goal.

The problem is nothing else has worked. When cops are caught doing something wrong. We are told they have a tough job. We have to understand. When a cop commits outright crimes. It was one bad apple. Nobody asks why the cops who were there didn’t get punished. They wrote reports too and their reports were full of lies. When the DOJ investigates we are told that the Democrats are to blame for bad police departments. When it is a Republican. We are told that the criminals need to stop being criminal.

Police Supporters will consider no reform other than giving the cops even more authority and leeway. In Orange County California. Republican Stronghold. There were 1,100 Deputies of the Sheriffs department who were lying on reports regularly. They picked a token two to punish and the cops excuse? They didn’t know they were not allowed to lie on reports.

When people push for any reform we are told that our choice is anarchy or corrupt police.

For decades people have tried talking. Discussing. Debating. And the cops and their supporters would have none of it. The criminals needed to stop being criminals. Then the cops would stop being abusive crooks too.

So now we have unrest. Oh that is not the way to get reform. It isn’t? How would you suggest we get Reform? We tried discussions. We tried logic. We tried examples of abuse as proof. We got nowhere. And you wonder why the people are outraged and furious?

I can support No Knock warrants but only under strict circumstances.

We DEFINITELY need criminal justice reform but this bullshit that BLM and antifa are doing is not the path to that goal.
BLM is an ideological and political action group. There agenda is simply to call attention to black mistreatment by the police. There is no specific national goal. Unlike Antifa they have a national headquarters, collect tax deductible contributions and have both paid employees and volunteer workers.

Antifa which is short for "anti-fascist" is the name for loosely affiliated, left-leaning, anti-racist groups that monitor and track the activities of local neo-Nazis. The movement has no unified structure or national leadership, no funding source but has emerged in the form of local bodies nationwide, particularly on the West Coast. Since they are not organize groups, any legal action must be against individuals, not Antifa. There is little coordination between groups, no headquarters, membership rolls, or funding source. There agenda seems to be exposing members of white supremist groups, maintaining a presence on social media and showing up at demonstrations and protest where racist groups are present.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back