NK Nukes: China Sabotages American Efforts in UNSC

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
What does NK have to do for the Chinese to be serious about the NK threat? Nuke Beijing? The Chinese are far more interested in contesting and obstructing American power in NE Asia than they are serious about the threat posed by the criminal regime in Pyongyang. If China is the only country that can economically pressure NK, and yet will not, then it is way past time to economically pressure the Chinese. Don’t worry, we can afford to pay double for Wal-Mart plastic spoons manufactured in America.

China Rebuffs US Diplomatic Push on North Korea

http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-10-04-voa79.cfm

China has rebuffed U.S. calls for a swift U.N. Security Council response to North Korea's nuclear weapons test threat, calling the stalled six-party talks the only workable solution.

Security Council members are struggling with the question of how to respond to North Korea's nuclear threat.

As U.S. officials in Washington were warning of activity at potential North Korean nuclear test sites, U.N. Ambassador John Bolton was pushing for swift diplomatic measures that will send a strong signal to Pyongyang.

Other Security Council members, however, prefer a more cautious approach. Japan Wednesday suggested a statement urging North Korea to return to stalled six-party talks on ending its nuclear program and warning that weapons tests would jeopardize regional peace.

Pyongyang walked out of the talks 13 months ago except for a brief meeting last November. But Japan's U.N. ambassador, Kenzo Oshima, who holds the Council's presidency for October, called the six-party format Pyongyang's only option.

"I think the only way for North Korea to save itself from international isolation is to return to six-party talks," he said.

Ambassador Bolton emerged from the first of two meetings Wednesday expressing impatience with the pace of discussions. He complained that "divisions" among key Council members were delaying action.

In unusually blunt language, Bolton criticized what he called "North Korea's protectors" on the Council for stalling. He chided his Chinese counterpart, Ambassador Wang Guangya, for not being able to make any substantive contribution to the morning meeting.

"Ambassador Wang said he has no instructions today, so I'm not sure whether there's even a possibility we can have a response today," he said.

The Chinese envoy acknowledged that his country's leadership is still studying possible responses to North Korea's nuclear threat. But he rejected the U.S. call for tough diplomatic measures, and emphasized Beijing's support for the six-party format, which involves North and South Korea, Russia, China, Japan and the United States. He urged Washington to be "more creative" in trying to coax Pyongyang back to the six-party negotiating table.

"If there could be some progress made between United States and North Korea, there could be less mistrust between the two, certainly it would lead to good results. If North Korea adopts [a] more constructive approach, this will enable us to make progress, and also if the United States could be more creative in their thinking, it would help," he said.

The Chinese envoy earlier expressed doubt that the Security Council could play a role in easing nuclear tensions in the Korean peninsula until the six-party talks resume.

What does NK have to do for the Chinese to be serious about the NK threat? Nuke Beijing? The Chinese are far more interested in contesting and obstructing American power in NE Asia than they are serious about the threat posed by the criminal regime in Pyongyang. If China is the only country that can economically pressure NK, and yet will not, then it is way past time to economically pressure the Chinese. Don’t worry, we can afford to pay double for Wal-Mart plastic spoons manufactured in America.

Hmmm---I wonder what "creative thinking" means ?

the chinese are not concerned in the least ...they are using NK in a proxy war against the US.

Japan will rearm, offensively. Links at site:

http://austinbay.net/blog/?p=1464

10/4/2006
China says it can’t stop NoKo bomb

— site admin @ 3:11 pm

From The Australian — a frank and frightening assessment by China.

The lede:

WHILE the rest of the world looks to Beijing to stop North Korea from exploding a nuclear bomb, a leading Chinese analyst says it is too late — China cannot act without doing worse harm to its own interests.

“Basically, our country’s work of persuasion with the (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea) in the 12 years that the DPRK developed its nuclear program had been a failure,” writes highly regarded Shen Dingli, of Shanghai’s Fudan University.

“The DPRK considers its national interests to be greater than its relations with China,” Mr Shen says in his remarkably frank commentary, published in a newspaper of the official China Youth League and circulated yesterday by a North Korea-focused think tank, the Nautilus Institute.

Respected as probably the most independent-minded of China’s foreign relations experts, Mr Shen’s judgment that nothing can be done to stop Pyongyang becoming a fully fledged nuclear state deepened the grim mood in other capitals yesterday.
Grim indeed. Ultimately grim for Kim Jong Il’s pitiful regime and the long-suffering people of North Korea.

Japan will pursue offensive missiles and –one can feel the shudders throughout Asia– its own nuclear weapons.

Another excerpt:

China confirmed yesterday that President Hu Jintao would meet Japan’s tough-talking new Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, on Sunday in a summit that now has a sharp edge of urgency.

Mr Abe yesterday repeated the demand that North Korea halt nuclear test preparations and promised: “Japan will work with the US, China South Korean and other countries concerned to respond to this situation.”

China knows this is very bad for business.

More of Mr. Shen’s analysis:

Mr Shen argues that the North Koreans are prepared to weather deeper trade and financial sanctions from the US, Japan and other Western countries because they believe that ultimately, the Americans will have to accept their nuclear-state status, as happened with India and Pakistan.

Though China and the other neighbours are committed to a nuclear-free Korean peninsula, Beijing can do little to prevent North Korea pursuing that logic unless it imposes harsh sanctions that risk forcing Mr Kim’s regime to go to war - or collapse.

The economic and security chaos accompanying a regime collapse is the most feared scenario in Beijing and Seoul.

Read the entire article.

China,China,China!!!! It all leads to China!! If North Korea is a door , then China is the key. The Comunist Chinese have no intention of helping democratic U.S.A with Communist N.Korea. Infact , China is indirectly supporting Kim's regime in N.K. China knows that to maintain its influence over Asia it has to reduce U.S influence. North Korea developing nukes is like Christmas for the Chinese. Now , if a all out war starts between U.S and China , China knows that it can bank on N.korea , Iran and other Third World Nuclear Mad Countries to attack American bases. So there we have it :-
U.S/Japan vs China/N.korea . And since Pakistan is another major ally of CHina (Where does Pakistan get its nukes from ???) we can have 2 teams of 3 members each for an allout nuclear war in Asia.
U.S/India/Japan vs. China/N.korea/Pakistan
6 countries out of which 5 have nukes. Nowonder China keeps supportingN.K it is waiting for the U.S to take military action as CHina wants a showdown with India and U.S as well as ....Japan.

AKshay

China,China,China!!!! It all leads to China!! If North Korea is a door , then China is the key. The Comunist Chinese have no intention of helping democratic U.S.A with Communist N.Korea. Infact , China is indirectly supporting Kim's regime in N.K. China knows that to maintain its influence over Asia it has to reduce U.S influence. North Korea developing nukes is like Christmas for the Chinese. Now , if a all out war starts between U.S and China , China knows that it can bank on N.korea , Iran and other Third World Nuclear Mad Countries to attack American bases. So there we have it :-
U.S/Japan vs China/N.korea . And since Pakistan is another major ally of CHina (Where does Pakistan get its nukes from ???) we can have 2 teams of 3 members each for an allout nuclear war in Asia.
U.S/India/Japan vs. China/N.korea/Pakistan
6 countries out of which 5 have nukes. Nowonder China keeps supportingN.K it is waiting for the U.S to take military action as CHina wants a showdown with India and U.S as well as ....Japan.

AKshay

:shocked1: uh post #3 dude

But by all means, let's keep subsidizing chinese totalitarians with tons of business. It's good for the world really!

Orinally posted by manu1959

:shocked1: uh post #3 dude

LOL MANU : ) : ) : ) : )

You’ve just read my mind hehehehe

I almost replied to his post using one of the shocked smilies: :shocked:

Akiboy described what I would call “a geopolitical armageddon”, very similar to the religious one.

A final showdown between the forces of good (democratic states, US, India and Japan) against the forces of evil (China, North Korea and Pakistan).

LOL

You know, whenever I have to take a side between the national interests of any tribe and the best interest of mankind I always choose what is best for mankind.

If the armageddon scenario presented by Akiboy is the only way to QUICKLY democratise China, Pakistan and North Korea, I hope it takes 1000 years, for the sake of our species : )

Hey guys I aint a war mongering geek who is waiting for radioactive ash to fall on my head. I am just telling FACTS. Why the hell is China not being more co-operative with the rest of the world???

And about Good vs Evil scenario it has been happening since a long , long time. I just hope that the final showdown ( i.e WW3 ) is not in MY lifetime.

If ya look at today's politics and world scenario you can make solid conclusions out of it. I suggest you read " Third World War " by Humphrey Hawksley.

AKshay

Forum List

Back