NFL to play Black National Anthem before every NFL game in 2021

You must live under a rock. Ratings plummeted and some stadiums saw drastic drops in revenue.

Derp
You must have been hit by a rock. Viewership is down only about 11% from 2019 to 2020. Football still draws larger viewing audiences than any other program on television. They're not hurting a bit but they should be.

I was going to post an assumption that NFL fans were, on average, more conservative but I did some quick research first and it appears that the fans actually are more left-leaning than right. So the NFL would only lose 35 to 45% of their audience if all Republicans quit watching - and they'd still be in the running for the leading audience on television. Even so, I say let them lose that 35% to 45%. Then they could drop the US National Anthem altogether.

.....and why was Garvey saying the things he said?
I suppose, for the same reason Trump, Hitler, or any demagogue says the things they say.

They see suffering, poverty, and despair among the people of their In-Group, and they see an opportunity to personally advance their own fortunes and power by blaming perceived (real or imagined,) external threats to their own perceived nationalism upon members of the Out-Group.

:dunno:

Last edited:
I suppose, for the same reason Trump, Hitler, or any demagogue says the things they say.

They see suffering, poverty, and despair among the people of their In-Group, and they see an opportunity to personally advance their own fortunes and power by blaming perceived (real or imagined,) external threats to their own perceived nationalism upon members of the Out-Group.

:dunno:
What was the state of black America in 1927? What self gain was he trying to achieve?

Its SEVENTY FIVE colleges!

Here’s more.

Segregated dorms:

I don't give a damn if it's 175, how many black folks does that involve and how does that equate to black folks as a whole? In college most folks room with folks whom they feel comfortable with, that is nothing new.

Republicans do more for corporate Americans than they do the everyday American.

A study from the National Bureau of Economic Research found that Democratic presidents since World War II have performed much better than Republicans. On average, Democratic presidents grew the economy 4.4% each year versus 2.5% for Republicans.

A study by Princeton University economists Alan Blinder and Mark Watson found that the economy performs better when the president is a Democrat. They report that “by many measures, the performance gap is startlingly large.” Between Truman and Obama, growth was 1.8% higher under Democrats than Republicans.

You did not answer the question, “what have Democrats done for small businesses besides treat them as big corporations? You provided a macro economic report. Take that report
to a small business Latino entrepreneur and see how they respond. The Latino small business owners I know care more about why they get slapped with higher taxes and regulations and the impact it has on their businesses.

You did not answer the question, “what have Democrats done for small businesses besides treat them as big corporations? You provided a macro economic report. Take that report
to a small business Latino entrepreneur and see how they respond. The Latino small business owners I know care more about why they get slapped with higher taxes and regulations and the impact it has on their businesses.
You haven't shown what Republicans do for small businesses or for anyone as far as that matters. I showed you how folks of color do better under Democrat presidents, are you saying those numbers are false?

You haven't shown what Republicans do for small businesses or for anyone as far as that matters. I showed you how folks of color do better under Democrat presidents, are you saying those numbers are false?
Republicans cut taxes for small businesses. Republicans cut regulations and bureaucracy for small businesses. Republicans pursue limited liability statutes for small businesses.

With all do respect, you are shifting the debate onto “folks of color” doing better economically under Democrats. While that is a worthwhile debate, it is not the same original debate about why and how a Latino household such as mine could vote and support non-Democrats. I explained to you about the significance of entrepreneurship and economic opportunity for Latinos.

Your counter argument sites a macro economic study that shows “people of color” doing well under Democrats. Some define “doing well” as maximum government entitlement benefits while others define doing well when their investments, businesses, and job prospects are all healthy.

Republicans cut taxes for small businesses. Republicans cut regulations and bureaucracy for small businesses. Republicans pursue limited liability statutes for small businesses.

With all do respect, you are shifting the debate onto “folks of color” doing better economically under Democrats. While that is a worthwhile debate, it is not the same original debate about why and how a Latino household such as mine could vote and support non-Democrats. I explained to you about the significance of entrepreneurship and economic opportunity for Latinos.

Your counter argument sites a macro economic study that shows “people of color” doing well under Democrats. Some define “doing well” as maximum government entitlement benefits while others define doing well when their investments, businesses, and job prospects are all healthy.
Has nothing to do with entitlements, nice sound though. It is based on economics, ie. career path, business, etc. It's based on education, hard to argue against facts.

Forum List

Back