Nick sandman looks happy I guess 200 million will do that haha

No, the LAST thing a media company would EVER want to do in this situation is pay money. PERIOD. It sets a precedent that ALL media companies are now going to be saddled with. The only reason why they settled is because they knew they were going to get fucked.

And rightfully so.

Companies settle these nuisance lawsuits all the time, because it's cheaper than litigating them.

Smirky McBitchslap's lawyers got a payday.. that was it.

Not media companies. Trot out links to one other defamation lawsuit being settled.

We'll wait.

Lawyers involved in lawsuits like this will get between 33% and 40% of any winnings.

Legal fees aren't exactly cheap. If the lawyers got enough out of this to make it worth their work in having pursued it, and if their share is no more than 40% of the total award, then Mr. Sandmann's remaining 60% to 65% is going to be a rather nice amount. Maybe not millions, but not exactly the nothing that JoeB131 is trying to make it out to be.
From what I hear it’s around 15%
Lawyers involved in lawsuits like this will get between 33% and 40% of any winnings.

Legal fees aren't exactly cheap. If the lawyers got enough out of this to make it worth their work in having pursued it, and if their share is no more than 40% of the total award, then Mr. Sandmann's remaining 60% to 65% is going to be a rather nice amount. Maybe not millions, but not exactly the nothing that JoeB131 is trying to make it out to be.

From what you hear? lol

First you say 10%. Then you say "you hear" its around 15%.

"Most contingency fee agreements give the lawyer a percentage of between 33 and 40 percent, but you can always try to negotiate a reduced percentage or alternative agreement. In the majority of cases, a personal injury lawyer will receive 33 percent (or one third) of any settlement or award. For example, if you receive a settlement offer of $30,000 from the at fault party's insurance company, you will receive $20,000 and your lawyer will receive $10,000."

Now you have "heard" accurate information.

From what you hear? lol

"Most contingency fee agreements give the lawyer a percentage of between 33 and 40 percent, but you can always try to negotiate a reduced percentage or alternative agreement. In the majority of cases, a personal injury lawyer will receive 33 percent (or one third) of any settlement or award. For example, if you receive a settlement offer of $30,000 from the at fault party's insurance company, you will receive $20,000 and your lawyer will receive $10,000."

Cool story

From what you hear? lol

Cool story

Padding your numbers again?

What you call a "story" is, once again, factual information.

From what you hear? lol

Cool story

Unless you post a contract between Sandman and his lawyer you ain’t got no facts boy

From what you hear? lol

Cool story

Unless you post a contract between Sandman and his lawyer you ain’t got no facts boy

I did not say anything about a specific lawsuit. I posted about the typical legal fees involved in a lawsuit.

So do you have the contract between Sandman and his lawyers? Because you posted claims of 10% and then said "you heard" it was 15%.

From what you hear? lol

Cool story

I did not say anything about a specific lawsuit. I posted about the typical legal fees involved in a lawsuit.

So do you have the contract between Sandman and his lawyers? Because you posted claims of 10% and then said "you heard" it was 15%.
Don’t worry about what I know do you have a contract or not if not stop responding to my post with nonsense

From what you hear? lol

Cool story

Don’t worry about what I know do you have a contract or not if not stop responding to my post with nonsense

It is not nonsense to point out the inaccuracy of your posts.

I never said anything about a specific lawsuit. I simply pointed out what lawyer fees typically are, in such lawsuits.

I am not worried about what you know. It is obviously very little.

Cool story

I never said anything about a specific lawsuit. I simply pointed out what lawyer fees typically are, in such lawsuits.

Cool story

No, the LAST thing a media company would EVER want to do in this situation is pay money. PERIOD. It sets a precedent that ALL media companies are now going to be saddled with. The only reason why they settled is because they knew they were going to get fucked.

And rightfully so.

Companies settle these nuisance lawsuits all the time, because it's cheaper than litigating them.

Smirky McBitchslap's lawyers got a payday.. that was it.
The lawyers only get 10% of that payday lol 200 million Wow! Dozens more to come hahaha.. hey democrats watch your mouth! Before the sandman comes and smacks ya down lol

"The lawyers only get 10% of that payday lol". You posted that as if it were fact. I posted a link to a legal website stating the accurate numbers.

Why not just admit your error instead of getting all pissy about it. Now I can see why you have the tampons you are offering me.

Cool story

Monotonous repetition of a meaningless post.

You are absolutely wrong. Had the case been weak, as you claim, there is no way in hell that CNN would have settled.

NONE.

It sets a precedent that others are now going to use against them. No, the case was solid, and they knew it.

That's why they bailed so fast.

Or they just realized it was cheaper to pay "Go the fuck away" money than to have this get rehashed in the press over and over and over again.

You know, none of this is Sandmann's fault. CNN and everybody else brought this on themselves. Sandmann was minding his own business and waiting for a bus. If a certain douchebag had not decided to get in Sandmann's face for no reason and the douchebags at CNN had not decided to make a national headline out of nothing, he would have just gone home when the bus arrived and no one would know who the fuck he was.

You and every other delusional liberal psychotic looking for conservative boogymen would have had no target to spread lies and misconceptions about. And you did. You are a liar and a hypocrite of the first order.

And don't give me any shit about staying on topic because Sandmann IS the topic.

You are absolutely wrong. Had the case been weak, as you claim, there is no way in hell that CNN would have settled.

NONE.

It sets a precedent that others are now going to use against them. No, the case was solid, and they knew it.

Or they just realized it was cheaper to pay "Go the fuck away" money than to have this get rehashed in the press over and over and over again.

And rightfully so.

Whether they won or lost the case, CNN was fucked by the filing of the suit, because the Defendant's costs are sunk costs. Win or lose, they still end with a huge bill. If CNN win their case, they still get a bill for tens of thousands of dollars. Having the other side assessed for the defendant's legal bill is meaningless. The amount adjudged is a small fraction of the defendant's costs to retain their lawyers and to fight the lawsuit.

The last thing a media company wants is a protracted lawsuit with a team of lawyers billing at $800 per hour each, for pre-trial work, plus paralegals billing at $200 per hour, and upwards of $3000 per court appearance, per lawyer. You can hit $100,000 in legal bills without batting an eyelash.

NONE.

And rightfully so.

Whether they won or lost the case, CNN was fucked by the filing of the suit, because the Defendant's costs are sunk costs. Win or lose, they still end with a huge bill. If CNN win their case, they still get a bill for tens of thousands of dollars. Having the other side assessed for the defendant's legal bill is meaningless. The amount adjudged is a small fraction of the defendant's costs to retain their lawyers and to fight the lawsuit.

The last thing a media company wants is a protracted lawsuit with a team of lawyers billing at $800 per hour each, for pre-trial work, plus paralegals billing at $200 per hour, and upwards of $3000 per court appearance, per lawyer. You can hit $100,000 in legal bills without batting an eyelash.

You are the most clueless person I have ever met. Those costs are NOTHING compared to the shitstorm that is now going to rain down on ALL of the MSM. All because CNN lied through their teeth and were so fucking arrogant they refused to say they were sorry.

NONE.

And rightfully so.

Maybe next time they won't be such obnoxious twats?

Forum List

Back