What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Democrats declared in 2022 Wyoming Congress race?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are missing an opportunity to possibly pick up a seat this fall in the western mountain region.

If Liz Cheney gets the GOP nomination, there will be plenty of disrespected Little Trumpsters looking for someone to vote for.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Reaction score
Wyoming will go Republican regardless

It leaves open the opportunity for Liz Cheney to run as an independent if she is defeated in the primary

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Liz Cheney win in Wyoming? Not a chance. Not a scintilla of a chance.

OP
P

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wyoming will go Republican regardless

It leaves open the opportunity for Liz Cheney to run as an independent if she is defeated in the primary

I'm talking if Cheney wins the primary- the D's could appeal to disgruntled Republicans.

And of course if Cheney loses the primary, she could reach across the aisle to the D's and endorse the Democrat candidate.

I don't think that running as a 3rd party would be that effective as it would make her look like a sore loser. And it wouldn't help the D's, and they would be missing a chance to gain a seat.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Reaction score
I'm talking if Cheney wins the primary- the D's could appeal to disgruntled Republicans.

And of course if Cheney loses the primary, she could reach across the aisle to the D's and endorse the Democrat candidate.

I don't think that running as a 3rd party would be that effective as it would make her look like a sore loser. And it wouldn't help the D's, and they would be missing a chance to gain a seat.
I think Dems are willing to tolerate Liz Cheney over a MAGA a candidate

If Cheney wins the primary, mission accomplished
If she loses, it leaves open an independent slot where Dems can throw their support to Cheney along with whatever Republicans still support her

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cheney is a stealth Democrat, which is the only way they can hold this seat.

two_iron

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current poll in WY:

cheney -> .000000017%
pile of cow shit in a pasture south of Casper: -> 98%
undecided -> 2%

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$240.00
Goal
$350.00