No Country for Old Age

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
As a 71 year old I can attest to a lot of what this is about- and no, I'm not complaining, just explaining what I see with regularity- the results are not for me to worry about but the younger people will have to live with the decisions they make today- all of them, just as people my age have to. Our society doesn't respect age- and maybe we've not earned it, but, until that is illustrated individually, the broad brush of blaming somebody else will paint an ever broader swath-

When it comes to old age, illness, and death, little remains to us of common meaning or shared social rituals.

Why do you think our society doesn't respect age? It seems to me that certain aspects of our culture are just harder to pull off at an advanced age.

Why did I think of this guy when I read the title? :laughing0301:

tumblr_m7ohgzEsPo1rvn6njo1_500.gif

• Banned
Yeap...I don't know why he is crying in his Metamucil. His generation PROPERLY fucked the rest of us.

One thing I've always done is advocate reading before reacting- Our society doesn't respect age- and maybe we've not earned it, but, until that is illustrated individually, the broad brush of blaming somebody else will paint an ever broader swath-

But, please don't let facts stand in the way of your need to illustrate your ignorance in public.

• Banned
Why do you think our society doesn't respect age? It seems to me that certain aspects of our culture are just harder to pull off at an advanced age.

Can you be more specific?

I don't just think, I know, our society doesn't respect age- I am one of the ones not respected and I am very observant of my surroundings- but, like I said, I'm not complaining, just explaining- younger people will have to live with their choices just like people my age have had to and those who came before me had to- our society has relegated old age to a nuisance status because people don't have the time to worry with it- did the chicken come before the egg? That's hard to say, but, the fact remains if you don't show respect you can't earn respect and if you can't earn respect you can't have self respect- without self respect you can't show respect- to my knowledge, the people I've shown a lack of respect to are few and far between- so somewhere, someone dropped the ball.

Yeap...I don't know why he is crying in his Metamucil. His generation PROPERLY fucked the rest of us.

One thing I've always done is advocate reading before reacting- Our society doesn't respect age- and maybe we've not earned it, but, until that is illustrated individually, the broad brush of blaming somebody else will paint an ever broader swath-

But, please don't let facts stand in the way of your need to illustrate your ignorance in public.
Those two are (metaphorically) typical trailer trash who want to blame everyone but themselves for their own and the country's problems.

Those two are (metaphorically) typical trailer trash who want to blame everyone but themselves for their own and the country's problems.
You boomers can continue to deny your evil ways but time will correctly judge you.

Can you be more specific?

I don't just think, I know, our society doesn't respect age- I am one of the ones not respected and I am very observant of my surroundings- but, like I said, I'm not complaining, just explaining- younger people will have to live with their choices just like people my age have had to and those who came before me had to- our society has relegated old age to a nuisance status because people don't have the time to worry with it- did the chicken come before the egg? That's hard to say, but, the fact remains if you don't show respect you can't earn respect and if you can't earn respect you can't have self respect- without self respect you can't show respect- to my knowledge, the people I've shown a lack of respect to are few and far between- so somewhere, someone dropped the ball.

Our society respects old age according to the values applied to all ages.

You boomers can continue to deny your evil ways but time will correctly judge you.
I don't deny my evil ways, they're just not what you think they are...... :lol:

A 55 year old senior citizen can get a free soft drink at "Country Cookin" on wednesdays. Who sez they have no respect for senior citizens?

A 55 year old senior citizen can get a free soft drink at "Country Cookin" on wednesdays. Who sez they have no respect for senior citizens?
Yeah. The free drink goes with bought cholesterol=sat fat-corn semen and the hope they die so the idiots "serving" can move up to a real job for %40 of the old timers wage(or less).

Yeah. The free drink goes with bought cholesterol=sat fat-corn semen and the hope they die so the idiots "serving" can move up to a real job for %40 of the old timers wage(or less).
Sat fat-corn semen? What the hell is that? Do they serve it to non seniors too?

Why do you think our society doesn't respect age?

Jmho Unkotare, we have a serious words/actions disconnect

Seriously, i spent 3 decades in a career turning old folks in soylent green

I know how the 'system' rolls , i was the eyes/ears for all that are prey on seniors

~S~

Why do you think our society doesn't respect age?

Jmho Unkotare, we have a serious words/actions disconnect

Seriously, i spent 3 decades in a career turning old folks in soylent green

I know how the 'system' rolls , i was the eyes/ears for all that are prey on seniors

~S~

"Prey on" how exactly? And in what way does that reflect a cultural norm?

Great movie. I love that last scene where Tommy Lee Jones is sitting with his wife at the breakfast table, losing it.

I found the movie disturbing. There was no resolution as to whether Chigurh ever got caught.

He could still be out there somewhere, with his pneumatic cow-killing air gun. Even walking up your driveway right now.

:eek-52:

Great movie. I love that last scene where Tommy Lee Jones is sitting with his wife at the breakfast table, losing it.

I found the movie disturbing. There was no resolution as to whether Chigurh ever got caught.

He could still be out there somewhere, with his pneumatic cow-killing air gun. Even walking up your driveway right now.

:eek-52:
Perhaps he is and maybe he isn't.

Heads or tails?

New Topics

Forum List

Back