NFL - think twice on Limbaugh

For the record, I think Limbaugh is a douchebag who among other things, appeals to and exploits the racism of many of his listeners. Does that make him a racist? Meh, don't know and don't care. As far as him owning an NFL franchise I'd say this:

- There exists no legal justification to bar him from owning a franchise.

- However, there is also no legal restriction on the NFL owners and commissioner to tell him to go pound oxycontin.

- I'm rooting for him not to get it simply because I think he's a piece of shit.

- But if he does, good for him.

I stand Corrected. I think You are a piece of shit for thinking Rush is a piece of shit. Anything in excess of that consider redirected to Shit Heads with less spine than you.

Oh yeah!

Well I think YOU'RE a piece of shit for thinking I'm a piece of shit for thinking Limbaugh is a piece of shit! So there. :thup:

For the record, I think Limbaugh is a douchebag who among other things, appeals to and exploits the racism of many of his listeners. Does that make him a racist? Meh, don't know and don't care. As far as him owning an NFL franchise I'd say this:

- There exists no legal justification to bar him from owning a franchise.

- However, there is also no legal restriction on the NFL owners and commissioner to tell him to go pound oxycontin.

- I'm rooting for him not to get it simply because I think he's a piece of shit.

- But if he does, good for him.

I stand Corrected. I think You are a piece of shit for thinking Rush is a piece of shit. Anything in excess of that consider redirected to Shit Heads with less spine than you.

Oh yeah!

Well I think YOU'RE a piece of shit for thinking I'm a piece of shit for thinking Limbaugh is a piece of shit! So there. :thup:

I love it when you talk dirty baby! ( From the Movie Dinner Rush.)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I knew We were going there.:)

To all of you big thinkers that are trying to spread the lie that Rush Limbaugh is a racist...... besides his friend of decades on his show, Bo Snerdley, and his most popular guest hosts, Drs. Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell, golf buddy and friend Charles Barkley......... Rush's 1984 wedding took place at the home of another friend of his that did the officiating, Justice Clarence Thomas. All of these men just happen to be black, kind of amazing that a racist would have so much interaction with people he hates.

To all of you big thinkers that are trying to spread the lie that Rush Limbaugh is a racist...... besides his friend of decades on his show, Bo Snerdley, and his most popular guest hosts, Drs. Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell, golf buddy and friend Charles Barkley......... Rush's 1984 wedding took place at the home of another friend of his that did the officiating, Justice Clarence Thomas. All of these men just happen to be black, kind of amazing that a racist would have so much interaction with people he hates.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1284178-post9.html

That's a common falacy about racism. One need not hate another to think they are inferior.

Perhaps he likes having inferior negros around because it makes him feel better about himself. :)

Liberal, libertarian, they're all the fucking same. Nutjobs to the core. Just listen to Ron "my favorite martian" Paul. It doesn't get any crazier than that!

No wonder the man can manage but a few votes. He's stark raving bonkers.

Now, if you want a TRUE libertarian to represent you Paulettes, go for Penn Jillette. He's a libertarian who actually makes some sense. Far more sense than the babbling Paul!

Am i gettin' under your skin?

I sure seem to be, lil' man!

Settle down lil' one, it's just a freakin' message board for christ sakes

The only thing that gets under my skin is stupidity. That's exactly what you've shown in this thread.

Only a fucking retard thinks that a liberal and a libertarian are the same.

One advocates any and all laws that are for your own good, and the other aims to repeal as many of those laws as possible.

It doesn't fucking get any more different than that :lol:

Quit while you're behind, my man.
Yeah, Paul wants to close all bases overseas. He's a friggin' idiot!

Listen to his platform man, he's a nutjob. I have libertarian views myself, but in no way support many of Paul's nutjob views. He's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Oh, cool!

Great info! I mean, since we were specifically talking about Ron Paul and all! :rolleyes:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is Rush's statement.

A Limbaugh spokesman told ESPN that Limbaugh would have no comment on Wednesday. Earlier, on his syndicated radio show, Limbaugh was defiant, holding on to hope that he still could be part of the ownership group that buys the Rams.

"This is not about the NFL, it's not about the St. Louis Rams, it's not about me," Limbaugh said. "This is about the ongoing effort by the left in this country, wherever you find them, in the media, the Democrat Party, or wherever, to destroy conservatism, to prevent the mainstreaming of anyone who is prominent as a conservative.

"Therefore, this is about the future of the United States of America and what kind of country we're going to have."

Rush Limbaugh to be out of bid for St Louis Rams - ESPN

In other words, its the Democrats fault.

And people wonder why the NFL would see him as divisive and wouldn't want him associated with their brand.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is Rush's statement.

A Limbaugh spokesman told ESPN that Limbaugh would have no comment on Wednesday. Earlier, on his syndicated radio show, Limbaugh was defiant, holding on to hope that he still could be part of the ownership group that buys the Rams.

"This is not about the NFL, it's not about the St. Louis Rams, it's not about me," Limbaugh said. "This is about the ongoing effort by the left in this country, wherever you find them, in the media, the Democrat Party, or wherever, to destroy conservatism, to prevent the mainstreaming of anyone who is prominent as a conservative.

"Therefore, this is about the future of the United States of America and what kind of country we're going to have."

Rush Limbaugh to be out of bid for St Louis Rams - ESPN

In other words, its the Democrats fault.

And people wonder why the NFL would see him as divisive and wouldn't want him associated with their brand.

No, they would rather have a stand up guy like Michael Vick associated with their brand.

A guy who went to prison for two years, served a suspension, and apologized for his actions over and over.

If Rush wants to drop his show and publicly apologize for being a divisive asshat on the radio for the last 20 years I would gladly change my opinion on whether or not he should be allowed into the Owners Club.

I don't give a shit WHO owns a private sports franchise as long as they keep politics the fuck out of it.

I don't want to have to watch a football game and hear about liberals and conservatives. It's like one of the very few outlets we have these days where you can escape that bullshit and just enjoy a politically neutral form of entertainment.

It's bad enough we have to watch the national broadcasters choke on a specific team's proverbial dick during a telecast. If Rush owned a team, I could care less so long as he NEVER mentioned politics on TV if it was during a sports telecast.

Last edited:
So what did Rush say that was so offensive?

Donovan McNabb sucks. He's always sucked. And yes, the media was propping him up as something he's fully proven not to be, A great quarterback.

No harm, no foul.

Unless you're a loony liberal idiot who hates the constitution, and the first amendment right.

But hey, ya' beat dogs to death. Ya' elecrocute them. Ya' kill them by body slamming them to the ground. Ya' make money watching them tear each other to shreds, and all that's needed for redemption is a simple slap on the wrist, a short prison stay, and a lame apology. Yep, everything is just peachy keen!

Seriously, liberals are friggin' idiots!

Donovan McNabb sucks. He's always sucked. And yes, the media was propping him up as something he's fully proven not to be, A great quarterback.

No harm, no foul.

Unless you're a loony liberal idiot who hates the constitution, and the first amendment right.

But hey, ya' beat dogs to death. Ya' elecrocute them. Ya' kill them by body slamming them to the ground. Ya' make money watching them tear each other to shreds, and all that's needed for redemption is a simple slap on the wrist, a short prison stay, and a lame apology. Yep, everything is just peachy keen!

I'm not the biggest McNabb supporter as an Eagle fan, and I admit I called for his head last year right before he stepped his game up and fired us into the NFC championship game...

But much like Elway, he's a SB win away from either ending his career as a winner, or a ending up with the loser albatross forever hanging around his neck.

Absent a SB win, I'm not sure there's ever been another QB with the kind of success McNabb has had. I mean, If McNabb sucks, so does Marino.

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone in the major media refer to Marino as a failure, even in the face of his failure to win the big one.

When I look at highlights from McNabb's biggest and most important postseason performances, I can name one game that stands out most in my mind as being HIS fault in a sheer majority. The rest, I attribute to very poor performance across the board.

I'll never forgive him though, for taking his sweet ass time walking up to the line of scrimmage in the Super Bowl with the clock close to expiring and being about a play away from an easily makeable David Akers FG to send the game to OT. Yeah, he was throwing up. So what. That 100 million dollar contract and that trophy aren't motivation enough? He wasn't the only one moseying up to the line, either. The entire fucking offense might as well have walked BACKWARDS, as slow as they were moving.

Anyway, I'm rambling, so I digress.

No harm, no foul.

I'm not the biggest McNabb supporter as an Eagle fan, and I admit I called for his head last year right before he stepped his game up and fired us into the NFC championship game...

But much like Elway, he's a SB win away from either ending his career as a winner, or a ending up with the loser albatross forever hanging around his neck.

Absent a SB win, I'm not sure there's ever been another QB with the kind of success McNabb has had. I mean, If McNabb sucks, so does Marino.

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone in the major media refer to Marino as a failure, even in the face of his failure to win the big one.

When I look at highlights from McNabb's biggest and most important postseason performances, I can name one game that stands out most in my mind as being HIS fault in a sheer majority. The rest, I attribute to very poor performance across the board.

I'll never forgive him though, for taking his sweet ass time walking up to the line of scrimmage in the Super Bowl with the clock close to expiring and being about a play away from an easily makeable David Akers FG to send the game to OT. Yeah, he was throwing up. So what. That 100 million dollar contract and that trophy aren't motivation enough? He wasn't the only one moseying up to the line, either. The entire fucking offense might as well have walked BACKWARDS, as slow as they were moving.

Anyway, I'm rambling, so I digress.
He's a guy who didn't even realize that games could end in ties. I mean seriously, this is an NFL quarterback, one of the highest paid at the time, who was completely clueless as to the rules of the game. But, at the time Limbaugh made his comments, there was no reason whatsoever for the media to be fawning over the guy. He had proven absolutely nothing. And yeah, I remember the puking game. Christ, Jack Youngblood of the REAL RAMS, the L.A. Rams, played an entire super bowl with a freakin' broken leg. And he played for peanuts, compared to what McNabb was making. McNabb should have swallowed that puke and sucked it up!
Now, I take it you're from Jersey, judging from your avatar. Who's your team, Giants or Jets. Or are you an Eagles fan?
Both the Giants and Jets have great quarterbacks. I just knew that Sanchez was going to be a good one. He played for my beloved Trojans, and you could see his talent way back in high school. If he stays healthy, the Jets could seriously be looking at a super bowl win or two, with Sanchez at the helm.

I mentioned in that last post I'm an Eagles fan. I'm south Jersey, this is philly sports territory.

And you'll find plenty of my posts here from last season where I lambasted McNabb for that OT comment.

At this point, the only reason I want him to succeed is because I've got 10 years of my Eagles game watching career invested in the guy. I'd hate for that all to be in vain.

If he wins the big one this year, does your opinion of him change even in the slightest? I only ask, because it's pretty well known that Elway went from zero to hero in a nano-second.

It will change my opinion of him only in the sense that he's won a superbowl, Same as Doug Williams did a few years ago.
I look at all the great talent he's had over the years and his failure to capitalize on it. Particularly the defense. They should have won at least two super bowls with the talent they had.
Now, Elway was a great quarterback who for many years didn't have great talent around him to work with. Also, he played in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL at that time when he wasn't surrounded by great talent. The Raiders were great, the Chiefs were great. And, there was no greater quarterback then Elway when you needed that last minute drive. Elway could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. There's very few who were, or are now as tough as him. You would have never seen him off on the sidelines puking his guts out while his teams fate was on the line.
McNabb is a good quarterback. But he can never be considered up there with Elway and others.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back