Next on the Chopping Block - Same Sex Marriage

No doubt SSM will be shot down SOON. Justice Thomas already talking about it.

I can't see that happening, for a myriad of reasons.

The GOP needs to be careful here. Without all of these Supreme Court rulings, they were going to win in November in a rout. With Roe, and now rumblings about same sex marriage, they could lose a lot of voters because of an overly conservative court.

I don't believe the government should play a role in the reproductive decisions of citizens, and I believe that allowing same sex marriage was the right thing to do. I know a lot of people who agree with me on those.

What happens when the court leans to the left?

What makes same sex marriages illegal?
They are legal today. Anyone can get married. Hell you can marry your car!!!

Breaking News: Girl Marries Truck. Claims Sex Life is "Amazing"​

1656199442441.png

"Unable to feel aroused by men, Maria Griffin married her truck on Valentine's Day."

I can't see that happening, for a myriad of reasons.

The GOP needs to be careful here. Without all of these Supreme Court rulings, they were going to win in November in a rout. With Roe, and now rumblings about same sex marriage, they could lose a lot of voters because of an overly conservative court.

I don't believe the government should play a role in the reproductive decisions of citizens, and I believe that allowing same sex marriage was the right thing to do. I know a lot of people who agree with me on those.

What happens when the court leans to the left?
One of the reasons that Democrat popularity with Hispanics (90% Catholic) is collapsing is because of abortion and LGBT. Most blacks are Christian, and they aren't too happy with Democrats lately either.
Abortion is mass murder, and same sex marriage is mass insanity. Most people of all races agree with that.

Last edited:
What makes same sex marriages illegal?
1656199765174.png

What makes polygamy, marrying close relatives, and/or a pet, illegal?

If we're going to allow mature willing companions to marry as they choose then it's not the governments business nor anyone else's.

If a farmer loves his/her combine or a gamer loves their anima character then they should be allowed to marry it.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Attachments

• 1656199641011.png
    1656199641011.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 25
They are not illegal. They are legal, That's why Justice Thomas is considering making them illegal.
I think that what we are really talking about the right of survivorship, etc. As I have shown, anyone can 'marry' anyone or anything. It will be interesting to see Thomas' opinion though. I'm thinking about 'marrying' my IPhone. I think I'm in 'love' with Siri. :cool:

They are not illegal. They are legal. That's why Justice Thomas is considering making them illegal.

Not exactly. It's the same thing as abortion, Justice Thomas is only saying that same sex marriage is not a constitutional right, and if the US Congress cannot codify it into federal law then it falls to the states to do as they please. Same deal I think with contraceptives, Thomas is not going to make anything illegal but he is going to remove them as a constitutional right. Cuz it really isn't.

Not exactly. It's the same thing as abortion, Justice Thomas is only saying that same sex marriage is not a constitutional right, and if the US Congress cannot codify it into federal law then it falls to the states to do as they please. Same deal I think with contraceptives, Thomas is not going to make anything illegal but he is going to remove them as a constitutional right. Cuz it really isn't.
He can't remove anything from the constitution.

I find it interesting that it is completely legal for a man/woman to marry but same sex marriage should be considered illegal by many which is illogical and contradictory since that is the business between two people who make the decision to share each other in life in a nation where everyone is supposed to be allowed the right to the pursuit of happiness.

Forum List

Back