Newt Slimes Again

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
This morning on Meet the Press, Newt commented on his view as to what will happen following the election. He said, "If Hillary is elected, the criminal investigations will be endless and if Trump is elected, it will be like Madison, Wisconsin with Scott Walker, the opposition of the government employees will be so hostile, and so direct, and so immediate, that it'll be a continuing fight over who controls the country."

See what he is saying here? He is characterizing Republicans as doing a necessary act (outing a President who has committed serious crimes) and Democrats as being merely obstructionists.

I have always considered Newt to be one of the leaders of the Republican Party when it comes to slime. Glad to see he is remaining in character.

Why do you consider this "slime?" Has not Hillary committed criminal acts? Have not the Harry Reid Democrats been the ultimate obstructionists by refusing to even vote on budget bills? Do you watch anything but Seinfeld?

Why do you consider this "slime?" Has not Hillary committed criminal acts? Have not the Harry Reid Democrats been the ultimate obstructionists by refusing to even vote on budget bills? Do you watch anything but Seinfeld?

I agree with the OP that a lot of republicans may very well be hostile towards a Trump administration, but outside of that I missed the point of his accusations?

Thanks for the response. I don't think Hillary has committed any crime. I know a lot of Republicans will disagree with that, but so be it. Secondly, I don't think you want to start a discussion as to who are the obstructionists in our government - Repubs or Dems. How are we coming on that Supreme Court appointment?

Newt implies here that if Hillary is elected, the only thing Republicans will be doing is investigating her for crimes - nothing else. We know they will be doing a helluva lot more than that, i.e., obstruction any and all USSC appointments and any and all proposed legislation that favors Democratic aims.
Investigating a president for crimes is not obstructionism - it is doing your patriotic duty. Trouble is (1) that isn't all the Republicans will be doing when it comes to obstructionism and (2) if Hillary committed no crimes, and the Republicans know it but institute investigations anyway, that is the worst form of obstructionism.

I agree with the OP that a lot of republicans may very well be hostile towards a Trump administration, but outside of that I missed the point of his accusations?

Newt is being disingenuous by implying that Republicans who investigate a sitting president for crimes are merely doing their duty and are not being obstructionists (when their obstructionism when it comes to Supreme Court appointments is well-known and ongoing and when also, whether or not Hillary has committed any crimes is open to severe conjecture), while saying, on the other hand, that Democrats do nothing else except try to obstruct Republican administrations, as he alleges happened in Wisconsin with its Republican governor, Scott Walker.

Newt is being disingenuous by implying that Republicans who investigate a sitting president for crimes are merely doing their duty and are not being obstructionists (when their obstructionism when it comes to Supreme Court appointments is well-known and ongoing and when also, whether or not Hillary has committed any crimes is open to severe conjecture), while saying, on the other hand, that Democrats do nothing else except try to obstruct Republican administrations, as he alleges happened in Wisconsin with its Republican governor, Scott Walker.

They are both obstructionists, yes we know. No one ever as bad as Harry Reid if anyone wants to argue. And the democrats did the very same thing in obstructing a supreme court judge appointment when Bush has a vacancy. Ho hum.

You say the thought Hillary may be guilty of crimes while at the state dept and afterwords is "severe conjecture?" Oh, please. She destroyed hard drives and 34,000 emails after being subpoenaed by congress! For just one example.

Newt is a has been used to be who now is like one of those old men who walk around smelling like old piss from wetting himself and not cleaning up after himself.

Forum List

Back