News of the World... now this is a good movie.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Every so often, unfortunately not often enough... a good one comes along.
And this is one of them.
Captivating story, well written, well acted... and BTW this new young lady Helena Zingle is going places. She can act. Like.... really act.
Loved it. Tom Hanks just does it again. And again.
You won't be disappointed.

And this is one of them.
Captivating story, well written, well acted... and BTW this new young lady Helena Zingle is going places. She can act. Like.... really act.

We enjoyed this film, my wife and I. I grew up watching Westerns with my father and binge read Zane Grey, Louis L'Amour and others. News of the World has great classic Western bones, however, my only real problem with the overall picture was the lack of characterization in Hanks' character. We were left wanting to know why Hanks' character was so willing to put down his entire life to save a child. But other than that, this movie was lots of fun. We hope the Western genre will come back strong.

And this is one of them.

We enjoyed this film, my wife and I. I grew up watching Westerns with my father and binge read Zane Grey, Louis L'Amour and others. News of the World has great classic Western bones, however, my only real problem with the overall picture was the lack of characterization in Hanks' character. We were left wanting to know why Hanks' character was so willing to put down his entire life to save a child. But other than that, this movie was lots of fun. We hope the Western genre will come back strong.

Ah... I believe I know that reason friend.

---------------------------- SPOILER -----------------------------

You learn why at the end of the film... in the scene with his lifelong friend. In which he stated while fighting for 6 years, so much killing, so much blood... everyday he thought of his wife. Wanted to see her, laugh with her, hold her etc.... and one day he receives a letter telling him she is dead.
So he was lost, became a wanderer... and happened upon this child. And like him - she is lost, nowhere to go. No place to call home. That drew him in. And so he became determined to "unlost" her. So at least she would have a home.
That's my take/

And this is one of them.

Thanks. Will definitely watch it.
Tom Hanks is such a dynamic actor. He sure has come a long way since Bosom Buddies.

Forum List

Back