Nice IDF tribute project

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
The Border Guards officers of the IDF participate annualy in a project for society's benefit. One of them took place this yeas in "Nahlat Eran" center, in the 'Ale Negev" rehabilitation village. The center was established to help diabled civilians to recover and adapt to normal lives.

Nice photo taken with one of the center's children.

1497500_671418386236152_488280048_n.jpg

---------

Seems like a nice project.

Participated in one of those while serving, it was in Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem, it was a wonderful experience!

Israel has helped save lives of many people in need many times all over the world. In fact, now Israel is even saving lives of innocent Syrian chldren who are the vctims of their own people. And all at israel's expence. Who in their right mind would not bless Israel?

Israel has helped save lives of many people in need many times all over the world. In fact, now Israel is even saving lives of innocent Syrian chldren who are the vctims of their own people. And all at israel's expence. Who in their right mind would not bless Israel?

Palestinians?

BTW - The state of OZreal promised to reimburse the galilean hospital tending to syrian civilians...then bugged out. They are now reduced to begging for donations to help cover their costs.

I guess the photo ops petered out.

Last edited:
The Border Guards officers of the IDF participate annualy in a project for society's benefit. One of them took place this yeas in "Nahlat Eran" center, in the 'Ale Negev" rehabilitation village. The center was established to help diabled civilians to recover and adapt to normal lives.

---------

Participated in one of those while serving, it was in Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem, it was a wonderful experience!

So, what are they doing to help anyone?

Is this just a photo op event?

---------

So, what are they doing to help anyone?

Is this just a photo op event?

It depends.

When I served I took place in two projects.

One was in Hadassah and the other in a kindergarten for children 'under risk' (children who suffered demostic abuse and were treated by social services).

In Hadassah it was just before purim, we gave flowers to the people, wished happy holday and gave candies to the kids (Both Israeli and Palestinian children).

In the kindergarten we mostly played with them and spent time with them. They were enthusiastic every time we came over.

Must say, it was amazing. Those kids were beautiful and good-natured. all of them.

Sounds like a good use of soldiers.

If the purpose of forced conscription is social service work, why not just get rid of mandatory indentured servitude like most other civilized western democracies and quit lying to everyone?

Last edited:
Sounds like a good use of soldiers.

If the purpose of forced conscription is social service work, why not just get rid of mandatory indentured servitude like most other civilized western democracies?

The purpost of forced conscription is that each and every one of us serve. There are people who don't want to serve because they don't feel they can do much or simply are spoiled.

The social service of the soldiers is to achieve many things. First, is to urge the soldier to do something 'more' to help the community, outside of the army system and the base. something which is educational, positive, and helpful- for both soldier and the one achiving the help.

Second, is that all civilians can get in touch with the army, outside of 'civilian under soldier's protection' square.

Sounds like communist social engineering to me. Plus cheap labor.

Every other civilized western democracy has gone to volunteer armed services. It forces the gubmint to actually pay soldiers living salaries and make their lives while in the service seem like something other than slavery. The upside is you have soldiers that actually want to be there and feel pride in being an important cog in their nations defense.

However, i'm not surprised you label adults who prefer not to dress up like clowns and go from hospital to hospital for photo ops while serving as a soldier in their nations armed services "spoiled".

Last edited:

Every other civilized western democracy has gone to volunteer armed services. It forces the gubmint to actually pay soldiers living salaries and make their lives while in the service seem like something other than slavery. The upside is you have soldiers that actually want to be there and feel pride in being an important cog in their nations defense.

However, i'm not surprised you label adults who prefer not to dress up like clowns and go from hospital to hospital for photo ops while serving as a soldier in their nations armed services "spoiled".

And I don't adore those who say this.

This is part of the service.

I don't say they're spoiled because of it.

I don't have an easy life, I have both parents ill, one in critical condition, as an only child, I have no brothers to share this burden with. I left my house to serve far from home, taking a lot of crap from commandors who are barely a year older than me but seem to believe they know much better. I've been humiliated, hospitalisized and suffered injuries in the IDF. And I did it out of the sense of obligation.

If I can do it when knowing that in fact my duties as a daughter demand other things of me, so I see those who try to ditch, because they 'feel the uniform don't look good on them' or because 'they're allergic to dust' or because 'they don't like the food' or I don't know why, then I believe everybody can.

And if not, yes, they are spoiled. And very selfish, too.

We get paid in the IDF.

We get paid in the IDF.

I didn't think it was room and board.

I don't have an easy life, I have both parents ill, one in critical condition, as an only child, I have no brothers to share this burden with. I left my house to serve far from home, taking a lot of crap from commandors who are barely a year older than me but seem to believe they know much better. I've been humiliated, hospitalisized and suffered injuries in the IDF. And I did it out of the sense of obligation.

If I can do it when knowing that in fact my duties as a daughter demand other things of me, so I see those who try to ditch, because they 'feel the uniform don't look good on them' or because 'they're allergic to dust' or because 'they don't like the food' or I don't know why, then I believe everybody can.

With all due respect, can you tell me why you feel a sense of obligation?

If Israel wasn't surrounded by 1.2 billion people who murder each other for wearing the wrong colors they wouldn't need compulsory service.

And what's wrong with serving in a military where you learn survival skills and everyone learns to watch out for each other?
But I guess that's not a Muslim thing, is it?

With all due respect, can you tell me why you feel a sense of obligation?

First, because the law says so.

Second, because I don't live in Switzerland that I can affort to myself to ditch.

Third, I am daughter of veterans of the IDF, all my family served in high ranking commands, in case I chose not to serve, it would have brought much sorrow and shame to my family.

We get paid in the IDF.

I didn't think it was room and board.

I don't know what that means.

If Israel wasn't surrounded by 1.2 billion people who murder each other for wearing the wrong colors they wouldn't need compulsory service.

And what's wrong with serving in a military where you learn survival skills and everyone learns to watch out for each other?

Army service gives you a totally new prespective of life.

The facts you cite are reason enough for israelis to want to serve and have not be compelled. The fact you DO HAVE compulsory service indicates there is a problem.

As for your second comment, nothing. But that decision should be left up to the adult to make on their own and not be dictated to them from above by a nanny government.

If at 18 your old enough to die for your country your also old enough to make your own decisions.

Last edited:

Army service gives you a totally new prespective of life.

Fair enough but again that decision to partake in a new perspective on life should be left up to the individual and not dictated by government.

New Topics

Forum List

Back