No Knock Warrants

I think no knock warrants should re restricted....they really should only be used if you know they have any army. So like a mob boss or cartel kingpin, I could see them, but regular folks, you shouldn't use them
Regular folks don't have the police show up with a warrant.
I'm talking about run of the mill criminals.......no knock warrants are so the criminal can't react to the police......the idea is good, but for small time stuff, it's risk outweighs it's reward......But if you suprise a cartel kingpin, then they may save lives.....it's nuanced position......
Define: "run of the mill criminals."
Criminals that are not rich.....so unless you're high level in some organized crime syndicate/cartel......then you are run of the mill

I think no knock warrants should re restricted....they really should only be used if you know they have any army. So like a mob boss or cartel kingpin, I could see them, but regular folks, you shouldn't use them
They do these days.
Chief: Tennessee officers broke down door of innocent family
Family frightened as Texas officers break into wrong home to serve warrant
A Father Defends His Daughter with a Shotgun When Cops Break Into the Wrong House
Police officers break down door, raid wrong house in Chicago

Actually is has been killing people for years.
Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House
L E B A N O N, Tenn. -- A 61-year-old man was shot to death by
police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug
raid on the wrong house.
Cops Break Into Wrong Home, Shoot Innocent Homeowner, Kill His Dog, Then Shoot Each Other

It can happen to you.., tonight..., It's a real thing.

I "no knock" warrant isn't a warrant at all. It is a perversion of the Constitution and an attempt to subvert the 4th Amendment.

{

Amendment 4
- Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

}

I don't give a shit if it makes it harder for cops, the rights of the people must be protected from abuse.
Get a warrant, announce who you are and what your purpose is.
Face facts; You don't "give a shit" about cops safety.

They do these days.
A Father Defends His Daughter with a Shotgun When Cops Break Into the Wrong House

raid on the wrong house.
Cops Break Into Wrong Home, Shoot Innocent Homeowner, Kill His Dog, Then Shoot Each Other

IT is, there was an arrest warrant for a person that had the same name as my mom (middle initials were different), but they did show up at our house and the only time i've seen my dad shaken, they did the loud pound on the door......yeah it is a bit frightening, but we told them, my mom knew of the other person since she working databases in politics and they went an arrested the other person..... this was in the mid 2000's so it can happen.

IT's why with no knock warrants, you shouldn't use them unless you are targeting someone with a lot of guards or an army, hence the cartel and mob stuff......you don't need to surprise a 2 bit street dealer.

They do these days.

raid on the wrong house.

And all five residences had connections to the bad guy. I don't let criminals in my home which is why Limbaugh isn't welcome.

They do these days.

raid on the wrong house.

And all five residences had connections to the bad guy. I don't let criminals in my home which is why Limbaugh isn't welcome.
WEll mine didnt....so it can happen to anyone, and where in the fuck does Limbaugh come in? Just a stupid cheap shot I assume. But you fuckers voted for killers like Ted Bundy and klansmen like Byrd, so lets stop with the moralizing you fuck.

I "no knock" warrant isn't a warrant at all. It is a perversion of the Constitution and an attempt to subvert the 4th Amendment.

{

Amendment 4

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

}

I don't give a shit if it makes it harder for cops, the rights of the people must be protected from abuse.

Sure I do. Conducting an armed raid on an unsuspecting person's house is the most dangerous thing a cop can do.

Follow the Constitution, it'll go better for everyone.

{

Amendment 4

}

Much safer for the cops to take down criminal when he goes to by a 6 pack and some smokes, or carrying in groceries from the car. You do not know what people (criminals and non-criminals) have in their house or apartment or where innocents are in a dwelling at any given time.

They do these days.

raid on the wrong house.

BS. Which one?

They do these days.

raid on the wrong house.

IT is, there was an arrest warrant for a person that had the same name as my mom (middle initials were different), but they did show up at our house and the only time i've seen my dad shaken, they did the loud pound on the door......yeah it is a bit frightening, but we told them, my mom knew of the other person since she working databases in politics and they went an arrested the other person..... this was in the mid 2000's so it can happen.

IT's why with no knock warrants, you shouldn't use them unless you are targeting someone with a lot of guards or an army, hence the cartel and mob stuff......you don't need to surprise a 2 bit street dealer.
I can kill you in one second with my Glock. Go ahead and ring the bell.....I dare you.

They do these days.

raid on the wrong house.

BS. Which one?
All of them.

They do these days.

raid on the wrong house.

I can kill you in one second with my Glock. Go ahead and ring the bell.....I dare you.
You shoot people when they ring your doorbell? What city? I want to see your body count.

Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?
they should only be used when theres an overwhelmingly known danger of resistance,,,

And three seconds is too much of a risk? Nonsense.
3 seconds of what???

A knock warrant follows this format. A loud bang on the door. Shouted Police Officer. Search warrant. And a three second pause before taking the door and entering. Supposedly while shouting Police Search Warrant. Three second delay. Too much. Too risky?

{

Amendment 4

}

Where does it say the cops safety is more important than the fourth amendment?

Across the country legislatures, police departments and even congress are looking at banning No Knock Warrants. There seems to be very little support for them with the exception of the cop who has to stand at the door announcing the warrant and waiting to get his head blown off. My question is will eliminating No Knock Warrants save lives?
they should only be used when theres an overwhelmingly known danger of resistance,,,

And three seconds is too much of a risk? Nonsense.
3 seconds of what???

A knock warrant follows this format. A loud bang on the door. Shouted Police Officer. Search warrant. And a three second pause before taking the door and entering. Supposedly while shouting Police Search Warrant. Three second delay. Too much. Too risky?
Again unless it's a guy protected by guards, then no, it's not too risky.

They do these days.

raid on the wrong house.

I'm not sure the point of this, if it's mockery, I dont see it

{

Amendment 4

}

Much safer for the cops to take down criminal when he goes to by a 6 pack and some smokes, or carrying in groceries from the car. You do not know what people (criminals and non-criminals) have in their house or apartment or where innocents are in a dwelling at any given time.
A vehicle pursuit or a shot-out at a convenience store is much safer. IDIOT!

{

Amendment 4

}

A vehicle pursuit or a shot-out at a convenience store is much safer. IDIOT!
They have to come out of their house sooner or later. A stake out is just good use of tax dollars. Might even find out you are at the wrong house and go get the bad guy.

{

Amendment 4

}

Where does it say the cops safety is more important than the fourth amendment?
Cops have a warrant. No 4th issue.

Forum List

Back