No Climate Change, Huh?

No Climate Change, Huh?​

Never!! Which is why there is a mile of ice on top of my property in Chicago.
Ya sure, no big deal then.

Wait, the climate does change?
The glacier on top of Chicago is gone? Damn!!!

Lots of Indians driving lots of SUV......and how!!!
How's Germany doing with your climate change denial?

Besides paying triple what we pay for electricity?
What’s all the climate change flooding going to cost?

How much cooler will the Earth be in 2080.......because Germany pays triple?
How much money will governments all over the world spend dealing with your denial?

Looks like the Germans are paying a lot more than we are for electricity.
Is their spending going to save the world or not?

You would think that conservatives would tire of being on the wrong side of the issues pretty much all of the time. Apparently not. But hey, we're all fallible humans, right? But seemingly, even fallible humans can learn from their mistakes. Except for conservatives, that is.

No, conservatives will likely be denying climate change 50-100 years from now when coastal America is flooded, and we have wildfires in the dead of winter with low temperatures of only about 75 degrees, and our crops are all failing due to a lack of rain and too much heat, and people are trying to recycle their urine at home in an effort to have enough drinking water. My guess is no one will even listen to conservatives at that point, assuming that anyone is crazy enough to admit to being one.

At any rate, everyone is familiar with the concept of the double whammy, right? That's when two bad things happen that might very well be related in some way. Well, this qualifies except that it's more than just a DOUBLE whammy.

Yeah, not only are we losing sources of drinking water and water to irrigate our crops (I don't know about you, but I've gotten used to eating), but if the reservoir falls only another 60 feet during the West's current record heat wave days before summer has even arrived, CA will lose hydropower generation at this reservoir that would normally power hundreds of thousands of homes during the height of the summer heat which is also the peak of the wildfire season. Good times!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A California reservoir is expected to fall so low that a hydro-power plant will shut down for first time​

View attachment 502683

Water in a key California reservoir will fall so low this summer that its hydroelectric power plant will be forced to shut down for the first time, officials said Thursday, straining the state's already-taxed electric grid.

An unrelenting drought and record heat, both worsened by the changing climate, have pushed the water supply at Northern California's Lake Oroville to deplete rapidly. As a result of the "alarming levels," officials will likely be forced to close the Edward Hyatt Power Plant for the first time since it opened in 1967, California Energy Commission spokesperson Lindsay Buckley told CNN.

The water in Lake Oroville — the state's second largest reservoir — is pumped through underground facilities to generate electricity, which can power up to 800,000 homes when operating at full capacity.

While the water level in the reservoir is currently hovering around 700 feet above sea level, if it continues to fall at the currently projected rate to 640 feet there will not be enough water to continue operating the Hyatt plant in two to three months, coinciding with the typical peak of the summer heat and wildfire season.

"If lake levels fall below those elevations later this summer, DWR will, for the first time, cease generation at the Hyatt power plant due to lack of sufficient water to turn the plant's electrical generation turbines," said Liza Whitmore, Public Information Officer of DWR's Oroville Field Division.

The announcement came as California Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a statewide heat wave emergency Thursday, with record setting temperatures and increased electricity use adding pressure to the grid.

"Amid a major heat wave that is stressing energy grids in states across the western United States, Governor Gavin Newsom today signed an emergency proclamation to free up additional energy capacity," Newsom's office said in a press release.

The governor's declaration, citing "extreme peril" to the safety residents due to the heat wave, suspends permitting requirements to allow the immediate use of back-up power generators to help alleviate stress on the state's energy grid.
California energy grid officials have called on residents to reduce power through Friday, especially during the evenings when electricity use is at its peak. Scaling back on using power during this peak time of the day will help avoid unneeded rolling power outages and damaged power lines, state officials previously said.

Because climate didn't exist until the Industrial Revolution, of course.... :rolleyes:
This is your idea of 'helping the situation', amirite? This is the quote I can rely upon. Thanks.

No Climate Change, Huh?​

How much money will governments all over the world spend dealing with your denial?

Does reducing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere help or hurt climate change?

No Climate Change, Huh?​

Help? Hurt?

Sounds like you're anthropomorphizing climate change.

No Climate Change, Huh?​

Help? Hurt?

Sounds like you're anthropomorphizing climate change.
Nope, just basing my statement on the relationship between CO2 and Temerature.

Instead of relying on a political belief.

No Climate Change, Huh?​

Nope. My climate is just fine where I'm at. Just as it was last year and five years ago and 30 years before that! Maybe if California got rid of 50 million people or so and stopped sucking up all the electricity and drinking water, your climate might be better too. It's NORMAL for it to be hot and dry out west especially during certain cyclic seasons.
Exactly who in their right mind thinks today’s global climate is optimum when the most prolific period for life was when palm trees were growing in Alaska.
When Florida and the East coast is underwater.
Well, Obama bought a mansion on the beach, he knows it’s bullshit too.
And FYI, the ocean still hasn’t risen yet.
It's rising all the time.
Yes, and it falls when the tide goes out.

I wish I still had a copy of the photos that showed a sea wall in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia taken in 1920 and 2020. The high water mark is plainly visible on the wall in both photos. After 100 years, the pictures were virtually identical. No change occurred in sea surface level in 100 years.

You would think that conservatives would tire of being on the wrong side of the issues pretty much all of the time.
I have two questions.

No one denies the climate changes, it has done that over the earth's history, and will continue to do so. So for example, the Sahara desert used to be a rainforest, as so did Antarctica. So who changed the climate for one to become a desert and one to be covered in ice and snow?

My second question is, in the Ordovician period, co2 ppm hit some 8,000ppm. Today, tree huggers are screaming that it's the end of the world getting to 450ish ppm. So why didn't the earth die at 8,000ppm?

Can you explain please.

Nope, just basing my statement on the relationship between CO2 and Temerature.

What's the relationship between Germany overpaying for electricity and temperature (or CO2)?

How much lower will CO2 be in 2080.......because Germany pays triple?

You would think that conservatives would tire of being on the wrong side of the issues pretty much all of the time. Apparently not. But hey, we're all fallible humans, right? But seemingly, even fallible humans can learn from their mistakes. Except for conservatives, that is.

No, conservatives will likely be denying climate change 50-100 years from now when coastal America is flooded, and we have wildfires in the dead of winter with low temperatures of only about 75 degrees, and our crops are all failing due to a lack of rain and too much heat, and people are trying to recycle their urine at home in an effort to have enough drinking water. My guess is no one will even listen to conservatives at that point, assuming that anyone is crazy enough to admit to being one.

At any rate, everyone is familiar with the concept of the double whammy, right? That's when two bad things happen that might very well be related in some way. Well, this qualifies except that it's more than just a DOUBLE whammy.

Yeah, not only are we losing sources of drinking water and water to irrigate our crops (I don't know about you, but I've gotten used to eating), but if the reservoir falls only another 60 feet during the West's current record heat wave days before summer has even arrived, CA will lose hydropower generation at this reservoir that would normally power hundreds of thousands of homes during the height of the summer heat which is also the peak of the wildfire season. Good times!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A California reservoir is expected to fall so low that a hydro-power plant will shut down for first time​

View attachment 502683

Water in a key California reservoir will fall so low this summer that its hydroelectric power plant will be forced to shut down for the first time, officials said Thursday, straining the state's already-taxed electric grid.

An unrelenting drought and record heat, both worsened by the changing climate, have pushed the water supply at Northern California's Lake Oroville to deplete rapidly. As a result of the "alarming levels," officials will likely be forced to close the Edward Hyatt Power Plant for the first time since it opened in 1967, California Energy Commission spokesperson Lindsay Buckley told CNN.

The water in Lake Oroville — the state's second largest reservoir — is pumped through underground facilities to generate electricity, which can power up to 800,000 homes when operating at full capacity.

While the water level in the reservoir is currently hovering around 700 feet above sea level, if it continues to fall at the currently projected rate to 640 feet there will not be enough water to continue operating the Hyatt plant in two to three months, coinciding with the typical peak of the summer heat and wildfire season.

"If lake levels fall below those elevations later this summer, DWR will, for the first time, cease generation at the Hyatt power plant due to lack of sufficient water to turn the plant's electrical generation turbines," said Liza Whitmore, Public Information Officer of DWR's Oroville Field Division.

The announcement came as California Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a statewide heat wave emergency Thursday, with record setting temperatures and increased electricity use adding pressure to the grid.

"Amid a major heat wave that is stressing energy grids in states across the western United States, Governor Gavin Newsom today signed an emergency proclamation to free up additional energy capacity," Newsom's office said in a press release.

The governor's declaration, citing "extreme peril" to the safety residents due to the heat wave, suspends permitting requirements to allow the immediate use of back-up power generators to help alleviate stress on the state's energy grid.
California energy grid officials have called on residents to reduce power through Friday, especially during the evenings when electricity use is at its peak. Scaling back on using power during this peak time of the day will help avoid unneeded rolling power outages and damaged power lines, state officials previously said.

Barak believes in it so much he bought a House on the beach.
The individual human life is comparatively short when compared to geologic time. Anyone could buy a beach front property and probably sell it for a profit in ten years after enjoying it every year of that time. Personally, you probably wouldn't want to be holding that deed 75 years from now, especially if the sea had reclaimed the land.
All evidence is that in 75 years it will still be dry as a bone.

The recent heat waves in the western US is areas that have been traditionally so cool in the summers that many, if not most people, didn't have AC was a rude awakening to some people.

However, that "rude awakening" was dwarfed when a temperature of 121 degrees Fahrenheit was reached in the village of Lytton, BC which is 60 miles north of Vancouver.

The all-time high of 121 degrees set in British Columbia on Tuesday has left weather and climate experts all over the world shocked, speechless and deeply concerned about the future of the planet.

The scorching temperature set in the village of Lytton obliterated Canada’s previous national temperature record, established before this week’s heat wave, by 8 degrees.

It broke Canada's all-time heat record of 113 on three straight days, soaring to 116 on Sunday, 118 on Monday and finally 121 on Tuesday. Before this siege, it had stood since 1937.

“To break a national heat record by more than 8F over three days … words fail,” tweeted Bob Henson, a meteorologist and freelance journalist.

Claire Martin, a meteorologist for Environment Canada, the country’s weather and climate agency, expressed the same sentiment upon learning the news: “Words fail me.”

I think that people may now be considering something that heretofore was previously unthinkable. It's this: What if certain areas of the world that are currently heavily populated become functionally unsustainable for continued human habitation?
How long before we are told the equipment malfunctioned?

No Climate Change, Huh?​

Nope. My climate is just fine where I'm at. Just as it was last year and five years ago and 30 years before that! Maybe if California got rid of 50 million people or so and stopped sucking up all the electricity and drinking water, your climate might be better too. It's NORMAL for it to be hot and dry out west especially during certain cyclic seasons.
Exactly who in their right mind thinks today’s global climate is optimum when the most prolific period for life was when palm trees were growing in Alaska.
When Florida and the East coast is underwater.
Well, Obama bought a mansion on the beach, he knows it’s bullshit too.
And FYI, the ocean still hasn’t risen yet.
It's rising all the time.

I wish I still had a copy of the photos that showed a sea wall in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia taken in 1920 and 2020. The high water mark is plainly visible on the wall in both photos. After 100 years, the pictures were virtually identical. No change occurred in sea surface level in 100 years.
Even better is Plymouth Rock. It is unknown if Plymouth Rock was the exact location the Pilgrams landed at, but we do know from documents it has been sitting on the edge of the water since 1715.
1626559329561.jpeg

Fail.

I have two questions.

No one denies the climate changes, it has done that over the earth's history, and will continue to do so. So for example, the Sahara desert used to be a rainforest, as so did Antarctica. So who changed the climate for one to become a desert and one to be covered in ice and snow?

My second question is, in the Ordovician period, co2 ppm hit some 8,000ppm. Today, tree huggers are screaming that it's the end of the world getting to 450ish ppm. So why didn't the earth die at 8,000ppm?

Can you explain please.
Ever hear of the phase "mass extinction of species".

Conservatives are funny...but not in a funny way. They make it clear that they're not impressed by scientific consensus. Of course, that's when they trot out some scientist with clearly questionable, of not dubious, credentials, who's more than willing to say exactly what they want to hear. Then they all jump on his bandwagon as if he's a man with credibility like no other peer.

Just as likely, conservatives love to embrace contrary anecdotal evidence like a snow storm or a cold snap to say, "See, there's no global warming and climate change is just a scam!"

Well, here's some anecdotal evidence that should scare everyone. The northern city of Portland Oregon, which has a long history of cool summer temperatures, had a record-breaking high temp of 108 degrees yesterday, and it's not even July or August yet.

What does this portend for southern cities like Houston, or Dallas, or Phoenix?

Now you worry about WEATHER......

:abgg2q.jpg:

New Topics

Forum List

Back