News Flash: From the fancy French Restaurant where it costs $300 per person to eat there, his most highest highness Gaven Newsome speakeths.

I've heard about that place. Pretty pretentious sounding menu.

I'd eat there just to try it!!!
We decided to forego cooking for Christmas since there's only the Wife and I and we're ordering from the Houstonian. They have fantastic food!!!

Sounds great! I remember some truly memorable meals in my life at very high end restaurants, including a couple that were French, and to me they were worth every penny. But who wants tapioca in their oysters? Food these days seems to have moved past me. I still very fondly remember Beef Wellington with little perfectly roasted new potatoes, and rack of lamb still nearly bleeding... and some of the best damned bread I've had anywhere--oh yeah, and hausenpfeffer over homemade schnitzel.
Homemade Schnitzel? Do you mean chicken fried steak covered in some kind of rabbit stew?
Oh shit. What're those homemade fat noodle things...spaetzle! That's it! At least it was an 'S' word
Thanks for the correction.

I couldn’t care less about a French restaurant in wherever he was at.

But I don’t like the fact that Trump gave rallies almost every day in September and October, some days five rallies, and wherever he had a rally has become a hotspot for Covid. You can’t compare Gavin Newsom and his kids having dinner somewhere with Trump spending two months spreading Covid from one end of the country to the other end of the country

Nope. It's a young domestic pigeon.
What I meant was, the presentation. If anyone brought me that plate, it would go straight back to the kitchen. I'm sure it's good though--probably tastes like chicken.

I'll bet you didn't have fun plucking them though.

What I meant was, the presentation. If anyone brought me that plate, it would go straight back to the kitchen. I'm sure it's good though--probably tastes like chicken.

Chicken wing meat.

We decided to forego cooking for Christmas since there's only the Wife and I and we're ordering from the Houstonian. They have fantastic food!!!

Sounds great! I remember some truly memorable meals in my life at very high end restaurants, including a couple that were French, and to me they were worth every penny. But who wants tapioca in their oysters? Food these days seems to have moved past me. I still very fondly remember Beef Wellington with little perfectly roasted new potatoes, and rack of lamb still nearly bleeding... and some of the best damned bread I've had anywhere--oh yeah, and hausenpfeffer over homemade schnitzel.
Homemade Schnitzel? Do you mean chicken fried steak covered in some kind of rabbit stew?
Oh shit. What're those homemade fat noodle things...spaetzle! That's it! At least it was an 'S' word
Egg noodles go well with chicken fried steak. Every country in Europe has its own version of schnitzel and spaetzle. Chicken nuggets are bastardized versions of schnitzel. Chicken fried steak is a true and pure schnitzel.

Chicken wing meat.
The best part.

Egg noodles go well with chicken fried steak. Every country in Europe has its own version of schnitzel and spaetzle. Chicken nuggets are bastardized versions of schnitzel. Chicken fried steak is a true and pure schnitzel.
I had schnitzel once--think it was pork--and it was good, really tender, but what was awesome was the gravy--I don't know what the Germans put in their gravy, but boy was it good, almost had a spicy taste? Coulda drank it.

My mom used to do the cube steak thing, but the breading really makes a difference, doesn't it? I never had chicken fried steak until once when I was at a truck stop. Up here it comes with mashed potatoes.

I didnt pluck em my Mom did.
And they really dont taste like chicken.

I was always sick the next day, but it was a lot of fun going down..
Sounds like foie gras or something like that.
According to French law, foie gras is defined as the liver of a duck or goose fattened by gavage. In Spain and other countries, it is occasionally produced using natural feeding. Ducks are force-fed twice a day for 12.5 days and geese three times a day for around 17 days. Ducks are typically slaughtered at 100 days and geese at 112 days.
Animal rights and welfare activist groups such as the Humane Society of the United States and the Animal Legal Defense Fund contend that foie gras production methods, and force feeding in particular, constitute cruel and inhumane treatment of animals. Specific complaints include livers swollen to many times their normal size, impaired liver function, expansion of the abdomen making it difficult for birds to walk, death if the force feeding is continued, and scarring of the esophagus.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care that much about the animals --- even if Jews or certain religious sects say that certain waterfowls are unclean --- except that people who do unnatural things to animals inevitably do unnatural things to other people.

For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. --- 1 Cor 9:9--10​
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. --- Rom 1:22--25​

I was always sick the next day, but it was a lot of fun going down..
Sounds like foie gras or something like that.
According to French law, foie gras is defined as the liver of a duck or goose fattened by gavage. In Spain and other countries, it is occasionally produced using natural feeding. Ducks are force-fed twice a day for 12.5 days and geese three times a day for around 17 days. Ducks are typically slaughtered at 100 days and geese at 112 days.
Animal rights and welfare activist groups such as the Humane Society of the United States and the Animal Legal Defense Fund contend that foie gras production methods, and force feeding in particular, constitute cruel and inhumane treatment of animals. Specific complaints include livers swollen to many times their normal size, impaired liver function, expansion of the abdomen making it difficult for birds to walk, death if the force feeding is continued, and scarring of the esophagus.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care that much about the animals --- even if Jews or certain religious sects say that certain waterfowls are unclean --- except that people who do unnatural things to animals inevitably do unnatural things to other people.

For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. --- 1 Cor 9:9--10​
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. --- Rom 1:22--25​
Yeah, foie gras was always in the first or second course. And it is so rich it probably was one of the culprits.

Yeah, foie gras was always in the first or second course. And it is so rich it probably was one of the culprits.
You're eating an animal that was forced to eat something it didn't want to eat, or wouldn't have eaten naturally.

It's not surprising that the human would become sick from the effects of that.

An animal needs to be living a reasonably normal healthy life, and be slaughtered as quickly and cleanly as possible in the prime of its life in order for it to be fit for human consumption.

You're eating an animal that was forced to eat something it didn't want to eat, or wouldn't have eaten naturally.

It's not surprising that the human would become sick from the effects of that.

An animal needs to be living a reasonably normal healthy life, and be slaughtered as quickly and cleanly as possible in the prime of its life in order for it to be fit for human consumption.
Yeah, I heard you the first time. Eating flesh is a nasty business in general, but I happen to enjoy it. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Yeah, I heard you the first time. Eating flesh is a nasty business in general, but I happen to enjoy it. In for a penny, in for a pound.
I don't object to eating flesh or meat at all, but I want to eat meat from healthy animals slaughtered in a more or less natural state of nutrition. I don't want to be poisoned by eating the flesh of an animal that has been force-fed or essentially poisoned to death.

Deep-fried livers of free range chickens that have not been force-fed, are perfectly edible by humans, for example.

What's in the poultry feed the Thanksgiving turkeys were eating before they were slaughtered? Why are we catching COVID from the leftovers?

And if there's a turkey for Thanksgiving, there really ought to be a goose for Christmas dinner, but I simply cannot believe the rest of the goose is all that edible, after it's been poisoned and force-fed beyond all proportion for an overpriced liver pâté.

Forum List

Back