Next project...build a shed...

View attachment 609897

View attachment 609896

Ends and soffit almost done.

Noob finally realized a framing hammer is exactly 16 inches.

View attachment 609895

And the table router did work on this 3/8 manufactured panel to make a new shiplap when I cut off the wrong side.

View attachment 609894
Yeah...that's been a thing for a while.
So has bursitis.

I put together a shed with my father. And swinging a hammer that much is hard on your shoulder and more importantly your bursal sheath in it. It makes it sore to where it hurt for two years after swinging the hammer. Couldn't lay on that side in the bed at night. Took ibuprofen for a while till it eventually went away.

I recommend using an air nailer. Not as sexy but a lot less painful. And between all the ibuprofen and aspirin the cost would have been about the same as buying the compressor and air nailer.

Just saying...

Also the framing square....there's one you can use that perfectly fits between the studs and centers them on 16". If not cutting a block of wood to do the same really speeds up laying out the walls. Then doing the same for the roofing joists makes it easier too. Just saying... roofing joists are set at 18" centers of course. YMMV

BTW...the shed is really looking good. Nice overhang on the roof and everything. Well planned and thought out.

On the downhill side...of the outside...

IMG_20220304_102936715_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20220304_153526266_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20220304_183453590~2.jpg

Yeah...that's been a thing for a while.
So has bursitis.

I put together a shed with my father. And swinging a hammer that much is hard on your shoulder and more importantly your bursal sheath in it. It makes it sore to where it hurt for two years after swinging the hammer. Couldn't lay on that side in the bed at night. Took ibuprofen for a while till it eventually went away.

I recommend using an air nailer. Not as sexy but a lot less painful. And between all the ibuprofen and aspirin the cost would have been about the same as buying the compressor and air nailer.

Just saying...

Also the framing square....there's one you can use that perfectly fits between the studs and centers them on 16". If not cutting a block of wood to do the same really speeds up laying out the walls. Then doing the same for the roofing joists makes it easier too. Just saying... roofing joists are set at 18" centers of course. YMMV
I actually have two framing nailers...but no Coil roofing nailer...but the hammer isn't killing me yet. Sore at night but recovered by morning.

I actually have two framing nailers...but no Coil roofing nailer...but the hammer isn't killing me yet. Sore at night but recovered by morning.
I built one without fly eaves. Door kept warping from drippings of dew and rain. Not fun.

And yeah...I get it. I didn't notice the burritos until it was too late.

Forum List

Back