NFL kneelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The authoritarian right is indeed tedious and moronic.

That they obsess over this non-issue is a manifestation of true rightwing idiocy.

Had conservatives simply ignored what the players were doing from the outset, the demonstrations would have likely ended by now.

And for far too many on the right this is solely about race and conservatives’ unwarranted hostility with regard to issues that black Americans are concerned about.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

You idiots aren't man enough to admit you just agree with Chris Cuomo. America isn't that great. You hate it and want to bring it down a peg. You like the players disrespecting the country. Man up and be honest for once
Go blow it out your ass guttersnipe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Toughen up little ones. When or if this country ever takes away the right to protest it ceases to exist. And you know it.

The authoritarian right is indeed tedious and moronic.

That they obsess over this non-issue is a manifestation of true rightwing idiocy.

Had conservatives simply ignored what the players were doing from the outset, the demonstrations would have likely ended by now.

And for far too many on the right this is solely about race and conservatives’ unwarranted hostility with regard to issues that black Americans are concerned about.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

You idiots aren't man enough to admit you just agree with Chris Cuomo. America isn't that great. You hate it and want to bring it down a peg. You like the players disrespecting the country. Man up and be honest for once
Go blow it out your ass guttersnipe.

And you decline my invitation, Shirley

How can people who freak out so much over nfl protests be ok with Trumps “I like guys that don’t get captured “ commments .

For God's same I cannot believe that some weak kneed folk let a bunch of immature kneelers get them all in a tizzy. Toughen up and ignore. Stand like most do and ignore them. Emphasis week kneed. Don't make an issue out of every little thing. Smarten up.

I must say I've been to many a baseball game (my preferred sport) and seen them play the national anthem. Zero times have I ever stood up for it because zero times had I any reason to. And zero times did anybody take my picture sitting to milk a story out of it or inquire why I didn't stand or suggest "fire the sumbitch".

And when the puppet exercise was over, amazingly, a ball game broke out and we actually watched it. Then we all went home.

Ain't exactly rocket surgery.

Then again, posts about slavery and secession may very well be on topic.

The right’s unjustified animosity toward African-American players engaging lawful, peaceful protest is predicated on conservatives’ contempt for the issue being protested: the unwarranted killing of young black men by law enforcement – something conservatives reject as a legitimate issue to protest and something conservatives reject as being a problem altogether.

The conditions that exist today which facilitate unwarranted police killings of young black men can be traced back to slavery, its consequences, and a Nation once divided by war over the issue of race and slavery – conditions and consequences also rejected by conservatives as a contributing factor to the deaths of young black men at the hands of law enforcement.
Powerful

Real Americans will stop watching and supporting the NFL.

Trump’s racist buttheads are not real Americans. The NFL is doing great. Its good they didn’t let a lying loser like DJT buy a team.

“”” NFL TV Ratings 2021: Viewership Increases For Week 1, Primetime Games Among Most-Watched In Years
By Anthony Riccobono on 9/15/21 at 9:55 am edt

After seven months of no meaningful NFL games, football fans couldn’t wait for the 2021 season to start. TV ratings for Week 1 were among the league’s highest in recent years.

The season’s first slate of NFL games featured a 7% increase in viewership compared to 2020. With an average of 17.4 million viewers, the NFL drew its second-best opening week in the Nielsen ratings of the last five seasons.
The most-watched Sunday afternoon game was CBS’ 4:25 p.m. EDT broadcast of the Kansas City Chiefs and Cleveland Browns. An average of nearly 20 million people tuned in to the second half, according to CBS, giving the network its second-best Week 1 viewership for that time slot in 23 years.

The Dallas Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers delivered big ratings to start Week 1 on Thursday night. The season opener was seen by 26.4 million viewers, including streaming, making it the most-watched kickoff game since 2016.

The season debut of “Monday Night Football” drew its largest audience in eight years. An average of 15.29 million viewers watched the Las Vegas Raiders upset the Baltimore Ravens on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC.

Compared to other professional sports, the NFL’s viewership decline during the pandemic was marginal “””

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.
I understand your need to tell other people what to do; but you do not have that right.

Trump’s racist buttheads are not real Americans. The NFL is doing great. Its good they didn’t let a lying loser like DJT buy a team.

“”” NFL TV Ratings 2021: Viewership Increases For Week 1, Primetime Games Among Most-Watched In Years
By Anthony Riccobono on 9/15/21 at 9:55 am edt

After seven months of no meaningful NFL games, football fans couldn’t wait for the 2021 season to start. TV ratings for Week 1 were among the league’s highest in recent years.

The season’s first slate of NFL games featured a 7% increase in viewership compared to 2020. With an average of 17.4 million viewers, the NFL drew its second-best opening week in the Nielsen ratings of the last five seasons.
The most-watched Sunday afternoon game was CBS’ 4:25 p.m. EDT broadcast of the Kansas City Chiefs and Cleveland Browns. An average of nearly 20 million people tuned in to the second half, according to CBS, giving the network its second-best Week 1 viewership for that time slot in 23 years.

The Dallas Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers delivered big ratings to start Week 1 on Thursday night. The season opener was seen by 26.4 million viewers, including streaming, making it the most-watched kickoff game since 2016.

The season debut of “Monday Night Football” drew its largest audience in eight years. An average of 15.29 million viewers watched the Las Vegas Raiders upset the Baltimore Ravens on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC.

Compared to other professional sports, the NFL’s viewership decline during the pandemic was marginal “””

That's sad.

Behavior denouncing a group, should not be celebrated or even accepted by the group.

That is the sign of a very sick group.

Our society is in grave decline.

To hell with the NFL.

I have not watched a single NFL game live or on a official broadcasted channel since they are started taking a knee.

Just like I havent with the NBA either since they started in the BLM bullshit.

And now with the black national anthem I saw fuck all sports until they stop with the virtue signaling, the politics and social agendas and just play their respective games.

To hell with the NFL.

I have not watched a single NFL game live or on a official broadcasted channel since they are started taking a knee.

Just like I havent with the NBA either since they started in the BLM bullshit.

And now with the black national anthem I saw fuck all sports until they stop with the virtue signaling, the politics and social agendas and just play their respective games.

What kind of person, looks up to someone(s) that look DOWN on them?

Answer: Willing Serfs.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.

Don't you think taking a knee is a very respectful form of protest? Taking a knee is symbolic of pledging fealty.

Don't you think taking a knee is a very respectful form of protest? Taking a knee is symbolic of pledging fealty.

When standing is done to show respect, doing the opposite of standing, is showing the opposite of respect.

Your pretense that the meaning of that action is not clear, is you being a gaslighting troll.

When standing is done to show respect, doing the opposite of standing, is showing the opposite of respect.

Your pretense that the meaning of that action is not clear, is you being a gaslighting troll.

Kneeling has always been a sign of fealty.

What taking a knee really means: A reflection on the power ...
Oct 06, 2017 · In the Christian tradition, kneeling has been closely intertwined with the act of prayer to the almighty.

Author: Kenneth Mccallion
Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins
The Psychology of Taking a Knee - Scientific American Blog ...
Sep 29, 2017 · Kneeling is a sign of reverence, submissiveness, deference—and sometimes mourning and vulnerability. But with a single, graceful act, Kaepernick invested it with a double meaning.

Kneeling has always been a sign of fealty.

What taking a knee really means: A reflection on the power ...
Oct 06, 2017 · In the Christian tradition, kneeling has been closely intertwined with the act of prayer to the almighty.

Author: Kenneth Mccallion
Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins
The Psychology of Taking a Knee - Scientific American Blog ...
Sep 29, 2017 · Kneeling is a sign of reverence, submissiveness, deference—and sometimes mourning and vulnerability. But with a single, graceful act, Kaepernick invested it with a double meaning.

Wow. Different rituals are different? What a shock.

YOu know, over the years, I have attended family functions at a church where I did not share the practice of their faith.

Out of respect for their faith, I kneeled when they did, and sat when they did and stood when they did.

Because the purpose of being there was for the function, (generally weddings), not for me to express my NOT being a part of it.

IF, I had done the OPPOSITE of what everyone else was doing, that would have been disrespectful.

YOur pretense of not getting this, is not credible.

You support this blatant and overt anti-Americanism, because you support the anti-Americanism.

Your denial is not only a lie, but it is a very stupid lie.

That you expect it to be taken seriously, is an insult to everyone that reads your post.

Wow. Different rituals are different? What a shock.

YOu know, over the years, I have attended family functions at a church where I did not share the practice of their faith.

Out of respect for their faith, I kneeled when they did, and sat when they did and stood when they did.

Because the purpose of being there was for the function, (generally weddings), not for me to express my NOT being a part of it.

IF, I had done the OPPOSITE of what everyone else was doing, that would have been disrespectful.

YOur pretense of not getting this, is not credible.

You support this blatant and overt anti-Americanism, because you support the anti-Americanism.

Your denial is not only a lie, but it is a very stupid lie.

That you expect it to be taken seriously, is an insult to everyone that reads your post.

They have a legitimate complaint against brutal cops and other rogue elements in law enforcement. The bad cops taint the respect for the good ones and discredit law. enforcement. Look to your own denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back