No confidence in government.

It feels like there’s no way out.
There is always a way out.
1600739113508.png

People who claim to have no confidence in government two months before the election are usually hard core democrats who have no confidence in their candidate but won't admit it.

Of course, right, it’s the evil other political party ruining your country. Your own party is totally blameless. This is exactly the kind of mental rot I’m talking about.
I believe you should give my post some consideration. You named what was wrong I pointed out they were controlled by leftists
Do you not wish to have an open discussion?
The military’s problems aren’t related to politics. I can tell you that as an actual service member. And politically speaking it has only a slight slant depending on what branch of the military you’re talking about. The government has a very sizeable conservative minority (if not an outright majority), and the judicial branch is technically majority conservative. Furthermore, may I remind you that ultimately, laws don’t usually pass unless they have some level of approval from both parties. Your professional politics team, whichever one it is, probably voted in favor of our middle eastern wars, probably votes to give themselves pay raises, and probably at one point or another supported the infringement of people’s rights.
you ignored everything else and focused specifically on the military portion of your equation why?
Allowing gays in the military would be a political issue and a leftist agenda position would it not?
Nevertheless, leftists control the education system the media and the government
THEREFORE LEFTISTS ARE YOUR PROBLEM FIX IT.

I believe you should give my post some consideration. You named what was wrong I pointed out they were controlled by leftists
I do- show us who is different. Show us what exactly the "right" has done to secure liberty against the dastardly lefty- show us actual policy difference, not rhetoric. BOTH sides support and subscribe to the same crap- voters desires are just fodder for divisiveness- there ain't a dimes worth of difference in policy.
SHOW YOU WHAT THAT LEFTISTS ARE THE BIG PROBLEM IN THIS BITCH SESSION THREAD?

It just seems like the poor get poorer no matter who’s in charge

False assumption. The poor in the first world are much better off than the middle class of the third world.

Compared to the American poor of less than 100 years ago, American poor of today are living a much better lifestyle in terms of personal possessions, access to medical treatment, and education.

f5ec4283f32c240283eacc80ea251d6c7a229f31.jpg

There is a reason that obesity, once considered to be a sign of affluence, is now endemic to our poorest communities.

You are looking at things the wrong way. Government isn't the solution, it's largely the problem. The Federal government was designed to be weak and poor with most power vested in the states. That way you have multiple, sometimes as many as fifty, solutions to any problem rather than one, one-size-fits-all solution dictated to all states. The less money and power the Federal Government has, the smaller the messes it creates are.

Yup. When the Constitution was written the Founders wanted the States to have the power. Not the Federal Government.

The 2nd amendment isn't is there to stop an invading army, its in there so the people can protect themselves against a tyrannical Government.

Am I the only one who feels this way? It seems like no matter which candidate or which party it is, things just get worse and worse for every day people. It feels like there’s no way out.
It's the system under which they operate, a system that gives most of the power to the Jihadis on the ends of the spectrum. The loudest voices get the attention, the politicians who best "play to the base" get the most wins.

Unfortunately, too many Americans just don't give a shit. They can tell you who won "Dancing with the Stars" last week, but this topic is just too boring for them.

Self inflicted wound.

Am I the only one who feels this way? It seems like no matter which candidate or which party it is, things just get worse and worse for every day people. It feels like there’s no way out.

Exactly how the political class want you to feel. Vote Trump and piss them off.

Your first mistake is thinking politicians can make your life better. They can’t, and wouldn’t if they could. The only politician that can help is the one that will shrink this ever growing cancer that is federal government. Voting for people promising to give you something just makes it worse.
Yeah, but the government isn’t gonna shrink itself. Last time someone tried weakening the federal government was in 1860. The federal government got 600,000 Americans killed to preserve its throne.
Which is why we need a Constitutional convention.

Nope. A CC is a license to rewrite how they want. Say goodbye to the Bill of Rights.

Have you ever thought that candidates get worse and worse is because that people are getting worse and worse?

Where do you think these politicians come from?

The come from American families, American schools and universities and American society,

The people get the politicians they deserve.

Isn't about time we as a people elevate ourselves so as to get the better leaders we say we deserve?

In my opinion, the "way out" will occur sometime in the next century, when Americans decide {in a harmonious manner) to divide up the country.

I think that it is quite obvious that the American "experiment" has failed.

Of course, right, it’s the evil other political party ruining your country. Your own party is totally blameless. This is exactly the kind of mental rot I’m talking about.
The military’s problems aren’t related to politics. I can tell you that as an actual service member. And politically speaking it has only a slight slant depending on what branch of the military you’re talking about. The government has a very sizeable conservative minority (if not an outright majority), and the judicial branch is technically majority conservative. Furthermore, may I remind you that ultimately, laws don’t usually pass unless they have some level of approval from both parties. Your professional politics team, whichever one it is, probably voted in favor of our middle eastern wars, probably votes to give themselves pay raises, and probably at one point or another supported the infringement of people’s rights.
you ignored everything else and focused specifically on the military portion of your equation why?
Allowing gays in the military would be a political issue and a leftist agenda position would it not?
Nevertheless, leftists control the education system the media and the government
THEREFORE LEFTISTS ARE YOUR PROBLEM FIX IT.
Reread my post. Also, just because they can join the military, doesn’t mean they do in large numbers. Again, I’m speaking from some experience. These people could previously join, they just weren’t allowed to be openly gay. If anything, it seems like you ignored most of my post.

Exactly how the political class want you to feel. Vote Trump and piss them off.

I already did. He passed a bump stock ban, continued our practice of fighting Israel’s wars for it, and hasn’t really done very much to undo the damage the ruling class has done. I simply don’t think we’re gonna vote our way out of this mess.

SHOW YOU WHAT THAT LEFTISTS ARE THE BIG PROBLEM IN THIS BITCH SESSION THREAD?
All caps proves nothing, nor do they cite in answer to the question/statement I made. Try again- all caps is not anymore convincing-

Your first mistake is thinking politicians can make your life better. They can’t, and wouldn’t if they could. The only politician that can help is the one that will shrink this ever growing cancer that is federal government. Voting for people promising to give you something just makes it worse.
Yeah, but the government isn’t gonna shrink itself. Last time someone tried weakening the federal government was in 1860. The federal government got 600,000 Americans killed to preserve its throne.
The Article V movement might be our best hope.

Article V in the Constitution allows states to amend the Constitution in case the Federal government became too corrupt/powerful.

We are there.

Around 15 states have joined and we need at least a 2/3 majority of states to join. It has never been done before, but at no time in history has it been needed like it is now.

We're definitely there but I wouldnt trust anyone living today to amend the constitution. I'd be more inclined to allow states to start seceding.

It just seems like the poor get poorer no matter who’s in charge

False assumption. The poor in the first world are much better off than the middle class of the third world.

Compared to the American poor of less than 100 years ago, American poor of today are living a much better lifestyle in terms of personal possessions, access to medical treatment, and education.

View attachment 391615

There is a reason that obesity, once considered to be a sign of affluence, is now endemic to our poorest communities.
A good point, however much of that can be chalked up to technological advances. Some technologies we have today outright didn’t exist. People today still can’t really afford healthcare. Education wise? I’m really not sure, so I won’t speak on that.

Forum List

Back