No Cake for You

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
If your sole purpose is to destroy a business instead of giving them business, then you are taking place in militant activism. You are purposefully targeting someone in order to expose and destroy them because of a difference in beliefs. You have crossed the line from holding a mere opinion to using that opinion to inflict damage on other individuals. I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one moment those two ladies had any intention of buying a cake. The law is clear, but the intent was not commercial. Those two women, in fact, were repeat customers there and knowing full well the beliefs of the proprietor(s). But suddenly out of the blue they ask them to bake a cake for a same sex wedding. To me, that is the definition of "ulterior motive."

Every business owner has their own beliefs, their own convictions, and suddenly they have to sacrifice them just to run a business in compliance with the law, and yes, sacrifices must be made. But here's the catch: that's wrong. There is something woefully wrong. Yes, the law is important, and rules are rules; don't misunderstand me here.

But if you have to sacrifice something sacred to you in order to succeed in business and appease the rule of law, then this is justice run amok. I agree, business is business, and money is money and rightly so; but as someone who admires the law, the law also isn't perfect. There are good laws, and not so well thought out ones. Though, until the law changes, people must obey it. To be succinct, however, obedience should not come at the price of your own morals and convictions.

Call me a homophobe, a bigot, ignorant, stupid, misguided or whatever you like, but that is my observation on this topic. I don't hate gay people, but I don't like the ones who would force other people to accept their lifestyle. I mean, if the act of forcing your religious beliefs on others is wrong, just imagine how they feel when the same is done to them! Behavior like such is only self serving and only widens the chasm between supporters and opposition. It breeds more hatred than understanding. If respect and acceptance is the goal, then one must strive to show it also. The double edged sword sitting next to me would agree.

No Icing on the Cake for Christian Business Owners Who Refused to Bake for Lesbian Couple

The left are the new morality police, and they will use any government force available to either force you to accept their morals, or beat you into the ground so hard you are unable to resist their dogma.

Call me a homophobe, a bigot, ignorant, stupid, misguided or whatever you like, but that is my observation on this topic.I don't hate gay people, but I don't like the ones who would force other people to accept their lifestyle. I mean, if the act of forcing your religious beliefs on others is wrong, just imagine how they feel when the same is done to them! Behavior like such is only self serving and only widens the chasm between supporters and opposition. It breeds more hatred than understanding. If respect and acceptance is the goal, then one must strive to show it also. The double edged sword sitting next to me would agree.

So says Junior who would indeed force his lifestyle and religion on others.

No kidding. This is incredibly ignorant and hypocritical, even for Junior.

IMO, all groups of people should have equal protection under the law. Further, businesses should not forced to serve one group but be allowed to discriminate against another.

The left are the new morality police, and they will use any government force available to either force you to accept their morals, or beat you into the ground so hard you are unable to resist their dogma.

The radical right are the ones wanting enormous and invasive government forcing certain groups to conform to their religious (sharia) law.

If you do not conform to their very narrow and unconstitutional laws, they will "beat you into the ground so hard you are unable to resist their dogma".

If you could, you people would put cameras in people's bedrooms.

The radical right are the ones wanting enormous and invasive government forcing certain groups to conform to their religious (sharia) law.

If you do not conform to their very narrow and unconstitutional laws, they will "beat you into the ground so hard you are unable to resist their dogma".

If you could, you people would put cameras in people's bedrooms.

Tu Quo Que is never an applicable tactic in a debate, unless you are targeting a specific hypocrisy.

Please indicate where I specifically want cameras in people's bedrooms.

In fact, it is the LEFT which is getting involved in people's sex lives again, examples of which can be found in the sudden rise of shrill yammering at colleges over trying to make regrettable consensual sexual encounters into assaults.

I don't see much of those moral majority people around, they were beaten a long time ago at the federal level. Its progressives that have turned into the moral busybodies.

If you are a repeat customer, who else would you go to for your wedding cake?

What an idiotic OP.

The Hall I booked for my wedding is providing the cake. We were considering our local baker, but the cake was included in the cost, so we went for the hall cake.

Look folks..... Let me run this by you for the 100th+ time....

scumbags like dimocrap filth have been around in one form or another since the beginning of time.

And they are no threat to me, you or anyone else.

"Then how are they able to tell us what to do and gain immense power?" you ask.

Simple, the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM is their water carrier.

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM decides which storries to run, which stories to emphasize, where to put them -- Section A, Page 1, top of the fold or Section D, Lifestyles buried under an ad for FDS.

It matters.

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM is who's behind all this. ALL of it. Every last bit of it.

dimocrap scum? They're idiots. I mean, drool cup carrying morons.

But every time one of them gets caught lying or fucking up (or both), the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM comes to their rescue by either burying the news or, more likely, just flat-out lying about it.

If you don't know that, it's way, way past time you did.

Now, you may ask, "What can I do about it?"

Simple. Drop out. Tune out Network Channels. They don't get on the TV in my House. unless it's a Football Game. It just doesn't happen. No way.

And then you may say, "What about the all the cable channels they own that you tune into?"

Fair question -- But they don't carry the news. If there's a cable channel that carries National News, I tune it out.

Even my Newspaper, a Gannet Newspaper, I canceled it. The Wife moaned about it for a while but, the truth is..... It's a fish-wrapper. They ALL are.

You can find more accurate news on the Internet, faster and better sourced, then you will EVER find in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

This is why the Lyin' Brian Scandal is so appropriate today. NBC KNEW that Williams was lying his ass off for over a decade and they did -- Nothing.

Know why? He toed the LSM line. He was reliably liberal. He made inaccurate claims about Republicans while supporting scumbag dimocrap causes and the DNC in general.

Wake up, people.

dimocraps are no real threat to America. They're fucking idiots. Too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same.

It's the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM that you need to worry about.

Without them, dimocrap scum couldn't get elected Dog Catcher.

Look folks..... Let me run this by you for the 100th+ time....

scumbags like dimocrap filth have been around in one form or another since the beginning of time.

And they are no threat to me, you or anyone else.

"Then how are they able to tell us what to do and gain immense power?" you ask.

Simple, the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM is their water carrier.

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM decides which storries to run, which stories to emphasize, where to put them -- Section A, Page 1, top of the fold or Section D, Lifestyles buried under an ad for FDS.

It matters.

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM is who's behind all this. ALL of it. Every last bit of it.

dimocrap scum? They're idiots. I mean, drool cup carrying morons.

But every time one of them gets caught lying or fucking up (or both), the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM comes to their rescue by either burying the news or, more likely, just flat-out lying about it.

If you don't know that, it's way, way past time you did.

Now, you may ask, "What can I do about it?"

Simple. Drop out. Tune out Network Channels. They don't get on the TV in my House. unless it's a Football Game. It just doesn't happen. No way.

And then you may say, "What about the all the cable channels they own that you tune into?"

Fair question -- But they don't carry the news. If there's a cable channel that carries National News, I tune it out.

Even my Newspaper, a Gannet Newspaper, I canceled it. The Wife moaned about it for a while but, the truth is..... It's a fish-wrapper. They ALL are.

You can find more accurate news on the Internet, faster and better sourced, then you will EVER find in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

This is why the Lyin' Brian Scandal is so appropriate today. NBC KNEW that Williams was lying his ass off for over a decade and they did -- Nothing.

Know why? He toed the LSM line. He was reliably liberal. He made inaccurate claims about Republicans while supporting scumbag dimocrap causes and the DNC in general.

Wake up, people.

dimocraps are no real threat to America. They're fucking idiots. Too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same.

It's the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM that you need to worry about.

Without them, dimocrap scum couldn't get elected Dog Catcher.

Edgetho

Put your head between your knees and take long slow breaths.

And, PLEASE, take your meds.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The power of the boycott is the only economic weapon the downtrodden have at their disposal. And it has historically proven to be very, very effective.

You want to be a discriminatory asshole? Go ahead, and let the invisible hand decide your fate.

No one is destroying your business but yourself. No windows get broken, just your bank account when people stop buying your stuff.

If your sole purpose is to destroy a business instead of giving them business, then you are taking place in militant activism. You are purposefully targeting someone in order to expose and destroy them because of a difference in beliefs. You have crossed the line from holding a mere opinion to using that opinion to inflict damage on other individuals. I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one moment those two ladies had any intention of buying a cake. The law is clear, but the intent was not commercial. Those two women, in fact, were repeat customers there and knowing full well the beliefs of the proprietor(s). But suddenly out of the blue they ask them to bake a cake for a same sex wedding. To me, that is the definition of "ulterior motive."

Every business owner has their own beliefs, their own convictions, and suddenly they have to sacrifice them just to run a business in compliance with the law, and yes, sacrifices must be made. But here's the catch: that's wrong. There is something woefully wrong. Yes, the law is important, and rules are rules; don't misunderstand me here.

But if you have to sacrifice something sacred to you in order to succeed in business and appease the rule of law, then this is justice run amok. I agree, business is business, and money is money and rightly so; but as someone who admires the law, the law also isn't perfect. There are good laws, and not so well thought out ones. Though, until the law changes, people must obey it. To be succinct, however, obedience should not come at the price of your own morals and convictions.

Call me a homophobe, a bigot, ignorant, stupid, misguided or whatever you like, but that is my observation on this topic. I don't hate gay people, but I don't like the ones who would force other people to accept their lifestyle. I mean, if the act of forcing your religious beliefs on others is wrong, just imagine how they feel when the same is done to them! Behavior like such is only self serving and only widens the chasm between supporters and opposition. It breeds more hatred than understanding. If respect and acceptance is the goal, then one must strive to show it also. The double edged sword sitting next to me would agree.

No Icing on the Cake for Christian Business Owners Who Refused to Bake for Lesbian Couple

That's a scathing indictment of James O'Keefe. Were these ladies worse than he's been in regard to your point?

In contrast to whom? Conservatives?

lol

Do you see conservatives recently trying to pass any of the crap you idiots try to enforce on a daily basis? Face it, you are the Moral Majority of the 21st century, the only difference is you don't have bibles in your hand and you use the government instead of pitchforks.

lol

Do you see conservatives recently trying to pass any of the crap you idiots try to enforce on a daily basis? Face it, you are the Moral Majority of the 21st century, the only difference is you don't have bibles in your hand and you use the government instead of pitchforks.

Yes. A constitutional amendment to ban all abortion. A constitutional amendment to outlaw same sex marriage.

The power of the boycott is the only economic weapon the downtrodden have at their disposal. And it has historically proven to be very, very effective.

You want to be a discriminatory asshole? Go ahead, and let the invisible hand decide your fate.

No one is destroying your business but yourself. No windows get broken, just your bank account when people stop buying your stuff.

I have no issues with boycotts or people deciding not to do business with people they don't like. My concern is when government is used as the mechanism for this.

lol

Yes. A constitutional amendment to ban all abortion. A constitutional amendment to outlaw same sex marriage.

A small tiny percentage want both of those. Most would accept the issues being settled by the States via legislative action. And at least they use the amendment process, which would require 2/3 of each house of the legislature, and 3/4 of the states to pass.

And both of those are in response to overreach by activist supreme courts, which created "rights" out of thin fucking air. Your side uses judges (un-elected ones usually) and hope you get ones that agree with your politics and have a fuzzy concept of constitutionality.

If you are a repeat customer, who else would you go to for your wedding cake?

What an idiotic OP.

The OP is excellent. When you call something idiotic, ravi, it means someone posted an incontrovertible truth.

Bummer for you.

But don't worry..now that you're here, the thread instantly dumbed down about 30 points. It is well on its way to idiocy. Tanks!

Forum List

Back