Next on the Chopping Block - Same Sex Marriage

View attachment 662488

Which is why I should be able to marry my children when they are mature under a platonic agreement so they can enjoy all the same benefits as my spouses and when I die they don't have to worry about inheritance taxes and the military will have to cover them medically until I die.

My family and I love each other in our own way and deserve the benefits the government hands out to the married.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Good points.

Reconsidering the ruling on SSM is not the same thing as saying the ruling should be overturned. the Court can disavow a ruling without overturning it. Maybe restating the premise upon which the decision would still meet constitutional standards could be handed down. To wit: marriage is and always has been an American as well as universal tradition for a very long time, and as such could be considered a constitutional right that should not be denied anywhere in the US. And since the 14th Amendment guarantees equal rights and protections under the law, SSM and interracial marriage cannot be denied either. Forget the right to privacy crap, which IMHO does exist but shouldn't be applicable in this case.

I find it interesting that it is completely legal for a man/woman to marry but same sex marriage should be considered illegal by many which is illogical and contradictory since that is the business between two people who make the decision to share each other in life in a nation where everyone is supposed to be allowed the right to the pursuit of happiness.
Run on sentence

Such as you referring to me as "gramps" and "senile", among other verbal abuses, as well as additional slurs you routinely throw at other posters in this forum. Ho hum. Yawn***

Forum List

Back