NFL Week 5 Picks

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
I'll get us started this week.

Thursday, Oct. 3

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks 8:20 p.m. The Rams haven't played that well, despite their 3-1 record. For some reason, though, I think they will beat the Hawks in Seattle.

Sunday, Oct 6

Jacksonville Jaguars at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m. I'm going with the 'stache! :)
Arizona Cardinals at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. No matter who wins, viewers will probably lose with this game.
Atlanta Falcons at Houston Texans 1 p.m. Disappointing start to the season for the Falcons. Still a tough pick, as I think the Falcons will pick things up later in the year and the Texans' O line is suspect at best.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m. Yes, the Bucs scored 55 points last week. Yes, their defense got a bunch of turnovers and sacks. Yes, Brees is still injured. I'm taking this well-rounded Saints team at home, despite all that.
Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants 1 p.m. The Giants have played above expectations while the Vikings have played below. The Vikes are still the better team.
Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders (London) 1 p.m. I feel pretty vindicated about my criticism of the Gruden signing so far. :lol:
New York Jets at Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m. It's the Eagles vs LeVeon Bell and some other guys. Eagles should win.
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. It's in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are coming off a dominating win, while the Ravens have had a couple of disappointing losses. I don't think this Steelers team is all that good, though, while the Ravens have talent.
Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. A defensive game. After the Bills stymied the Pats last week, I'll go with them.
New England Patriots at Washington Redskins 1 p.m. How easy is the Pats' road to the playoffs?
Denver Broncos at Los Angeles Chargers 4:05 p.m. I don't even really know what the Broncos are looking like so far. :lol: The Chargers are looking as if they will once again be more hype than substance, but I think they squeak out a win.
Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys 4:25 p.m. I'd like to take the Packers, but I give the Cowboys the edge at home.
Indianapolis Colts at Kansas City Chiefs 8:20 p.m. This could be a very high scoring game. The Colts don't have enough to stop the Chiefs.

Monday, Oct. 7

Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers 8:15 p.m. 49ers defense is looking good and they are at home. The Browns have found a bit of the mojo they were expected to show this season, so this could be a good one.

Thursday, Oct. 3

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks 8:20 p.m. The Rams haven't played that well, despite their 3-1 record. For some reason, though, I think they will beat the Hawks in Seattle.

Sunday, Oct 6

Arizona Cardinals at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. No matter who wins, viewers will probably lose with this game.
Atlanta Falcons at Houston Texans 1 p.m. Disappointing start to the season for the Falcons. Still a tough pick, as I think the Falcons will pick things up later in the year and the Texans' O line is suspect at best.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m. Yes, the Bucs scored 55 points last week. Yes, their defense got a bunch of turnovers and sacks. Yes, Brees is still injured. I'm taking this well-rounded Saints team at home, despite all that.
Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants 1 p.m. The Giants have played above expectations while the Vikings have played below. The Vikes are still the better team.
Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders (London) 1 p.m. I feel pretty vindicated about my criticism of the Gruden signing so far. :lol:
New York Jets at Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m. It's the Eagles vs LeVeon Bell and some other guys. Eagles should win.
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. It's in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are coming off a dominating win, while the Ravens have had a couple of disappointing losses. I don't think this Steelers team is all that good, though, while the Ravens have talent.
Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. A defensive game. After the Bills stymied the Pats last week, I'll go with them.
New England Patriots at Washington Redskins 1 p.m. How easy is the Pats' road to the playoffs?
Denver Broncos at Los Angeles Chargers 4:05 p.m. I don't even really know what the Broncos are looking like so far. :lol: The Chargers are looking as if they will once again be more hype than substance, but I think they squeak out a win.
Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys 4:25 p.m. I'd like to take the Packers, but I give the Cowboys the edge at home.
Indianapolis Colts at Kansas City Chiefs 8:20 p.m. This could be a very high scoring game. The Colts don't have enough to stop the Chiefs.

Monday, Oct. 7

Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers 8:15 p.m. 49ers defense is looking good and they are at home. The Browns have found a bit of the mojo they were expected to show this season, so this could be a good one.

What IS your reason on the Rams winning tomorrow by chance? I assume you are going to watch it since one team in the NFC west will be 1-2 and if it IS the Rams it will make the matchup of your niners all the more intereesting which btw i will be in LA for that game. always dreamed of seeing the Rams and Niners play in california.want to see them play in the classic LA coliseum since this is their last year there which i am not happy about,give me the old classic stadiums anyday of the year over these fucking fancy state of the art stadiums.:mad:

IF andthat is a major if since recently they have been teriible with the seahawks on this,if they cant stop the run i think the rams have a good chance,if they DONT like i am thinking they wont,it will be a long day for them and the seattle wins.

I am going to do something very rare,watch the niners/browns game since their records are so close to the same as each other rams and niners and as i said,will be seeing them play next week in LA.:)

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle The Rams should wake up and play.

Jacksonville
at Carolina Jags defense gives them the edge

Arizona at Cincinnati Can we do a coin flip and spares us all the pain of actually watching them play?

Atlanta
at Houston Mild upset, the Falcons will get their passing game going

Tampa Bay at New Orleans Love the Bucs D, but NO also has a defense.

Minnesota at New York Giants Vikings have looked flat but it is the Giants they’re playing

Chicago at Oakland Raiders get a rare win, but that was last week but Mack will have a great game and the Bears D will carry them

New York Jets at Philadelphia Wentz & the Eagles need to stay on track, the Jets will help

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Steelers get their first win however it was against the Bengals. The Ravens are the better team

Buffalo at Tennessee Two good defenses but the Titans have a slightly better offense

New England at Washington Is Brady finally showing his age? Still anything is better than the Redskins

Denver at Los Angeles Chargers The Chargers have not been impressive this year but the Broncos are not going to win

Green Bay at Dallas I’d love to take the Pack but their #1 WR is out and the rest of the group is less than impressive. Prescott is looking better and better

Indianapolis at Kansas City This could be a shoot out, in that case, I’ll take the big guns of KC

Cleveland at San Francisco Mayfield likes to think of himself and his team as an underdog, against The 9ers, he will be.

MN coaching staff seems slow to adapt during game. Don't blame Cousins he's only trying to execute what coaches call.

Thursday, Oct. 3

Sunday, Oct 6

Monday, Oct. 7

What IS your reason on the Rams winning tomorrow by chance? I assume you are going to watch it since one team in the NFC west will be 1-2 and if it IS the Rams it will make the matchup of your niners all the more intereesting which btw i will be in LA for that game. always dreamed of seeing the Rams and Niners play in california.want to see them play in the classic LA coliseum since this is their last year there which i am not happy about,give me the old classic stadiums anyday of the year over these fucking fancy state of the art stadiums.:mad:

IF andthat is a major if since recently they have been teriible with the seahawks on this,if they cant stop the run i think the rams have a good chance,if they DONT like i am thinking they wont,it will be a long day for them and the seattle wins.

I am going to do something very rare,watch the niners/browns game since their records are so close to the same as each other rams and niners and as i said,will be seeing them play next week in LA.:)

There's nothing concrete that made me pick the Rams, just a hunch. I know they and Seattle are both 3-1, and it's in Seattle, I just get the feeling the Rams will bounce back. :dunno:

Thursday, Oct. 3

Sunday, Oct 6

Monday, Oct. 7

I work a very early schedule, so I haven't been watching the later games.

Thursday, Oct. 3

Sunday, Oct 6

Monday, Oct. 7

There's nothing concrete that made me pick the Rams, just a hunch. I know they and Seattle are both 3-1, and it's in Seattle, I just get the feeling the Rams will bounce back. :dunno:

yeah i change my mind.Since i now know the truth about pete the cheat,that he is always on the take,and when its always a big game,he always does something really asinine and stupid that costs the seahawks the game,remembering that,i think the Rams win. If this wasnt a big game i would not pick them but a big game? yeah he'll be on the take again.

Last year I went and saw the seahawks in LA play the Rams and it was late in the game and it was a close game and with the game really close and it was fourth and ten and my friends that went to the game with me,we were all taking and i said to them-just watch,he will do something really stupid right here cause he is on the take and will thrown this game. and guess what? sure enough,I was a prophet.Instead of punting the ball like a coach wanting to win the game would,he had the punter fake the punt and try and run and pick up the first down and he got tackled and got stopped on fourth down. that of course cost the seahawks the game.

when are you EVER going to wake up that this guy ALWAYS throws a game when it is a big game.:rolleyes:
Now that I know what he is all about and what his intentions REALLY are,he is so EASY to predict now.:laughing0301::lmao:

me and my friends were all laughing when he did that because THEY all knew he would do something stupid like that as well cause they all know same as me he is on the take.:lmao::laughing0301:

Thursday, Oct. 3

Sunday, Oct 6

Monday, Oct. 7

Seattle has played four teams with a total of 4-11-1 and the three wins were against teams that have a 1-10-1 record.

Los Angeles has played four teams with a total 9-7 and has three wins against teams that have a 7-5 record.

Their common opponent is the Saints, Seattle lost at home and the Rams 33-27 in Seattle and the Rams beat the Saints 27-9 in LA.

It will be a good game either way.

I’ll go with the Seachix tonight. I’ll get the other picks in later.

okay but whats YOUR reason for the seahawks pick? just a hunch or homefield advantage or what?
Sorry, real life has been getting in the way of my fun time. Haven’t had time to really look carefully at anything re football. My Seachix pick is just a hunch. They are hard to beat at home.

Thursday, Oct. 3

Sunday, Oct 6

Monday, Oct. 7

Hey Borillar Montrovant

yeah I meant to say last night that both teams were 3-1 and did not realise i made that mistake till much later.

Well last night Pete the cheat to no surprise in the least,TRIED to throw this game to the Rams but one thing he did not count on was the refs were home town refs and the seahawks benefitted from some home town reffing.:mad:

The Seahawks got a penalty on fourth down because INITIALLY it looked like Carrol was just trying to draw the Rams offsides for a first down which made perfect sense since the penalty would not cost them in the least since INITIALLY it looked like they were going to punt the ball if they did not draw them off. But in typical "throw the game style" Carrol fashion,he did not punt the ball and he had his field goal kicker try a field goal. WTF? WHY would you send your field goal kicker out there on a cold windy night AFTER failing to draw the Rams offsides on fourth down which costs you five more yards for the kicker to try and make a field goal five yards longer in difficult conditions?:cuckoo::laughing0301::lmao:

It looks like someone forgot to inform carrol last night that he had some home town refs in his favor last night though.:iyfyus.jpg:

I say that because deep in Rams territory they called a personal foul against clay matthews for a helmet to helmet hit on wilson when the replays CLEARLY showed matthews led shoulder pad to shoulder pad and ONLY hit wilson on the shoulder pads with HIS shoulder pads yet he got called for a personal foul penalty on that.:rolleyes: Clay Matthews knows how to play the game,he has NEVER been a dirty player and was not dirty then either. Matthews had a great case he did not commit a personal foul helmet to helmet penalty,even the announcers agreed with matthews that it was a HORRIBLE call.:mad:

Matthews could not believe the call and argued the case with the refs what he did and the announcers even AGREED with Matthews that it was a HORRIBLE call. !!!!!!!!!! they seemed to have the same thing the cheatriots always get at their home games where the opponent always get the bad calls but they never get any cause that was the case with the seahawks last night,they did NOT get any bad calls against them last night. fucking home town refs.:mad:

The Rams are just fortunate they are 3-2 instead of 2-3 which they SHOULD be. They would be 2-3 right now if not for a stupid boneheaded call by the Browns coach in the Rams/Browns game because if not for that stupid call,the Rams would be 2-3 now and the Browns would be 3-1 now instead of 2-2 like they are now.

Last edited:
just think,that game went from being a game most the NFL fans in the country would want to tune tin to watch with the very real possibility both teams had an excellent chance of entering undefeated or at worst,the niners undefeated and the Rams at 4-1 tied with seattle for first place to NOW the NFL fans around the country will have no interest in that game whatsoever now with the Rams losing back to back games now so that game has NOW gone from a game all NFL fans around the country were going to have an interest in to now its a game where its only a california rivalry game between the niner fans in SF and the Rams fans in LA and niner and Ram fans across the country as well of course but thats it,other than that,nobody else around the country is going to care about that game NOW. :biggrin:

amazing how things can change so fast in just two weeks huh?

Come on, New England is only a 15-point favorite.

If Brady/Belichick want, they could run a triple digit score up on the Redskins. They could definitely demolish the 73-0 largest margin of victory in NFL history (1940 NFL Championship - CHI over WAS)

Thursday, Oct. 3

Sunday, Oct 6

Monday, Oct. 7

Thanks for starting off this week.

Thursday 10/3
Rams at Seachix --- Had a hunch that the Seachix would win. Great game to come down to a missed FG.

Sunday 10/6

Jags at Panthers --- Go9ing with the Panthers at home.

Cards at Bengals --- Crappy game of the week. Going with Bengals at home.

Falcons at Texassans --- Going with Texassans at home.

Succaneers at Saints --- Saints playing pretty well despite Brees being out. Succaneers had great offensive output last week. Picking them to upset the Saints on the road.

Vikes at Jints --- Vikes going up against their old offensive coordinator. Think Vikes take it on the road.

Bears at Raiders --- Da Bearsus should crush the Raiders.

Jets at Iggles --- Iggles should easily win at home.

Ravens at Steelers --- I'll go with Steelers at home.

Bills at Titans --- Bills turning into a very good team. Think they win on the road.

Pats at Skins --- I kind of expect a Nebraska vs Little Sisters of the Poor kind of mismatch of a game. Pats win easily.

Broncos at Chargers --- Chargers better all around.

Pukers at Cowpies --- Hate both teams, but a Puker loss would be better. Going with Cowpies at home.

Colts at Chefs --- Chefs offensive juggernaut too much to overcome. Chefs at home.

Monday 10/7

Browns at Whiners --- Going with the Santa Clara Whiners at home.

New Topics

Forum List

Back