Newt outlines his new Contract with America

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Gingrich outlines his

Moreover, he added, unlike 1994, people “are so fed up with the way the stimulus is written in secret, so fed up with Obamacare being written in secret, Nancy Pelosi’s line about how you have to pass it to see what’s in it, [that] I don’t think they want something jammed down their throat.”

Furthermore, Gingrich said some of the ideas in the new contract “are so new and so different we have not yet developed the ideas on how to do it.”

“I would say in particular the section on brain science, which will be extraordinary as it is flushed out over the next few months,” he continued.

This isn’t the first time Gingrich has unveiled a “21st century Contract with America.” It’s the subtitle of his book “Winning The Future,” and the subject of a 2010 Newsmax article. So was this just a clever repackaging of an old idea?

“The Newsmax article,” Gingrich explained, “was actually written as advice to House Republicans on how to develop a contract. It’s actually, if you understand what I’m doing, a pretty good basic primer on how to do this,” he said.

The new contract, said Gingrich, will be based on four “pillars”: New legislation similar to what was proposed in 1994, 50 to 200 executive orders to be signed within hours of the inauguration, a new system of training presidential appointees and modernization of government. Gingrich aspires to reach out to “activist leaders” to help implement and design the program.

The new legislation and executive orders would focus primarily on creating jobs, balancing the budget and judicial reform to stop “the continued elitist assault on American culture,” Gingrich said.

Explaining the evolution of his ideas, Gingrich remarked, “I’ve gone from being critical of the judges to advocating a Jeffersonian response, which in some cases would actually abolish the judgeships.”

Not alot of details yet. But Im interesting to see what he has planned. Im hoping it might be a good plan regardless what candidate wins the nomination.

I believe they are saying the plan is going to be revealed in more detail Thursday.

Good deal; it's about time we had something to chew on besides Cain's 9-9-9 plan which is a start but can be shot full of holes, and Romneys 59 point plan, which will have its challenge with capturing the public's imagination. I do believe Newt's a policy/idea genius.

Meh.... Gingrich is still just another inside-the-beltway PNAC/neocon establishmentarian tool.

clinton+gingrich+1995.jpg

newtnancy.jpg

If those don't leave you hanging over the bowl, retching your guts out over the thought of "President Gingrich", nothing will.

Given our current community-organizer-in-chief, this sentence made me cringe a bit:

Gingrich aspires to reach out to “activist leaders” to help implement and design the program.

Yes, the use of "activist" in an apparently positive context struck me as well. It seems to have a somewhat negative connotation now, particularly among Republicans. However, it seems as though Gingrich at one time did consider it a positive word: It appears in his list of positive governing words in the GOPAC memo: GOPAC memo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

It's also possible that Gingrich was misquoted. I doubt, as the article quotes him, that he really thinks his plans need "flushing out" rather than "fleshing out". I do wonder what his new contract has to do with neuroscience, though. There is a trend in social sciences to study brain response, but I think it's way too early to do something like that in the real world.

Given our current community-organizer-in-chief, this sentence made me cringe a bit:

Gingrich aspires to reach out to “activist leaders” to help implement and design the program.

Yes, the use of "activist" in an apparently positive context struck me as well. It seems to have a somewhat negative connotation now, particularly among Republicans. However, it seems as though Gingrich at one time did consider it a positive word: It appears in his list of positive governing words in the GOPAC memo: GOPAC memo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

It's also possible that Gingrich was misquoted. I doubt, as the article quotes him, that he really thinks his plans need "flushing out" rather than "fleshing out". I do wonder what his new contract has to do with neuroscience, though. There is a trend in social sciences to study brain response, but I think it's way too early to do something like that in the real world.
:cool:
It made me also think of activist judges.

I'm guessing the use of "activist", in this context, could refer to needing people that are willing to go against the norm; needing to shed the politics-as-usual behavior....make the tough choices, etc....

*shrug*

Newt and his contracts with America, we all know what happened last time he did this, it failed

The Rs did exactly what they promised to do, in case you are not aware or get your inormation only from the Lamestream Media. Every item on the Contract was put to an up or down vote in the house. That is exactly what they promised,and that's exactly what they did.

How about........​

Furthermore, Gingrich said some of the ideas in the new contract “are so new and so different we have not yet developed the ideas on how to do it.”

What......he just all-of-a-sudden decided a "new contract" was what-was-needed? How odd, that moment-of-clarity coincides with his going-nowhere, regarding the GOP-debates!!

:eusa_whistle:

“I would say in particular the section on brain science, which will be extraordinary as it is flushed out over the next few months,” he continued.

Brain-science???? What the fuck is THAT??!!! :eusa_eh:

There have BEEN major-advances, in brain-science, over the last 20 YEARS, and....to-date....

.....are TOTALLY-DISREGARDED....by "conservatives"!!!!

Sorry, NEWT!!!

We've had a GUT-FULL o' your.....

:fu: . :fu: . :fu: . :fu: . :fu:

Last edited:
Newt and his contracts with America, we all know what happened last time he did this, it failed

Elaborate??

Wasn't he Speaker of the House during all those wonderfully economically robust years of Clinton's?

You heard-about-that, huh???

"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit."
—Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

(Regarding the CLINTON TAX-INCREASES)​

Yeah.....ol' Frig Newton's quite the economic-forecaster.

handjob.gif

Meh.... Gingrich is still just another inside-the-beltway PNAC/neocon establishmentarian tool.

clinton+gingrich+1995.jpg

newtnancy.jpg

If those don't leave you hanging over the bowl, retching your guts out over the thought of "President Gingrich", nothing will.

Yeah, but sometimes he does hit one out of the park.

Forum List

Back