Night Court .............. The Next Generation??

They dared do the deed!

Night Court has been called back into session!

Have you seen it? What do you think?

I think no Markie Post = No Night Court.
Richard Moll and the old lady, too. They were what made it. What was the judge's name? Harry something?

Only Dan Larouquette? Fuck off! (Did I spell that right?)

Last edited:
Nothing could be as good as my recollection of the original, or my expectations for the show. I'll give it another couple of episodes to decide if it's worth watching, or just a pathetic attempt to dig up the body of a show I once loved. At least they didn't try to desecrate WKRP.

Nothing could be as good as my recollection of the original, or my expectations for the show. I'll give it another couple of episodes to decide if it's worth watching, or just a pathetic attempt to dig up the body of a show I once loved. ,
I'll clue ya: Cannot compare to original. What's next, Barney Miller remakes?

I watched the first two episodes, cause thats all thats posted online right now..........but it was ok.

Apparently John Laroquette is producing the show.

It's watchable enough to see where it goes. I know the first few episodes are always pretty much to set the characters profiles.
After that, THEN they have to show what bones the show has, or not.

They are damn fools if they don't bring back Bob Wheeler and his wife June. I'll bet they have been running a shop in Roswell where they see lots of UFOs.

Nothing could be as good as my recollection of the original, or my expectations for the show. I'll give it another couple of episodes to decide if it's worth watching, or just a pathetic attempt to dig up the body of a show I once loved. At least they didn't try to desecrate WKRP.
In most cases, it is difficult to continue the mojo if the show has an interruption of many years with the same layout.

What I'm seeing is a serious lack of originality and talent from entertainment providers.

I'll watch AGT.

They are damn fools if they don't bring back Bob Wheeler and his wife June. I'll bet they have been running a shop in Roswell where they see lots of UFOs.
I think no Markie Post = No Night Court.
Richard Moll and the old lady, too. They were what made it. What was the judge's name? Harry something?

Only Dan Larouquette? Fuck off! (Did I spell that right?)
I think the fat lady bailiff is supposed to replace the old woman and the really big guy. She's just goofy, and whoever writes her part sucks.

I think the fat lady bailiff is supposed to replace the old woman and the really big guy. She's just goofy, and whoever writes her part sucks.
There was a "Roz" on Night Court, too. She was good!
Did not find Roz, but this one's good! Wait for it..

The old lady died and Roz took her place. "Bull" stayed on for a long time. Roz was good! Think she even got a spinoff that flopped.

Last edited:
It's okay.....but it's not as good as the original.
They spent the first couple of episodes talking about how the new public defender hates his job.

Doesn't sound like he is the old Dan fielding. He was one of my favorite characters because he was incredibly selfish and a sex fiend that was shady but also a good guy and he was funny as hell. Rolled my eyes when he was acting all serious

From the trailers I'd seen it sounded like he was none of those things which made me uninterested.

Also seemed to be missing all of the varying types of characters. Even the blind guy that ran the stand in the cafeteria or the little wimpy balif and so on we're a part of the show. Now it seems to be just a couple characters.

Doesn't sound like he is the old Dan fielding. He was one of my favorite characters because he was incredibly selfish and a sex fiend that was shady but also a good guy and he was funny as hell. Rolled my eyes when he was acting all serious

From the trailers I'd seen it sounded like he was none of those things which made me uninterested.

Also seemed to be missing all of the varying types of characters. Even the blind guy that ran the stand in the cafeteria or the little wimpy balif and so on we're a part of the show. Now it seems to be just a couple characters.
I think the weakness in the show is the writers. The actors do their job well...but the plot sucks. It may take awhile for them to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I seriously doubt we try it. The trailer is not that interesting.
Not really interested in yet another soft reboot of a past movie or show.

There was an article that he could not replicate the old Fielding. That is all I read. perhaps he is an older person now. That was a real ensemble cast with the crazy potential perps of the week part of it.

Forum List

Back