NFL Week 6 Picks

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
Hopefully I'll do a bit better than 8-7 this week. :lol:

Thu Oct 10 8:20 pm New York Giants New England Patriots - Shouldn't even be close

Sun Oct 13 9:30 am Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Bucs are pretty inconsistent, so they should play well this week after the crap they did last week
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals Baltimore Ravens - The Bungles aren't as bad as Miami, but they're trying
1:00 pm Houston Texans Kansas City Chiefs - Could be a high scoring affair. I see the Chiefs bouncing back
1:00 pm New Orleans Saints Jacksonville Jaguars - Strange to say this could be an excellent game. Saints win by a FG
1:00 pm Philadelphia Eagles Minnesota Vikings - Hard to choose, so I'll take the home team
1:00 pm Seattle Seahawks Cleveland Browns - The Browns just aren't that good
1:00 pm Washington Redskins Miami Dolphins - Worst game of the year? Anyone but Miami
4:05 pm Atlanta Falcons Arizona Cardinals - The Falcons get a long TD reception late to win
4:05 pm San Francisco 49ers Los Angeles Rams - 2 starting O-linemen out. Best FB in football out. Top cornerback out. I'm still taking the Niners! :D
4:25 pm Dallas Cowboys New York Jets - The Jets are pretty bad
4:25 pm Tennessee Titans Denver Broncos - I see a very defensive game for this one
8:20 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Los Angeles Chargers - Two teams that started the year with high expectations, now seeing them fade.

Mon Oct 14 8:15 pm Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers - I think this is a close one, but I give GB the edge in Lambeau.

Thu Oct 10 8:20 pm New York Giants New England Patriots - Shouldn't even be close

Sun Oct 13 9:30 am Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Bucs are pretty inconsistent, so they should play well this week after the crap they did last week
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals Baltimore Ravens - The Bungles aren't as bad as Miami, but they're trying
1:00 pm Houston Texans Kansas City Chiefs - Could be a high scoring affair. I see the Chiefs bouncing back
1:00 pm New Orleans Saints Jacksonville Jaguars - Strange to say this could be an excellent game. Saints win by a FG
1:00 pm Philadelphia Eagles Minnesota Vikings - Hard to choose, so I'll take the home team
1:00 pm Washington Redskins Miami Dolphins - Worst game of the year? Anyone but Miami
4:05 pm Atlanta Falcons Arizona Cardinals - The Falcons get a long TD reception late to win
4:05 pm San Francisco 49ers Los Angeles Rams - 2 starting O-linemen out. Best FB in football out. Top cornerback out. I'm still taking the Niners! :D
4:25 pm Tennessee Titans Denver Broncos - I see a very defensive game for this one
8:20 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Los Angeles Chargers - Two teams that started the year with high expectations, now seeing them fade.

Mon Oct 14 8:15 pm Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers - I think this is a close one, but I give GB the edge in Lambeau.
Pats
Panthers
Bengals
Texans
Saints
Eagles
Browns
Dolphins
Cardinals
Rams
Jets
Broncos
Detroit

My picks have sucked so far but I feel lucky this week.

Thursday, Oct. 10
New England Patriots (-16.5) at New York Giants

Sunday, Oct. 13
Carolina Panthers (-1.5) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (in London)
Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens (-10)
Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns (-2.5)
Houston Texans at Kansas City Chiefs (-8)
New Orleans Saints (PK) at Jacksonville Jaguars
Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings (-3)
Washington Redskins (-3.5) at Miami Dolphins
San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams (-4)
Atlanta Falcons (-1) at Arizona Cardinals
Dallas Cowboys at New York Jets (no line)
Tennessee Titans at Denver Broncos (-2.5)
Pittsburgh Steelers at Los Angeles Chargers (no line)

Monday, Oct. 14
Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers (-6)

yep this is the only game i care about obviously.Got to go with the niners,pains me to say since i will be at that game in LA but they just cant stop the run. Man sure wish I could get into a time machine and go back and watch this game in person in LA "LIVE".

,those were the good old glory days when the game was not tainted as it is now. you planning on watching the game? if so,know that the beachball you see being hit around in the stands,I will be the one that got it started.:2up:.

yep this is the only game i care about obviously.Got to go with the niners,pains me to say since i will be at that game in LA but they just cant stop the run. Man sure wish I could get into a time machine and go back and watch this game in person in LA "LIVE".

,those were the good old glory days when the game was not tainted as it is now. you planning on watching the game? if so,know that the beachball you see being hit around in the stands,I will be the one that got it started.:2up:.
Yeah Rams are hurting but they're still the defending NFC champs.
Should be a good game though- I'll be looking for the beach ball.

At least if the Rams suck this year, you guys still have the Dodgers and the Lakers are looking good.

Yeah Rams are hurting but they're still the defending NFC champs.
Should be a good game though- I'll be looking for the beach ball.

At least if the Rams suck this year, you guys still have the Dodgers and the Lakers are looking good.

Never cared for basketball so never had an interest in the Lakers except during the magic johnson/kareem abdul jabber/larry bird days. even though i HATED basketball,those guys got me interested in those championship game and i actually tuned in. never cared for the dodgers,im not an LA sports guy,the rams being the exception of course. dont care if the rams win or lose,its a bonus if they do win of course,i am just happy i got my dream of getting them back to LA is all.THATS all i care about.:dance: as far as LA baseball teams,I was always an angels fan,like i said,never cared for the dodgers. since they are the only california sports team that wins all the time,i have no choice but to cheer them on,the a's and padres,small market teams i would much rather see go to the series,they just dont have a prayer sadly in this day and age.

Never cared for basketball so never had an interest in the Lakers except during the magic johnson/kareem abdul jabber/larry bird days. even though i HATED basketball,those guys got me interested in those championship game and i actually tuned in. never cared for the dodgers,im not an LA sports guy,the rams being the exception of course. dont care if the rams win or lose,its a bonus if they do win of course,i am just happy i got my dream of getting them back to LA is all.THATS all i care about.:dance: as far as LA baseball teams,I was always an angels fan,like i said,never cared for the dodgers. since they are the only california sports team that wins all the time,i have no choice but to cheer them on,the a's and padres,small market teams i would much rather see go to the series,they just dont have a prayer sadly in this day and age.
I'd go to Lakers games just to see Jack Nicholson .

Brady Bunch is 6 - 0 and they're winning by an average of 30 to 8.

Mostly because of the defense. That Pats D has been really beating the opposition up so far.
They're going into a 10 day break before next Monday's Browns game then the Ravens and a bye week. If they go into that bye week 8-0 , this could be their second chance to break that old Dolphins undefeated season record.....the one the Giants stole from them in 07.

Brady Bunch is 6 - 0 and they're winning by an average of 30 to 8.

Mostly because of the defense. That Pats D has been really beating the opposition up so far.
They're going into a 10 day break before next Monday's Browns game then the Ravens and a bye week. If they go into that bye week 8-0 , this could be their second chance to break that old Dolphins undefeated season record.....the one the Giants stole from them in 07.

Meh, the Pats haven't played anyone good yet. Buffalo is the closest thing to strong competition they've gone up against, and that game ended 16-10. The Steelers were pretty much garbage even before Ben went down, and Miami and the Jets are bottom feeders. Washington is fighting with Miami for the title 'worst team' and the Giants, on to their 3rd string RB, need to complete a rebuild.

I'll start thinking about a potential undefeated run when the Pats play and beat a couple of decent teams. ;)

Loving it here in sunny very warm california.:banana::dance: left the cold midwest and am loving the warm weather. I change my mind,I think the Rams will win since the niners fullback is out who is a critical part of their offense but the other thing that occured to me to make me think my Rams will come through tommorrow is they are playing at home where Goff plays much better than on the road,if it was the road,i would not take them but home? cant go against them MOSTLY though not cause of playing at home where Goff is most comfortable with,but mostly because they are coming off having a 10 day rest so they are more rested and have had more time to get prepared for the niners,i cant see them losing this one. on the road,it would be fifty/fifty like the seahawks game and same as that game,come down to the wire with it being anybodys game again just as it was in seattle i have to believe.At Home though? I cant see them losing.

You might be interested to know, LA RAM FAN, that this is apparently the first time since 2001 that the 49ers and Rams have played each other when both teams had a winning record.

Carolina at Tampa Bay The defense should prevail
Cincinnati at Baltimore Ravens much better than the Bengals
Seattle at Cleveland I just don’t see the Browns rebounding after a short eeek
Houston at Kansas City KC rebounds
New Orleans at Jacksonville Lots of excitement with Minshew Mania, NO Bridgewater is pretty good
Philadelphia at Minnesota which Eagles team shows up?
Washington at Miami This could be the worst game in 100 years
San Francisco at LA Rams Both are without their starting RB. Under Sean the Rams haven’t lost three in a row
Atlanta at Arizona I cant decide, so I just picked
Dallas at New York Jets Cowboys should win easily
Tennessee at Denver Titans, will Mariotta last the season?
Pittsburgh at LA Chargers Two disappointing teams, especially the
Chargers
Detroit at Green Bay Just can’t pick the Lions

Last edited:
If Miami is 0-15 going into their last game against the Pats and the Pats clinched home field advantage does Belichick throw the game by resting his 1 string players and screw Miami's plan for the 1st round draft pic. It would also insure another year of Miami being losers of the NFL
By the way Miami will not even try to win any game this season.

Forum List

Back