News Flash: From the fancy French Restaurant where it costs $300 per person to eat there, his most highest highness Gaven Newsome speakeths.

I've heard about that place. Pretty pretentious sounding menu.

I'd eat there just to try it!!!
We decided to forego cooking for Christmas since there's only the Wife and I and we're ordering from the Houstonian. They have fantastic food!!!

In his dreams. Local LE and LE all over the state will not enforce this bullshit so go your merry way regardless of what Newscum says.

We decided to forego cooking for Christmas since there's only the Wife and I and we're ordering from the Houstonian. They have fantastic food!!!

Sounds great! I remember some truly memorable meals in my life at very high end restaurants, including a couple that were French, and to me they were worth every penny. But who wants tapioca in their oysters? Food these days seems to have moved past me. I still very fondly remember Beef Wellington with little perfectly roasted new potatoes, and rack of lamb still nearly bleeding... and some of the best damned bread I've had anywhere--oh yeah, and hausenpfeffer over homemade schnitzel.

Sounds great! I remember some truly memorable meals in my life at very high end restaurants, including a couple that were French, and to me they were worth every penny. But who wants tapioca in their oysters? Food these days seems to have moved past me. I still very fondly remember Beef Wellington with little perfectly roasted new potatoes, and rack of lamb still nearly bleeding... and some of the best damned bread I've had anywhere--oh yeah, and hausenpfeffer over homemade schnitzel.

We're getting Prime Rib and various other sides.....and something I've never heard of for dessert.
Apple Pie with Cranberries.
The Wife is the CFO for the Houstonian and gets lots of Perks.
The Bush's lived at the Manor House on the grounds of the Houstonian. It's beautiful!!!
It's now a restaurant.
Manor House

Can't go wrong with that! I've had apple cranberry cobbler. It's got that tart pop, of course, but around here cobbler is so sweet it's hard telling what a pie would be like. I'd have a little vanilla ice cream on hand just in case it's too puckery.

We're getting Prime Rib and various other sides.....and something I've never heard of for dessert.
The Bush's lived at the Manor House on the grounds of the Houstonian. It's beautiful!!!
It's now a restaurant.
Manor House

The place has a rich History.

It's now a restaurant.
Manor House
It sounds lovely. But you're doing takeout?

“it costs $300 per person to eat there”
That's because it's a fancy French restaurant. Maybe it's the food, the atmosphere, the experience. Some people pay that much money to watch a football game, and they have potato chips and beer.

That figure wouldn't include a bottle of wine, now, would it?

People wine and dine, or else they booze and schmooze, but there is a certain political level where for some odd reason it isn't really an option to skip the alcohol.

in vino veritas, they say. The Interpol and French secret police are on standby, and the hosts won't trust the Americans unless they answer every question all but passed out drunk.

It's now a restaurant.
Manor House
It sounds lovely. But you're doing takeout?

Yeah.
We dont care to eat out with all the restrictions.
We can pick it up from the kitchen at 3:00 and be home in twenty minutes.
It's all packed in Thick foam so it wont lose temp at all.
The Rich folks in River Oaks do it all the time.
1606791329395.png

1606791372297.png

1606791475668.png

Fuck hypocrite Gavin Newsom ....and fuck his relative witch Nancy Pelosi too.....what do they think? that they own California? those scum? NO they do not!

Do as I say and not as I do?????????????

It's time for Cali to rise up and fight these corrupt communist criminals!

Bless free Cali!:clap:

Homemade Schnitzel? Do you mean chicken fried steak covered in some kind of rabbit stew?

“it costs $300 per person to eat there”
That's because it's a fancy French restaurant. Maybe it's the food, the atmosphere, the experience. Some people pay that much money to watch a football game, and they have potato chips and beer.

That figure wouldn't include a bottle of wine, now, would it?

People wine and dine, or else they booze and schmooze, but there is a certain political level where for some odd reason it isn't really an option to skip the alcohol.

in vino veritas, they say. The Interpol and French secret police are on standby, and the hosts won't trust the Americans unless they answer every question all but passed out drunk.
LOL. The first time my step-dad took us to a very fancy French restaurant (on the company's expense account--sssshhhhh don't tell) mom warned me in advance the waiter was going to put the napkin in my lap. She probably figured I'd say something rude if he startled me. Pulled out your chair when you just thought about getting up to use the ladies', lit your cigarette before you could get out your lighter, refilled your wine while you weren't looking. You never saw them lurking, but they were silently there. It was an evening's entertainment, at least five courses. I was always sick the next day, but it was a lot of fun going down..

I am not a fancy restaurant person, but there have been times when I was on an expense account (not mine), and I went to posh restaurants and was forced to eat good stuff.

Once in Mexico city, immediately after the peso had been de-valued (1983-ish), my team dined at a French restaurant said to be the best in Mexico. It was called, I think, "le Moustache." We had a seven-course dinner with three or four different wines served, plus dessert. Everything was fabulous, and the courses were small enough that we could enjoy each dish without feeling bloated.

There were eleven of us. The bill came out to about $150, in total, including tip.

Best meal I ever had in a restaurant.

Forum List

Back