NFL to stencil 'End Racism' on end zone borders as part of social justice rollout for kickoff week

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I just decided I won't be watching any football this season, or perhaps ever.

As part of the NFL's ongoing commitment to social justice programs, the messages "It Takes All of Us" and "End Racism" will be stenciled on all end zone borders for home openers, the league office informed clubs in a memo Monday obtained by ESPN.
The two messages of inclusion, which will be stenciled on opposite end zones during kickoff week, are key elements of the league's broader, multifaceted rollout intended to highlight its efforts to support diversity and inclusion while the new season begins.
The end zone messages demonstrate "how football and the NFL brings people together to work as one and use our example and our actions to help conquer racism," the memo reads. The memo also confirms that players will have the option to wear helmet decals honoring victims of systemic racism.
"Each player will have the option to honor an individual by displaying that person's name via a decal on the back of their helmet," the memo reads. "Players will be offered a list of names and short biographical information to help guide their decision-making, however, they can also select a victim of systemic racism who is not represented on this list." If coaches desire, they can honor victims of systemic racism by wearing patches on their hats.
Additionally, the league will recognize essential workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.

As part of the NFL's ongoing commitment to social justice programs, the messages "It Takes All of Us" and "End Racism" will be stenciled on all end zone borders for home openers, the league office informed clubs in a memo Monday obtained by ESPN.
The two messages of inclusion, which will be stenciled on opposite end zones during kickoff week, are key elements of the league's broader, multifaceted rollout intended to highlight its efforts to support diversity and inclusion while the new season begins.
The end zone messages demonstrate "how football and the NFL brings people together to work as one and use our example and our actions to help conquer racism," the memo reads. The memo also confirms that players will have the option to wear helmet decals honoring victims of systemic racism.
"Each player will have the option to honor an individual by displaying that person's name via a decal on the back of their helmet," the memo reads. "Players will be offered a list of names and short biographical information to help guide their decision-making, however, they can also select a victim of systemic racism who is not represented on this list." If coaches desire, they can honor victims of systemic racism by wearing patches on their hats.
Additionally, the league will recognize essential workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can stick to soccer, it's simpler for you to understand. And there's BEER!

So, you clearly are against ending racism. Gotcha. :thup:

Only a brain dead dipshit would believe that those stencils would help end anything...

I'm against any asshole that believes he's entitled to preach at me. BLM is a terrorist organization.

The NFL is a private business in a free country, they can do as they please.

No on is forced to watch this.

rugbys a better option,,,

• Funny
Reactions: Taz

You TDS morons just hate when your imbecile schemes backfire on you, don't you?

The NFL is a private business in a free country, they can do as they please.

No on is forced to watch this.
The NFL is a government protected monopoly.

I used to pay for the NFL ticket so I could watch every game if I wanted....and I would purchase game replay and red zone...I was a Raider fan and had a room filled with their merchandise but when the NFL began to move over seas and gave so much power and money to greedy players and their greedy agents the game fell apart for me....I sold or tossed all of my NFL crap and turned it off for good after the knee debacle....
I cancelled game replay and the ticket and haven't watched an NFL game since...the NFL is dead to me just like the NBA and just like what the MLB is working towards....I'm not a racist and I won't be treated like one by a league I pay to enjoy....I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night......

You gotta love this comment in the article......

"The end zone messages demonstrate "how football and the NFL brings people together to work as one and use our example and our actions to help conquer racism," the memo said"

What a load of horseshit!!!
They obviously didnt learn a thing after Hillary's deplorable comment.
You cant call the vast majority of your fans racist and not expect some blowback.

Forum List

Back