Night School!

And that in itself should tell you how bad it is in this country..........when a kid can't even just worry about school and nothing else.
Most of the kids that end up in these programs are bullied by the "so-called elitists"
You should understand that toffeenut.
I believe you are trying to put down public education, but in reality you really were correct when you said it is sad (bad) that a kid, whose a little different, can't just go to school without being harassed by bullies.

Most of the kids that end up in these programs are bullied by the "so-called elitists"
You should understand that toffeenut.
I believe you are trying to put down public education, but in reality you really were correct when you said it is sad (bad) that a kid, whose a little different, can't just go to school without being harassed by bullies.
It's not about "bullies." These are kids who are working full time jobs during the day.

I can recall my dad teaching night school, in addition to his daytime teaching job before he went on to become a principal and superintendent in later years.

He always said that some of his best students were in those classes.

And that in itself should tell you how bad it is in this country..........when a kid can't even just worry about school and nothing else.
Or get a decent education the first time around.
There have always been chldren who couldn't get a decent education the first time around. Night school is a good thing.

What do you mean “first time around “?
I only repeated Baron Von Dumbass's term. I assume he means during regular daytime classes, like most students do. Lots of people aren't able to receive an adequate education that way for a wide range of reasons.

Gotta say I am pretty impressed with most of the kids in night school so far. Several of the classes are for kids who are SLIFE or something quite close to it. My Spanish is coming in handy, and the kids seem to be making solid improvement.

My mother and two of her sisters met their eventual husbands at night school in the early '30's. The guys had had to drop out of school to work and help support their families, while the girls were actually HS grads, just looking to meet guys. My dad was quite proud of the fact that he persevered and got his diploma.

Different world, eh?

Forum List

Back