No charges filed against armed anti-protester defending himself against BLM

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
A counter-protester who pulled a gun during an altercation at a Black Lives Matter protestin Tallahassee, Fla., Saturday evening “was lawfully defending himself” and will not face criminal charges, according to the police department.

The Tallahassee Police Department made the announcement Sunday after reviewing a video from the incident from several sources and other evidence with the State Attorney’s Office.

About 150 Black Lives Matter protesters gathered in front of the Florida Historic Capitol Saturday and blocked traffic by Monroe Street and Apalachee Parkway, the Tallahassee Democrat reported. The protest was organized with “no advance notice to or coordination with TPD to ensure safety,” the police department said in a statement.

“During the protest, a white male entered the crowd and began documenting the protest. That individual was pushed from behind by a white protester, which led to a physical altercation between the individual and several other white males,” Tallahassee Police said. “During the altercation, the individual was knocked to the ground. He got back to his feet and brandished a gun. TPD officers quickly engaged, took the individual into custody, and peacefully dispersed the crowd. There were no reported injuries.

This is the difference between states that side with victims and states that side with criminals. In anti-America states, people are stopped at protests, pulled out of their car, and get beaten the hell out of because the criminals are assured he or she won't be able to do a damn thing about it.

Good for the Tallahassee police department for not caving, and keep up the good work.

That Clay county sheriff is awesome!
Idk what county Tallahassee is, but FL ain't playin' that!

If he needed to fire that weapon, I'm sure the media would be blaming it on the President and too lenient gun laws in Florida. Thank goodness our state is the same way. Yeah, we had riots here in Cleveland too, but no innocents getting attacked because like this gentleman, we are legally allowed to use deadly force against attackers.

Flo-ri-da!
Adam Ferguson, who identified himself as the man at whom the counter-protester pointed the gun, said the man instigated the fight when he shoved a female protester. When another protester shoved him back, the counter-protester threw a punch that hit Ferguson's girlfriend.

Flo-ri-da!
Adam Ferguson, who identified himself as the man at whom the counter-protester pointed the gun, said the man instigated the fight when he shoved a female protester. When another protester shoved him back, the counter-protester threw a punch that hit Ferguson's girlfriend.

Really? So why didn't anybody get it on phone video and why did she not have him arrested for assault?

Oh, is that what all the people in Florida do now? Or do they just shoot and ask questions later?

Oh, is that what all the people in Florida do now? Or do they just shoot and ask questions later?

What they do is defend themselves from attackers just like my state. The only plus in Florida is they have a Stand Your Ground law which our state has been tossing around since the Travon Martin killing.

I love how these protestors act as though they're so badass, and then scream like children "AHHH HE'S GOT A GUN!!", as if someone carrying a gun in the great state of Florida is some sort of fuckin' surprise. They started the physical altercation and, when it became clear to the victim that he would have to fight off many, he exercised his Constitutional rights and sent them scurrying like the little chickenshits they are...

What they do is defend themselves from attackers just like my state. The only plus in Florida is they have a Stand Your Ground law which our state has been tossing around since the Travon Martin killing.

The issue with Florida's stand your ground law is that it's too open and vague. It literally says you can shoot someone if you "feel" threatened. There doesn't need to be an actual threat.

This is the difference between self defense and SYG. One requires proof of an actual threat, and one doesn't.

In anti-America states, people are stopped at protests, pulled out of their car, and get beaten the hell out of because the criminals are assured he or she won't be able to do a damn thing about it.
Really? So why didn't anybody get it on phone video
"anti-America states" -- Oh, you poor victim! If regular citizens can't threaten each other in public with deadly force at the drop of a hat, how can they possibly feel free?

The issue with Florida's stand your ground law is that it's too open and vague. It literally says you can shoot someone if you "feel" threatened. There doesn't need to be an actual threat.

This is the difference between self defense and SYG. One requires proof of an actual threat, and one doesn't.

All stand your ground means is that you don't have to retreat from somebody accosting you. Our SYG law was passed and went into effect this past May, so now we have it too. Prior to that, I was disabled from using deadly force if I didn't leave a heated situation. It does not give anybody the right to shoot a person for any reason. What that means is if some other motorist gave me the finger, I'd just have to let it go. Now I can give him the finger right back, and if he gets out of his car to try and harm me, I can still use my firearm for self-defense. That's all it means. If I shot somebody attacking me because I gave them the finger back a few months ago, I could be held on murder charges. No more.

Now......what you're talking about are CCW laws in general whether there is SYG or not. The law reads that a licensed carrier is legally allowed to use deadly force if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. There is no legal definition of what serious bodily harm means. Also it would be difficult for any judge or jury to determine what I believed at the time when I used deadly force. It's ambiguous for a reason. It gives the shooter uncertainty if he or she can use deadly force in any given situation. If I have to use my firearm for self-defense, I'm going to make sure it's well within the law for me to do so, as with most any other carrier.

Male Karens spotted in Ohio:
The incident then turns into a shootout, with men pulling out guns and firing at individuals beyond the range of cameras.
Video from the outside of the bar shows two men firing weapons into the establishment through a door.
Police found seventeen shell casings on the floor at the bar, and the front door was riddled with bullet holes.
Deputy Police Chief Don Kenney said the fight apparently began when a bar employee asked a man who was trying to sell cannabis to leave.

"anti-America states" -- Oh, you poor victim! If regular citizens can't threaten each other in public with deadly force at the drop of a hat, how can they possibly feel free?

Hey, it works. We hosted the Republican National Convention when Trump was elected. We were promised blood and destruction from people coming from all over the country. It never happened. Not one person pulled out of their car and harmed. You see in my state, our Castle Doctrine extends to our vehicle if you are a licensed carrier. Trying to break into my car is no different than trying to break into my home. I have the legal right to use deadly force. You can't do that in commie states, so when mayhem takes place, the criminals have the upper-hand against the victim.

I love how these protestors act as though they're so badass, and then scream like children "AHHH HE'S GOT A GUN!!", as if someone carrying a gun in the great state of Florida is some sort of fuckin' surprise. They started the physical altercation and, when it became clear to the victim that he would have to fight off many, he exercised his Constitutional rights and sent them scurrying like the little chickenshits they are...

The only way to slow down or stop criminal activity is with a strong enough deterrent. Death is the strongest deterrent we have.

All stand your ground means is that you don't have to retreat from somebody accosting you. Our SYG law was passed and went into effect this past May, so now we have it too. Prior to that, I was disabled from using deadly force if I didn't leave a heated situation. It does not give anybody the right to shoot a person for any reason. What that means is if some other motorist gave me the finger, I'd just have to let it go. Now I can give him the finger right back, and if he gets out of his car to try and harm me, I can still use my firearm for self-defense. That's all it means. If I shot somebody attacking me because I gave them the finger back a few months ago, I could be held on murder charges. No more.

Now......what you're talking about are CCW laws in general whether there is SYG or not. The law reads that a licensed carrier is legally allowed to use deadly force if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. There is no legal definition of what serious bodily harm means. Also it would be difficult for any judge or jury to determine what I believed at the time when I used deadly force. It's ambiguous for a reason. It gives the shooter uncertainty if he or she can use deadly force in any given situation. If I have to use my firearm for self-defense, I'm going to make sure it's well within the law for me to do so, as with most any other carrier.
Florida's law only requires you to feel threatened and not actually be attacked

Florida's law only requires you to feel threatened and not actually be attacked

You need to read the laws better. In order to use deadly force, you have to prove you were in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. Look at the George Zimmerman case. He was beaten half to death before he used deadly force and they still charged him with murder. He was found not guilty of course, but he was charged.

A counter-protester who pulled a gun during an altercation at a Black Lives Matter protestin Tallahassee, Fla., Saturday evening “was lawfully defending himself” and will not face criminal charges, according to the police department.

The Tallahassee Police Department made the announcement Sunday after reviewing a video from the incident from several sources and other evidence with the State Attorney’s Office.

About 150 Black Lives Matter protesters gathered in front of the Florida Historic Capitol Saturday and blocked traffic by Monroe Street and Apalachee Parkway, the Tallahassee Democrat reported. The protest was organized with “no advance notice to or coordination with TPD to ensure safety,” the police department said in a statement.

“During the protest, a white male entered the crowd and began documenting the protest. That individual was pushed from behind by a white protester, which led to a physical altercation between the individual and several other white males,” Tallahassee Police said. “During the altercation, the individual was knocked to the ground. He got back to his feet and brandished a gun. TPD officers quickly engaged, took the individual into custody, and peacefully dispersed the crowd. There were no reported injuries.

This is the difference between states that side with victims and states that side with criminals. In anti-America states, people are stopped at protests, pulled out of their car, and get beaten the hell out of because the criminals are assured he or she won't be able to do a damn thing about it.

Good for the Tallahassee police department for not caving, and keep up the good work.

Hell Yeah!

I have been waiting for one of these Marxist foreign/Democrat-supported domestic terrorists to attack some conservative only to be get shot by a CCP gun-toting citizen defending themselves.

It seems that is the only thing that would end their preying on innocent Americans.

This is a great start.

As it is, violent, assaulting, criminal BLM dupes who get arrested are bailed out quickly by Democrats, like the VP.

Hell Yeah!

I have been waiting for one of these Marxist foreign/Democrat-supported domestic terrorists to attack some conservative only to be get shot by a CCP gun-toting citizen defending themselves.

It seems that is the only thing that would end their preying on innocent Americans.

This is a great start.

As it is, violent, assaulting, criminal BLM dupes who get arrested are bailed out quickly by Democrats, like the VP.

They love violence until they get into a state where the violence can turn on them, and the law supporting it. I don't know, but I'm guessing the troublemakers were not from Florida and from some commie state where they get away with this kind of shit all the time. That doesn't happen in American states like Florida and mine. The law is on our side--not the criminals.

Forum List

Back