Nick Offerman: The All-American Hero Of Vaccine Hesitancy

I'm just arguing the article and subject, not what I am going to do.

He is right that it helps to have someone that people trust the relay the message. I'm not sure there is any such person. Why is it I should trust Nick Offerman? Because of his roles on television?

Making this point, Dr Fauci has made himself not trustworthy. He seems to have played both sides of the fence. One can argue that being someone closely aligned with the research, he would know what he is talking about. One can also argue that someone that perhaps is so close is not one that should be pushing anything.

Will I eventually get the vaccine? Probably. Do I understand the reluctance of many to not want to get one? Absolutely.

Whether or not in the end this is the case, it's looking more and more like the guy that helped fund and create this virus is the one pushing the "cure". Not cool.

So what virologist doctorate's does he have? Medical license? Biology degree? I'm just curious what makes him qualified to speak about a medicine or a disease?

If he has none of those then he is just a hired tool reading the script given to him like any other actor would. He is playing a part is all it is.

Being an actor and pretending to be a character you like doesn't make him intelligent, savvy or smart in real life. Yes Ron Swanson was a funny character and likeable, but it was just a character, he was fake and make believe. But people are idiots, they will believe anything a celebrity tells them without any question because they are idolized and worshipped.

If you want the vaccine and it works like they tell then your safe, so shut up and stop telling people they should get one. If someone doesn't want a vaccine they are the only ones at risk.

Nothing in the article mentions possible long term effects or does anything to this point.
The whole thing comes across as a sales pitch constantly pushing "the science" without actually including "the science" as if that ends all discussion.
Anyone who has legitimate concerns is immediately slammed as somehow being anti science. I thought the purpose of science was to always question.
I will probably get it also, not because of a talking head or celebrity convinced me, but just to get the wife off my back about it.
Still, I am not concerned about Covid any more than any other malady or incident that could take me out.
The bribes that leaders are using are pathetic and in my view further cause more distrust. If it's so good, why the bribes?
1f4ec2b6cb29ec35.png

• Banned
i'm not against the vaccine, what i'm against is the abuse and misuse of medicine

Forum List

Back