Nigeria bans Twitter for deleting a post from the president

We are really only talking about Nigeria because this behavior coincides with with the thought of a significant chunk of the Republican or Trump base, as evidenced by the number of people here cheering the decision of state censorship.
You do realize that Twitter just did the "state censorship"? They deleted a post from the PRESIDENT.

This is why I just repeat shit to you.. Sooner or later you disagree with yourself. You don't do anything in good faith. Worthless.

Getting pissy is you saying you didn't know what liability had to do with the discussion.
That’s a mischaracterization of what I said. I was asking what you meant by liability. See here:
What liability are you suggesting?
Your response was to make up what I think liability is.
My response was to say what I thought you could be saying. I only made it up because you attacked me for asking for clarification.

Did you ever consider that maybe you don’t have to act like an insufferable asshole and maybe a little bit like an adult?

I don’t have time for your childish games.

So far in all the time I've known you, childish games are all you have time for. I keep having to put you on ignore to calm down. I just took you off ignore and you're straight back to the childish games.

Why should social media have ANY liability limitations that other businesses don't have? Don't say duh, what liability and don't tell me what I think like you did last time

We are really only talking about Nigeria because this behavior coincides with with the thought of a significant chunk of the Republican or Trump base, as evidenced by the number of people here cheering the decision of state censorship.
You do realize that Twitter just did the "state censorship"? They deleted a post from the PRESIDENT.

This is why I just repeat shit to you.. Sooner or later you disagree with yourself. You don't do anything in good faith. Worthless.
Uh, what? State censorship means that the censorship is undertaken by the state or a state actor.

Your misunderstanding of what I thought was easily understood speech is not my lack of “good faith”. It’s you being too arrogant to get outside your own bias.

So far in all the time I've known you, childish games are all you have time for
I stopped reading after this. You contribute nothing to discussion other than petty bickering and insults.

Bye.

Uh, what? State censorship means that the censorship is undertaken by the state or a state actor.

Your misunderstanding of what I thought was easily understood speech is not my lack of “good faith”. It’s you being too arrogant to get outside your own bias.
They censored the state, in this case the president, while promoting #openinternet

Uh, what? What does #openinternet mean? They deleted a post from the PRESIDENT.

So far in all the time I've known you, childish games are all you have time for
I stopped reading after this. You contribute nothing to discussion other than petty bickering and insults.

Bye.

Thanks!

1623000281910.png

They censored the state, in this case the president, while promoting #openinternet

Open internet means the state doesn’t stop people from accessing the internet.

It does not mean that Twitter gives up the rights to host content of their choosing on the website they built and maintain with their labor and money.

It does not mean that Twitter gives up the rights to host content of their choosing on the website they built and maintain with their labor and money.

Actually, taxpayers are funding most of the internet. You love government handouts and liability protection for big companies, you're a Statist and a corporatist. Government and the State together

Really? Did you google that? Because in context that isn't what it means.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I disagree. The state is presenting the people of Nigeria from accessing Twitter. Isn’t that the context we are dealing with here?

I disagree. The state is presenting the people of Nigeria from accessing Twitter. Isn’t that the context we are dealing with here?
We are deeply concerned by the blocking of Twitter in Nigeria. Access to the free and #OpenInternet is an essential human right in modern society. We will work to restore access for all those in Nigeria who rely on Twitter to communicate and connect with the world. #KeepitOn

Ban incoming.

We are deeply concerned by the blocking of Twitter in Nigeria. Access to the free and #OpenInternet is an essential human right in modern society. We will work to restore access for all those in Nigeria who rely on Twitter to communicate and connect with the world. #KeepitOn

Ban incoming.
I know. That’s exactly the context I’m talking about. It doesn’t seem that you’re making a good faith argument here.

colfax plays childish games and makes his shit up as he goes. You're right of course, what he said isn't what open internet means. It means net neutrality

I know. That’s exactly the context I’m talking about. It doesn’t seem that you’re making a good faith argument here.
If they meant "open internet" they would have said that... Instead of #OpenInternet

I linked it for you in this thread. Don't work too hard clicking and reading it.

Koo launches in Nigeria as Twitter gets indefinitely suspended​

The CEO of the Indian micro blogging start-up, Koo, announced that the platform is now available in Nigeria.​

The made in India microblogging platform, Koo, on Saturday said that it is now available in Nigeria and is keen on adding new local languages for users in that west African nation.
The move took place a day after the Nigerian government announced an indefinite suspension of Koo’s rival Twitter in the country. In a post on Koo on Saturday, its CEO and co-founder, Aprameya Radhakrishna, officially confirmed that the platform is now available in Nigeria.
Speaking to PTI, Radhakrishnan said, “We are thinking of enabling the local language there as well. He further added that they are considering introducing a local Nigerian language into the Koo app.
He had earlier said, “Nigeria is similar to India in terms of language diversity. It has hundreds of regional languages. Koo has a global outlook and will enable micro-blogging in countries that need it the most. We have built a scalable platform, and while we are still enhancing the product, it’s already available for use in multiple countries today.”
Screenshot_2021-06-06_at_2.15.-x459.png

The Nigerian Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, ordered the immediate prosecution of Nigerians still making use of the microblogging platform Twitter, despite the ban of its operations in Nigeria by the Federal Government.
Nigerian telecoms firms blocked access to Twitter on Saturday following a regulatory directive aimed at suspending the U.S. social media giant indefinitely.

CHECK THESE OUT​

MORE
The Nigerian government said on Friday that it had suspended Twitter’s activities indefinitely, two days after the platform deleted a tweet by President Muhammadu Buhari that threatened to punish regional secessionists in the West African country.
Twitter has said that it was investigating its “deeply concerning” suspension by the Nigerian government.
Koo was launched in India, its home market, last year and has managed to secure funding of around $30 million from investors such as Tiger Global. Koo’s co-founder and chief executive officer, Aprameya Radhakrishna, says that the start-up has “aggressive plans to grow into one of the world’s largest social media platforms” and claims vast domestic support for this.
The application is available on both the Google Play Store and App Store. In India, Koo is downloaded by over 50,00,000 users on the Google Play Store.
Koo’s popularity in India peaked as calls for an expansion of the homemade digital platform ecosystem grew. The platform has seen a significant increase in its user base in recent months after several ministers and government agencies endorsed the microblogging platform following a clash with Twitter refusing to abide by India’s new IT rules.
The Government of India issued a notice to Twitter on Saturday, giving it a last chance to “immediately” comply with the new IT rules. Koo previously said that it was already in compliance with IT regulations and shared the necessary details as the government demanded on the issue.

If they meant "open internet" they would have said that... Instead of #OpenInternet

I linked it for you in this thread. Don't work too hard clicking and reading it.
I have no idea what you’re getting at because I did click it and it’s pretty apparent that #OpenInternet is pretty opposed to countries closing access to websites, you know the relevant issue given the context.

I think you’re having a hard time seeing past your own issues.

I have no idea what you’re getting at because I did click it and it’s pretty apparent that #OpenInternet is pretty opposed to countries closing access to websites, you know the relevant issue given the context.
Well... It's just repost my first post. I know it's a ban-able offense... But you're an idiot. So we have to do this.

They don't seem to think the President of said country should have access to the free and #OpenINternet that is an essential human right in modern society.

From the site Twitter is promoting:

4 EXPRESSION AND ASSOCIATION:
Everyone has the right to seek,
receive, and impart information freely
on the Internet without censorship or
other interference.
Everyone also has
the right to associate freely through
and on the Internet, for social,
political, cultural or other purposes.

I'll repost my first post... AGAIN in this post.

They don't seem to think the President of said country should have access to the free and #OpenINternet that is an essential human right in modern society.

I think you’re having a hard time seeing past your own issues.
Possible. I think you aren't worth anything when it comes to any type of critical thinking.

Forum List

Back